About the Alpine HCE-RCAM-WRA
Wrangle in reverse
Wrangle in reverse
Traditionally, you want to mount a backup cam in a centrally located spot on the rear of your vehicle, usually in close proximity to your license plate. If you're a Jeep Wrangler owner, you know that ain't happening because of where the Wrangler spare is traditionally stored. Alpine's HCE-RCAM-WRA offers a creative solution — a backup camera that mounts behind your spare tire and looks through the spokes to give you a view of what's behind you.
Alpine adds High Dynamic Resolution to the HCE-C1100 rear-view cam to give you their best picture yet. With HDR, you'll see more detail whether you're backing up in a bright parking lot at noon or a dark parking garage at midnight. The camera works with any aftermarket car stereo with a composite (RCA) camera input. With the addition of Alpine's SGS-CH01 camera interface (not included), you'll be able to integrate this camera with select Jeep Wrangler factory radios and add active parking lines.
Alpine's bracket uses your Wrangler's bolt pattern to mount behind your spare. On the camera end of the bracket, Alpine gives you the flexibility to move the camera to the left or right for a clear view through the Wrangler spare's 5x5 wheel pattern.
- rear-view camera designed for select 2007-18 Jeep Wrangler JK vehicles
- includes bracket to mount camera behind factory spare tire
- includes Alpine HCE-C1100 rear-view camera
- compatible with any device with a composite (RCA) video connection
- compatible with Alpine SGS-CH01 camera interface for Wrangler factory radio integration
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HCE-RCAM-WRA
What's in the box:
- Camera with mounting bracket (attached 18" cable)
- 10' Power/Video cable (7.5A fuse)
- 23' Extension cable
- Spare tire bracket
- 3 Retaining clips
- Heat shrink tube
- Water-proofing pad
- Two-sided tape
- 5 Wire-ties
- Installation Instructions
More details on the Alpine HCE-RCAM-WRA
Vehicle Compatibility: The Alpine HCE-RCAM-WRA spare tire backup camera is compatible with 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK) and Wrangler Unlimited (JK) models. The included spare tire mounting bracket installs behind the spare tire and extends the camera through the spokes of the wheel.
- Composite Video (Universal): The HCE-RCAM-WRA can be connected to Alpine in-dash receivers and other aftermarket in-dash receivers via composite video.
- Factory Radio Compatibility: In addition, it can be connected to the factory radio of your Jeep Wrangler using Alpine's SGS-CH01 Camera Interface (sold separately) which also adds active guide lines (no dealer programming required).
- Dual Camera Option: The Alpine SGS-CH01 interface can be used in conjunction with the KCX-C2600B Universal Camera Switcher (sold separately) that allows you to add both the HCE-RCA-WRA spare tire backup camera and a front camera (sold separately) to the factory radio of your Jeep Wrangler.
Note: This rear-view camera system is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
HDR Camera: The Alpine HCE-RCAM-WRA is equipped with an HDR backup camera (HCE-C1100) that makes maneuvering your Jeep Wrangler JK in reverse easier and safer. A rearview camera is a great way to improve your parking skills and make backing up safer. The HDR backup camera employs a weatherproof (IP67) housing to protect the backup camera from the outdoor elements.
- CMOS Images Sensor & Wide-Angle Lens: The rearview camera's equipped with a 1/3.7" CMOS image sensor with an effective resolution of 640 x 480 (307,200 total pixels). The image sensor offers automatic metering and automatic white balance adjustment for high-quality rearview images. The rearview camera's wide-angle lens has a focal length of f=1.34mm and brightness of f=1:2:0, with a 131° (h) x 103° (v) field of view.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): Thanks to HDR technology, the picture quality is much better compared to regular camera systems, for even better visibility behind your vehicle when backing up, with a high-resolution and high-detail camera image. The rearview camera offers incredible image quality in varying levels of light with a wide illumination range (1.5 to 100,000 Lux). HDR (High Dynamic Range) and automatic fast exposure adjustment eliminates image wash-out common when going from areas of heavy shade into areas with bright sunlight (for example underground parking, tunnels, etc).
Note: Because this is a wide-angle lens, there is a difference in distance perspective between what is normally seen behind the vehicle and what appears on the screen of your in-dash receiver.
Spare Tire Mounting Bracket: The Alpine HCE-RCAM-WRA comes with a bracket that mounts between the spare tire and your Jeep Wrangler's 5x5 wheel pattern. The upper portion of the bracket can be positioned to the left or right of the wheel's spokes, ensuring that the attached camera has a clear line of sight behind the vehicle and is not blocked by the wheel.
Power & Ground: The HCE-RCAM-WRA's power (red) & ground (black) wires will need to be hardwired. Power can be obtained from your vehicle's reverse light circuit or from the reverse gear wire of your aftermarket stereo (if applicable). The ground will need to connected to your vehicle's metal chassis.
Optional Multi-Camera Selector Interface: The optional Alpine KCX-C250MC Multi-Camera Selector Interface (500KCXC250, sold separately) allows as many as three camera systems (Front, Rear, & Side) to be connected to and controlled from select Alpine in-dash navigation receivers.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked