About the Alpine KTA-30FW Tough Power Pack
Single brick size, hits you like a ton
Single brick size, hits you like a ton
Need more power for your speakers but don't have space for a big amp? Alpine's KTA-30FW Tough Power Pack amplifier can put out 75 watts RMS to each of your vehicle's four speakers. The amp's compact, weather-resistant chassis and waterproof connector make it a great solution when you need 4-channel amplification in your side-by-side, UTV, boat, motorcycle, Jeep, or convertible where contact with water and dirt become issues. And I'm not kidding when I say this amp is small — with about a 9"x4" footprint, it'll fit just about anywhere.
The KTA-30FW uses Alpine's Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) technology to deliver a quick energy boost when needed, virtually doubling the amplifier's output power on musical peaks. The gain and crossover controls sit protected behind a water-tight panel, so even a sudden downpour won't spoil the fun.
- compact 4-channel amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 or 4 ohms
- 150 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA 2006 compliant
- Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) technology adds a burst of power when needed
- weather-resistant (IP66 rated) chassis and waterproof connector
- high- and low-pass filters (50-400 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- selectable 2- or 4-channel input
- fuse: 25A
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 9-3/16"W x 1-5/8"H x 3-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KTA-30FW
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 14" Power/signal harness (26-pin connector on one end and bare wires + RCAs on other end)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (Length 3/4")
- Connection sheet
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Thank you letter
More details on the Alpine KTA-30FW Tough Power Pack
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||150 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||75 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||15-36k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||82 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-400 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-400 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Alpine KTA-30FW is a super-compact, weather-resistant power pack to give you higher power output and better dynamic range for open-air vehicles, such as ATVs, side-by-sides, motorcycles, and boats. This Class D amplifier can be used with factory head units or aftermarket sound systems. The KTA-30FW comes with a single harness with all of the power, input, and output connections, terminated with a water-resistant 26-pin connector.
Dynamic Peak Power (DPP): The KTA-30FW is equipped with a new dynamic power supply design that provides a burst of power when needed. Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) technology increases the internal gain level when more power is needed, effectively doubling the output power to give you better dynamic range at high volume.
Power Output: The KTA-30FW has the following power output specifications:
- CTA-2006-B Power Spec: 75 watts RMS x 4 (at 2 ohms and 4 ohms, 14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
- Dynamic Peak Power Spec: 150 watts x 4 (at 2 ohms and 4 ohms, 14.4V, ≤ 1% THD+N)
Weather Resistant: The power pack is ideal for side-by-sides, boats, motorcycles, and other vehicles that may be exposed to the elements. The KTA-30FW has an IP66 weather-resistance rating for protection against moisture and dust.
Connections: The weather-resistant OEM-grade Tyco 26-pin connector is for all needed amp connections, including the following:
- Power/Ground: The connector has 12" 10-gauge power (red) and ground (black) pigtails. The red power wire has a large, in-line noise filter. There is no internal or in-line fuse, so you'll need to add a 30A fuse near the battery's positive (+) terminal.
- Remote Turn-on: There are two remote leads on the connector. Connect the blue/white Remote Turn-on lead to the +12V remote turn-on or power antenna lead from the head unit. The solid blue Remote Out lead can be used to turn on additional amplifiers. If your head unit does not have an amplifier turn-on lead, see Alternate Turn-on Options (below).
- Inputs: The amplifier will accept either line-level or speaker-level inputs. The amp's input wires are color-coded twisted pairs with female RCA jacks. If your source unit has RCA outputs, you can simply connect RCA cables to the amp. If the source unit does not have RCA outputs, you can cut off the amp's RCA jacks and splice the source unit's speaker wires to the twisted pair inputs. (Color codes: Front left: white, Front right: gray, Rear left: green, Rear right: purple)
- Speaker Outputs: The connector has speaker output wires for four speakers. These 20-gauge speaker wires follow the same color coding as the input wires (see above).
Alternate Turn-on Options: If the source unit does not have a traditional amplifier turn-on lead, or if the power antenna lead is activated only when the radio is on, there are two options for turning on the amp:
- Switched Power Source: The remote turn-on lead of the amplifier can be connected to a switched power source (ignition) in the vehicle. A 3A fuse should be installed close to the ignition tap. The amplifier will stay on as long as the ignition switch is on.
- Separate Switch: A SPST (single-pole, single-throw) switch can be installed on the amplifier's turn-on lead. Again, a 3A fuse should be added near the power source. The switch should be placed where it is accessible by the driver. The switch will need to be turned off when the vehicle is not running to avoid running the battery down.
Controls: Hidden beneath a water-resistant panel, the KTA-30FW's controls include the following:
- Input Signal: The amplifier will accept line-level or speaker-level input signals. You can indicate the type of signal being used via this 2-way switch (RCA or SPK)
- Input Configuration: You can connect the source unit with four channel or two channel inputs. If connecting four input channels, the 2-way switch should be set to 4CH. If connecting two input channels, or bridging the amp, the switch should be set to 2CH.
- Input Gain: There are independent rotary gain controls for CH1/2 and CH3/4. Each control has markings for Minimum (MIN), Maximum (MAX), and Nominal (NOM).
- Filter Mode: There are independent crossover controls for CH1/2 and CH3/4. You can set the crossover to High Pass (HP), Low Pass (LP), or Full Range (OFF), via the 3-way switch.
- Frequency: The filter cutoff frequencies can be independently set for CH1/2 and CH3/4. The rotary controls are continuously variable between 50Hz and 400Hz.
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 36kHz (+0, -3dB, 1 watt into 4 ohms)
- Input Sensitivity:
- RCA: 0.2V - 4V
- Speaker: 0.5V - 10V
- 10W into 2Ω: < 0.2%
- Rated Power into 2Ω: <0.1%
- 10W into 4Ω: <0.1%
- Rated Power into 4Ω: <0.1%
- S/N Ratio:
- 1W into 4Ω: ≤ 82dB
- Rated Power into 4Ω: > 98dB
5 questions already asked