About the Alpine Restyle i407-WRA-JL
Built for your JL or JT
Built for your JL or JT
Alpine's i407-WRA-JL Restyle digital multimedia receiver brings smartphone connectivity to your 2018-up Wrangler JL or 2020-up Gladiator JT. With a generous 6.95" diagonal touchscreen display, this feature-packed performer fits perfectly into your Jeep, bringing you built-in Bluetooth®, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ capability, HD Radio™, and plenty of inputs. Whether you're a pavement prowler or off-road junkie, Alpine makes upgrading your Jeep's dash simple and straightforward.
Designed for your Wrangler
This Alpine Restyle package lets you install the i407-WRA-JL in pretty much every 2018-up Wrangler JL or 2020-up Gladiator JT model. This package contains a dash kit that houses the receiver, along with wiring adapters that plug directly into the factory electronics and wiring. Alpine even includes an iDatalink module that allows you to keep your steering wheel audio controls and the Jeep Uconnect® features you've grown fond of. Once you've identified your vehicle, we'll tell you if this Jeep kit fits.
Factory functionality meets aftermarket style
The Restyle dash kit comes with custom keys that match the lighting, color, shape, and style of the factory keys, and it also lets you keep your climate controls. Buttons below the 6.95" display offer easy access to commonly used functions, and you'll even retain your Jeep's 12-volt ports.
The best smartphone options
iPhone® or Android™, this Alpine is ready to work with your phone:
- Android Auto: Android Auto integrates your Android device into your driving experience in a non-distracting way. You'll have voice control access to Google Maps, weather, music, your phone, text messages, plus easy access to many of your favorite apps. Get more info at https://www.android.com/auto.
- Apple CarPlay: CarPlay integrates your iPhone® into the driving experience, putting iPhone content at the driver's voice command with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, your phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
Radio options for sound and variety
The i407-WRA-JL boasts excellent entertainment choices up and down the dial:
- HD Radio reception: Enjoy crystal-clear sound quality from participating AM and FM stations, including FM that sounds almost as good as a CD. Plus, you'll see station and song info on the screen.
- Satellite radio compatibility: You can add SiriusXM programming to the receiver with an optional tuner and a subscription.
The i407-WRA-JL also features an HDMI input, allowing you to connect compatible Android smartphones and devices. When connected, you'll be able to view video content from your phone or a portable Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD player on the Alpine's screen while parked.
Built-in Bluetooth allows you to use the i407-WRA-JL for hands-free calling and music streaming through your smartphone. Alpine includes an external microphone for a crystal-clear conversations.
iDatalink Maestro included
The i407-WRA-JL offers compatibility you won't find in many other aftermarket radios, thanks to an iDatalink Maestro interface. You'll keep your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, and safety warning chimes, if present. The iDatalink adapter also lets you tap into your Jeep's diagnostic port, so you can check out expanded functionality including gauges, climate controls, a distance sensor, and tire pressure monitor on the Alpine's screen.
Works with PowerStack amps
Alpine's PowerStack technology packs a lot of juice into a REALLY small amp chassis, giving you hard-hitting audio performance that won't soak up your vehicle's real estate. The i407-WRA-JL pairs with both the KTA-450 Power Pack 4-channel amp and the KTA-200M Power Pack mono amp, so you can pump up your signal conveniently. Unfortunately, design constraints make stacking these amps with the i407-WRA-JL in your Jeep's dash very difficult, so you'll probably have to mount your amp elsewhere in your vehicle.
Note: The PowerStack amp configurations are NOT compatible with factory amplified systems.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play discs)
- custom-fit receiver designed for select 2007-18 Jeep Wrangler JL and 2020-up Jeep Gladiator JT models
- includes Alpine Restyle package with all installation parts
- 6.95" capacitive touchscreen
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- HD Radio tuner built-in
- includes iDatalink Maestro ALP-MRR module (requires Windows PC for programming)
- retains factory features, including steering wheel controls
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
Smartphone Features (see Details for info on compatibility with specific smartphones and apps):
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- playback and control of music files on compatible Android devices
- plays MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC music files (see Details tab for full capabilities)
- plays AVI, MP4, MPG, MOV, and WMV video files
- 5-band graphic EQ with time correction
- 10 EQ preset curves
- high- and low-pass crossovers
- Bass Engine SQ
- MediaXpander HD
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- compatible with optional Alpine DVE-5300 DVD player
- works with Alpine PowerStack amplifiers in traditional, non-stackable configurations (not compatible with factory amplified systems)
- inputs: rear HDMI input, rear A/V input (minijack), rear USB input, front- and rear-view camera inputs
- outputs: rear composite video output; 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings, video display, and other features on this receiver (the parking brake must be connected and set, released, and set again)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # i407-WRA-JL
What's in the box:
- Alpine iLX-407:
- Digital multimedia receiver
- Preout/Camera harness
- Video in/out harness
- 41" USB extension cable
- Microphone (attached 13' cable terminated by a male 3.5mm stereo connector)
- Bracket (for microphone)
- 4 ISO-screws
- Installation Manual
- Quick Reference Guide
- Registration Card
- "Read Before Installation" Note
- Warranty Sheet
- Maestro ALP-HRN-WJL:
- iDatalink Maestro RR radio replacement interface module (ALP-MRR)
- Main harness
- Chime speaker
- USB/HDMI/Aux interface
- USB power adapter
- USB flashing cable
- Antenna adapter
- SAT radio antenna adapter
- OBDII harness
- Power harness adapter
- Alpine SGS-BSV1-JWL:
- Camera module
- Camera power harness
- 41" Composite video cable
- RCA-coupler (not used)
- Alpine ALP-i407-KIT:
- Dash kit
- 2 Side mounting brakets
More details on the Alpine Restyle i407-WRA-JL
Vehicle Compatibility: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL in-dash digital multimedia receiver is designed specifically to be installed in the following Jeep Wrangler vehicles (as of 2/23/2022).
Note: Jeeps with factory OEM amplified system will also require Alpine's KCX-F200INT interface adapter (sold separately)
OEM-Grade Dash Kit: The Alpine X409-WRA-JL in-dash digital media receiver includes a dash kit (ALP-407KIT-JL) which allows the aftermarket head unit to fit seamlessly into your Jeep. The dash kit is made of specially formed OEM-grade, high-quality, high-strength ABS plastic that has been color-matched to the factory dash. Extra care has been taken to match the factory dash's shape, texture, and color ensuring a more OEM-like appearance. Unlike traditional universal dash kits, the dash kit includes direct fit OEM-like brackets to ensure sturdy support and accurate positioning of the radio in your vehicle's dash.
iDataLink Maestro Interface: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL in-dash digital media receiver also includes the iDataLink Maestro (ALP-MRR) radio replacement interface with radio and vehicle harness. The iDataLink Maestro interface (ALP-MRR) retains important factory installed features and functionality when replacing the Jeep's factory OEM radio with Alpine's i407-WRA-JL. It also provides extra features and functionality for added convenience.
- Premium Amplified System: Alpine's KCX-F200INT interface adapter (sold separately) can be utilized to retain your Jeep's factory OEM Alpine Premium Amplified System (if factory equipped). The KCX-F200INT mimics the signals from your Jeep's factory Alpine Premium Amplifier to retain the integrity of your audio system while upgrading the technology on your dash. You'll also retain the factory premium audio amplifier system's digital fader, DSP settings, gain adjustment, and speed compensated volume.
- Steering Wheel Controls & Backup Camera: Your Jeep's factory steering wheel controls will be retained. You get two functions on each button for standard and expanded radio functions. Using the supplied camera interface and external chime speaker, the i407-WRA-JL will also retain your Jeep's factory backup camera with visual guidelines and audible park assist (if factory equipped).
- Media Interface: The i407-WRA-JL comes with a media interface that consists of an HDMI jack, 3.5mm Aux input, and dual USB-A ports. This media interface replaces your Jeep's factory USB hub. The media interface's HDMI jack and 3.5mm Aux input plug into the Alpine receiver's rear-panel HDMI and Aux Inputs (cables not included) for easier access. One of the USB ports will connect to the black factory microUSB plug (not grey) for charging purposes only, while the other USB port will plug into the Alpine receiver's rear-panel USB port for easier access, data transmission, and charging.
- Vehicle Settings & Climate Control: Your Jeep's climate display & controls can be accessed from the Alpine i407-WRA-JL's 6.95" touchscreen monitor. You can also access and modify factory OEM vehicle settings through the Alpine receiver's touchscreen monitor.
- Vehicle Information & Customizable Gauges: The iDataLink Maestro (ALP-MRR) can also integrate with your Jeep's diagnostic port so select vehicle information like tire pressure, battery voltage, door status, engine codes, and user-customizable gauges can be monitored on the Alpine receiver's 6.95" touchscreen display.
- EVIC (Electronic Vehicle Information Center): If your Jeep is equipped with a secondary EVIC cluster display, the iDataLink Maestro will retain it and display Source Name only.
- If equipped, the factory Uconnect system is not retained and will no longer be functional with the new Alpine i407-WRA-JK digital multimedia receiver. However, the i407-WRA-JDK does offer Bluetooth, HDMI, and USB connectivity.
- If equipped, the factory SiriusXM tuner is not retained. However, the Alpine i407-WRA-JK does support the SiriusXM SXV300V1 SiriusXM Tuner (sold separately) and you can utilize the factory installed SiriusXM antenna.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDataLink Maestro RR (ALP-MRR) will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Note: Not compatible with Chromebook and other operating systems not listed above.
Pre-Wired Harnesses: The radio, vehicle, and interface harnesses comes pre-wired, so all you need to do is plug the appropriate connector in the back of the Alpine i407-WRA-JL, iDataLink Maestro (ALP-MRR), camera interface module (SGS-BSV1-WJL), chime speaker, and the vehicle's factory radio plugs. Even the Parking Brake & Reverse Gear connections are pre-wired to make installation much simpler and less time consuming.
Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
Android Auto: Android Auto brings the most useful apps of your Android smartphone to the Alpine in-dash receiver, making it easier for you to keep your main focus on driving. You can control things like navigation maps, phone calls, text messages, music, and more using the head unit's touchscreen or your voice and Google Assistant. With large touchscreen icons, a simplified user interface, and the Google Assistant, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. To use Android Auto, you'll need an Android smartphone running OS Lollipop (6.0 or newer). The compatible Android smartphone must be connected to head unit's rear-panel USB port and paired via Bluetooth. Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible
- Google Assistant: With Google Assistant on Android Auto, you can keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel while using your voice to help you with your daily commute. Simply say, "Ok Google" or press the mic button to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, or listen to music.
- Navigation Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you're going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. You can use the unit's touchscreen or Google Assistant to select your destination and route. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Calls & Messages: Android Auto's Google Assistant lets you stay connected while you're driving. The Google Assistant lets you use voice commands to call phone numbers and your favorite contacts, as well as read-reply-send text messages; all while keeping your hands on the wheel.
- Music Apps: Android Auto gives you access to your Android smartphone's music library through Google Play Music. You'll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver's touchscreen or the Google Assistant to select songs, artists, albums, or playlists. You also get access to select music apps on your Android smartphone; including Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver's harness to your vehicle's parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle's parking brake is engaged.
- Use the included 41" USB extension along with your Android smartphone's USB cable (no longer than 6'). Any other USB extension cable cause Android Auto to malfunction.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
Apple CarPlay: CarPlay is a smarter, safer way to use your Apple iPhone in your vehicle. CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them right on the display of the in-dash receiver. You can use the head unit's touchscreen or your voice and Siri to get directions, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music - all in a way that allows you to stay focused on the road. You'll need to connect your compatible iPhone 5S or newer (running iOS 7.1+) to the head unit's rear-panel USB port using the included 41" USB extension cable and an Apple Certified USB-to-Lightning cable. .
- Maps: Apple Maps will be mirrored on the screen, including traffic information and estimated time to destination. Use the head unit's touchscreen or ask Siri to get turn-by-turn directions. You can search by address, favorites, recents, points-of-interests, and more. CarPlay can even predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. You can also choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have there own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone: Use the head unit's touchscreen or ask Siri to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemail messages. Caller ID information will be displayed on the receiver's touchscreen. You'll carry on your side of the conversation through the included microphone, while the other party is heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Messages: Ask Siri to send, read, and reply to text messages. This hands-free operation minimizes distraction and allows you to keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. Text messages cannot be read or typed from the head unit's touchscreen to prevent driver distraction.
- Music: You can access music by artist, song, playlist, and more through the receiver's touchscreen or via Siri. The receiver will display artist/song/album information (including album art in the background). You can access your iPhone's iTunes music library, as well as Apple Music. In addition, you can access other music apps that you have on your iPhone; including Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, SiriusXM, Slacker Radio, Google Play Music & more.
- Apple HomeKit: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Other Applications: In addition to navigation and music apps, Apple CarPlay supports a variety of other applications ranging from Podcasts, Audiobooks, Sports, News, Weather, and More.
- Use the included USB extension cable and an "Apple Certified" Lightning-to-USB extension cable (up to 6') for connection. Any other USB extension cable or non-certified cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
iPhone Music Playback: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL's rear-panel USB port and 41" USB extension cable can also be used to simply connect your Apple iPhone with Lightning connector (5S and newer) for music playback only. You'll need a an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable to connect your compatible iPhone to the i407-WRA-JL. The USB connection allows for audio playback of stored music, music apps, and other audio content. You can use the head unit to control playback functions such as Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat. You can also browse your music by category (playlist/song/artist/album/genre/etc.). In addition, the unit will display song/artist/album information (including album art).
- Compatible iPhone models include the 13 Pro Max / 13 Pro / 13 / 13 Mini, 12 Pro Max / 12 Pro / 12 / 12 Mini, 11 Pro Max / 11 Pro / 11, XS Max / XS / XR, 8 Plus / 8, 7 Plus / 7 , 6S Plus / 6S, 6 Plus / 6, 5S, and SE.
- Not compatible with iPod nano, iPod touch, older 30-pin Apple devices, and other Apple devices not listed above.
Smartphone Charging: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL will also charge (5V/1.5A) your Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone device while connected via USB with the vehicle's ignition switch set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position.
Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay and Android Auto apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
Bluetooth 4.1: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL features built-in Bluetooth 4.1 with support for hands-free phone communication and wireless audio streaming. The head unit's built-in Bluetooth allows you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles -
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP (Hands Free Profile), PBAB (Phone Book Access Profile).
- Audio Streaming: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Alpine i407-WRA-JL.
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP): With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the i407-WRA-JL without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings (your phone must also support SSP). You can pair up to 5 Bluetooth enabled devices with the Alpine head unit, but only one device can be used at a time.
Hands-Free Communication: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone (including iPhone & Android). You'll be able to receive and make calls using the i407-WRA-JL. The Alpine i407-WRA-JL allows you to carry on a phone conversation using the included external microphone and your car audio speakers. You can emphasize or weaken the volume level of the phone caller, the ring tone, and the microphone to fit your own preference (0-11).
- Receiving Calls: Incoming calls are announced by a caller ring tone through your vehicle's speakers (music will be muted) & a Caller ID message across your Alpine head unit's touchscreen display. You can answer an incoming phone call by pressing the telephone icon button on the Alpine receiver's front-panel. Press the telephone icon button again to end the call.
- Making Calls: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL provides a variety of functions for placing a phone call without using your mobile phone. The Alpine i407-WRA-JL features full phone book access, call history, and voice-dialing with compatible phones.
- Phone Number Entry: Allows you to directly dial a phone number from the head unit's touchscreen.
- Phonebook (with ABC search): Your contacts and their phone numbers can be downloaded from your compatible mobile phone. You can then search the contacts of your phonebook alphabetically.
- Presets & Favorites: You can assign up to 5 phone numbers for one-touch dialing to make a call easily. You can also make a phone call using the Short Cut function of numbers that you have registered as Favorites.
- Call History: The previously dialed, received, or missed numbers can be retrieved and dialed from memory.
- Voice Dialing: If you have a voice-dial capable phone (including iPhone & Android), you can dial a phone contact by simply speaking the name of your contact or the telephone number.
Note: All Bluetooth phone functions are available with or without the parking brake engaged.
Audio Streaming: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL can stream stored music, music apps, and other content from your Bluetooth source device (such as your iPhone or Android smartphone). The i407-WRA-JL will be able to control basic playback functions such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind and Random/Repeat. Advanced music browsing (such as song/artist/album search) will still need to be done from your Bluetooth source device. The head unit will also display your stored music's song information; such as Artist name & Song/Album title (no Album Art).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Siri Eyes Free Control: When connected to an iPhone with Siri via Bluetooth, the Alpine i407-WRA-JL has the ability to access Siri through its front-panel/touchscreen controls and external microphone. Simply press the head unit's "microphone" button on the front-panel to engage Siri and use the external microphone to communicate with Siri. Siri's voice will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. All Siri functions including hands-free calling, music search, setting reminders, text-messaging, audible navigation, and more can be done through the i407-WRA-JL and its microphone. You can ask Siri to get directions to a destination and the turn-by-turn instructions will heard through your vehicle's speakers, while the on-screen map still displays on your iPhone with Siri. The head unit's audio is attenuated while Siri provides audible directions.
Note: The head unit's display will only indicate hands-free calling and Bluetooth audio information (all other functions of Siri are only audible through the Alpine i407-WRA-JL; visual data will still need to be viewed from your iPhone device).
USB Mass Class Storage Devices: In addition to iPhone & Android connectivity, the head unit's rear-panel USB (type-A) port allows you to connect a USB Mass Storage Class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. A 41" USB extension cable is included. The unit supports playback of a variety of audio,video, and photo files stored on a compatible USB MSC device. The unit also offers playback control and song/artist information display (including Album Art). USB portable devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital media receiver's USB port (max. 1.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
|Media Type||USB (Mass Storage Class Device)|
|File System||FAT 16/32|
|Playable File Types||Audio|| |
MP3: bit rate of
8-320kbps; sampling rate of 8-48kHz
|Video||MP4/AVI/WMV/MOV: optimum resolution of 96-720 (h) x 96-576 (v)|
|Max # of Files/Folders||10,000 files/folders|
|Song/Artist Info||MP3 ID3 tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC tags, & Album Art|
- For safety and legal reasons, the i407-WRA-JL features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a USB video or photo file while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video or photo file, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged and the ignition in the ACC or ON position.
- The USB port does not support MTP or AOA playback for Android devices. The USB port cannot be connected to a USB hub or card-reader.
HDMI Input: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL is outfitted with a full-size, rear-panel HDMI input for an all digital audio and video connection to an optional DVD player or mobile device. The HDMI input supports up 480p and 720p video. Not all source devices with an HDMI output will be supported by the Alpine i407-WRA-JL.
- Optional DVD Player: The head unit's HDMI input can be used to connect almost any external mobile AV source with an HDMI output, such as Alpine's DVE-5300 DVD player (500DVE5300; sold separately). The HDMI input will provide video and audio playback. Playback functions will need to be controlled from your HDMI-connected device (such as the DVE-5300 DVD player) or the remote that came with your HDMI-connected source device.
- Mobile Device Mirroring: The HDMI input can also be used to mirror select Apple iPhones with Lightning connect and select Android smartphones that are MHL compatible, so you can watch videos and photos, as well as listen to audio through the Alpine i407-WRA-JL. There is no touchscreen control from the Alpine head unit; you will still continue to use your mobile device to select content, apps, and control playback. An Apple or Android/MHL adapter (both sold separately) will be required to make a HDMI connection.
Note: For safety and legal reasons, the i407-WRA-JL features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a HDMI video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged and the ignition in the ACC or ON position.
AV Input/Output: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL features a rear-panel 3.5mm Aux input and a rear-panel composite video input to connect to an external audio/video source. It also features a composite video output that allows you to an add external monitor such as rear headrest monitor (sold separately). The video output can display a USB or AV-input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Note: The head unit's HDMI input cannot be transmitted through the video out. CarPlay and Android Auto are also not supported via the video out.
HD Radio: With the built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio lets you listen to the radio with the same fidelity as your digital music. HD Radio features high quality audio, FM multi-casting, and data services. With HD Radio, your FM stations offer near CD-quality sound, AM stations provide FM-like sound, and there is crystal-clear reception with no audio distortion. Best of all, HD Radio is 100% subscription free. The unit's tuner also supports analog AM/FM broadcasts.
- Multicasting: Multicasting is the ability to broadcast multiple program streams over a single AM/FM frequency. this increases the amount and diversity of content choices. A maximum of eight multicast station channels (HD1-HD8) can be selected on this unit.
- Station Text w/ Album Art: AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles, plus Album Art. The built-in HD Radio tuner displays song title, artist and station information on the touchscreen monitor of the Alpine i407-WRA-JL. The RDS (Radio Data System) is a radio information system for analog FM. The RDS allows you to receive a variety of information such as traffic information, station names, and song information from standard analog FM radio stations.
- Preset & Direct Tuning: The built-in tuner provides 12 FM and 6 AM preset stations. The unit's tuner can automatically seek and store six strong stations in a selected band in order of signal strength. Sub-program services of multicast stations are not included in the automatic memory search. You can also input a station number directly from the head unit's LCD touchscreen.
- Tuner Quality Setting: This unit can be set to three different FM tuner quality settings - Normal (standard), HiFi (high-quality), or Stable (controls noise).
- Ballgame Mode: In a live broadcast, such as a sportscast, a time lag occurs between digital sound and analog sound. Therefore, when live broadcasts are received, time lag between the real broadcast may occur and this unit can change to analog broadcasting automatically.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
SiriusXM Ready: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List + Song/Artist Info: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor.
- Category Search & Presets: The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category. Up to 6 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved for easier access. You can also directly select a channel or station number by using the on-screen numeric keypad.
- Parental Lock: This function restricts the listening of channels for children of certain age levels and is protected by a 4-digit "lock-code".
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Apple Music Radio: You can playback Apple Music Radio on your USB-connected Apple iPhone w/ Lightning connector (5S and up) through the Alpine i407-WRA-JL. With a WiFi or cellular connection, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations from almost any genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit's touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations and find the music you want to listen to in the car.
Audio & DSP Section
CTA-2006 Compliant: The specifications given by Alpine for the built-in amplifier comply with the CTA-2006 mobile amplifier power testing and measurement standards from the CTA (Consumer Technology Association). All manufacturers who comply with the standard can display the CTA-2006 logo on their product.
- CTA-2006 Power Rating: 16 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Max Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: Due to limted space in your Jeep's dash, the i407-WRA-JL does not support the installation of Alpine's PowerStack or Power Pack amplifiers.
6ch/4V Preouts + Sub Control: The i407-WRA-JL has three sets of 4-Volt RCA pre-outs (Front/Rear/Sub) for connection of external amplifiers. The unit's front and rear preamp output can be faded (front/rear), while the subwoofer preamp output is non-fading. The subwoofer output level can be adjusted independently from the main volume setting (0-15); so even at low volume settings the subwoofer is still audible. The subwoofer output phase can be set to Normal (0°) or Reverse (180°).
High-Pass & Low-Pass Crossovers: This unit is equipped with active high-pass and low-pass crossovers which limit the frequencies delivered to the speaker and line-level outputs. Each speaker channel is controlled independently, so each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which have they been optimally designed. The crossover adjusts the HFP (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) frequency point of each speaker pair, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows).
- High Pass Filter: The Alpine head unit is equipped with a high-pass filter for its speaker-level output and front/rear-channel preamp outputs. You can set the unit's high-pass filter center frequency point to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the high pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter: The unit's subwoofer output low-pass filter can be set to 20Hz, 25Hz, 31.5Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 63Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, 125Hz, 160Hz, 200Hz, or Off (through). The slope of the low pass filter can be set to 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/oct.
Built-in EQ: The i407-WRA-JL digital media receiver is equipped with a variety of EQ presets for different types of music, plus a 5-Band Parametric EQ for fine-tuning the sound to your preference. It also offers simple tone, balance, and fade control.
- EQ Presets: 10 typical equalizer settings are preset at the factory for a variety of music source material. Choose from Flat, Pop, Rock, News, Jazz, Electronic, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, and Classical.
- 5-Band EQ: The 5-Band EQ (250Hz/500Hz/1kHz/30kHz/10kHz) allows you to manually modify the response curve and create a sound that is more
appealing to your personal taste.
- Tone Control: In addition to the EQ Preset and 5-Band EQ, the receiver offers simple Bass & Treble control with balance and fader adjustment.
Time Correction: This unit is able to delay the audio signal to the speakers closest to the listener with its built-in Time Correction feature. This effectively creates a perception of increased distance for those speakers. Time Correction allows the listener to be placed at an equal distance between the left and right speakers for optimum staging. You can adjust the distance (0-336.6cm) or time delay (0.0-9.9msec) of each speaker and subwoofer to the listener. You are able to save three time correction presets.
Note: In order to access Time Correction, your vehicle must be stopped with its parking brake engaged.
Media Xpander: Alpine's exclusive Media Xpander is engineered to bring out the musical details lost in compressed media, and it is adjustable per source to get the most out of your digital audio media. The Media Xpander makes vocals or instruments sound distinct regardless of the music source. The Tuner, USB memory, CarPlay, Android Auto, Pandora, and Bluetooth Audio will be able to reproduce the music more clearly even in vehicles with a lot of road noise.
Note: In order to access the Media Xpander, your vehicle must be stopped with its parking brake engaged.
Source Volume Level: The output level (0-11) of each source can be individually adjusted. For example, if the Tuner level sounds lower than Bluetooth, its output can be adjusted without affecting the other sources.
Touchscreen Control & Camera Inputs
6.95" Capacitive Touchscreen: The 6.95" capacitive touchscreen boasts a 800 x 480 resolution (1.15 million pixels) with a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The touchscreen monitor provides a balanced picture, not over-emphasizing dark or light areas, so album art, map screens, and videos are seen with greater clarity. The capacitive touchscreen requires less pressure, responds faster, and can recognize multiple touch points simultaneously; all advantages when compared to traditional resistive touchscreen displays.
- Swipe Operation: The new swipe control interface is designed for easy use so drivers can keep their eyes on the road. You can move your finger lightly with a swipe - up, down, left, or right. You can also touch a button or list item on the screen lightly for selection. You can even touch and hold the desired item, then drag it to its new location by moving your finger, then release your finger to place the item.
- Touch-Sensitive Buttons: Conveniently located touch-sensitive buttons (including Power/Menu, Source, Volume Up/Down, Mute, Phone/Answer, and Voice/Mic)s are accessible along the bottom edge of the 6.95" touchscreen monitor for quick access and simple control.
- Beep Guide: This function will give audible feedback with varying tones depending upon the button pressed. This feature can be turned On or Off.
Note: For safety and legal reasons, the i407-WRA-JL features a video lock-out feature to prevent the driver from viewing a video source while the vehicle is in motion. To watch a video source, the vehicle must be stopped with the parking brake engaged and the ignition in the ACC or ON position. This also includes advanced setup menus. CarPlay & Android Auto do not require the Parking Brake to be engaged.
Customizable Screen: You can customize the Alpine i407-WRA-JL's touchscreen monitor exactly the way you want it.
- Home Screen & Widgets: Use the capacitive touchscreen to move an icon using drag-and-drop motions with your finger. With over 29 available widgets, you can prioritize your 3 home screens so you can quickly find the apps you want. While driving, choose from widgets like Clock, USB images, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Now Playing, Sources, Camera, and Bluetooth functions.
- Wallpaper & Backgrounds: You can change the wallpaper of the display screen from 4 different colored default images (Amber, Blue, Green, Red). You can even add a customizable wallpaper from your photos through a thumbdrive.
- Brightness Control: You can adjust the brightness of the LCD backlight from -15 to +15 and the brightness of the button illumination from -2 to +2. You can then select one of the following modes for both the LCD's backlight and button illumination - Auto (adjusts the brightness of the background illumination based on the ambient light in your vehicle), On (keeps the background illumination of the monitor dark), or Off (keeps the background illumination of the monitor bright).
- Clock Display: The i407-WRA-JL lets you select between a 12 hour or 24 hour clock. The clock is displayed on each source screen and turns off when the head unit is powered down.
Dual Camera Inputs: The Alpine i407-WRA-JL is equipped with two camera inputs consisting of a composite video jack. There is one rear-view camera input and one front-view camera input. If a rear-view camera is connected, you should also connect the unit's reverse lead wire (Orange/white) to your vehicle's back-up lamp circuit. When properly connected, the image from the rear-view camera automatically appears on the monitor when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.75 seconds.
- Guidelines: The rear-view camera function also provides on-screen color-coded guidelines to assist you when backing up your vehicle into a parking space.
- Visual Adjust: Visual Adjust lets you can change the picture quality (Brightness, Color, Contrast) for the connected cameras.
- Backup Mute: When the Backup Mute features is activated, the receiver's sound will be muted automatically when your vehicle's gear lever is moved to the reverse position.
Note: The camera feature is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on cameras when driving. In addition to using your cameras, always look around you to make sure everything is clear while driving your vehicle.
The Alpine Restyle i407-WRA-JL replaces these items
- splash-proof and dust-proof touchscreen and bezel (IP53-rated)
- works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
2 questions already asked