About the Alpine KTA-450 Power Pack
Bump up the power
Bump up the power
If adding more power makes music sound better, Alpine's KTA-450 power pack will make a significant improvement in your system. This compact 4-channel amplifier puts out 50 watts RMS per channel from a tiny chassis that'll fit almost anywhere in your vehicle. KTA-450 uses Alpine's Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) technology to deliver a quick energy boost when needed, virtually doubling the amplifier's output power on musical peaks.
Here's a very cool idea from Alpine — the package includes a PowerStack bracket for mounting the amp in your dash behind Alpine's shallow chassis iLX-W650 digital multimedia receiver. The combined depth of receiver and amp is still less than 5", so it'll fit in a wide variety of vehicles. The receiver and amp together make a feature-filled and powerful sound system that you'll enjoy for many miles.
Installation Notes: This power pack will not work in systems with a factory amplifier. Wiring and fuse are not included — 12-gauge power and ground wires and a 20A inline fuse at the battery are required.
PowerStack bracket with KTA-450
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (45 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 100 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) technology adds a burst of power when needed
- selectable high-pass filters (60, 80, 120 Hz at 12 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- selectable 2- or 4-channel input
- PowerStack bracket included for mounting amp behind Alpine iLX-W650 digital multimedia receiver (#500ILXW650)
- wiring, hardware, and fuse not included with amplifier
- 12-gauge power and ground leads and a 20A fuse recommended
- dimensions: 7"W x 1-3/8"H x 3-9/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KTA-450
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- 12" Input/Output/Power harness
- 1 Head unit (iLX-W650) mounting bracket
- 2 Universal mounting brackets
- Four M5x6mm Allen head machine screws (3mm)
- Two M2.6x8mm Machine screws
- Four 3/8" Screws
- Four 7" Zip Ties
- Owner's Manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
More details on the Alpine KTA-450 Power Pack
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
50 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||45 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||100 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||15-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||82 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||Off, 60, 80, 120Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Alpine KTP-450 is a Power Pack series amplifier, meaning it's small, and can often be mounted in close proximity to the head unit.
Note: This high-powered amp won't work in systems where an outboard factory amplifier is active. If the vehicle has a factory amplifier, the factory amp must be completely bypassed (this may result in lost speaker channels, if factory amp has more than 4 channels).
Mounting: Two types of mounting brackets are included with the amp, plus four zip ties. The first mounting bracket is designed to mount the amp to the back of Alpine's iLX-W650 digital media receiver. The iLX-W650 is just over 2¾" deep by itself, so even with the added depth of the amp (totaling just over 5"), the combination fits in almost any dash with a Double DIN opening. The bracket also leaves a gap of approximately ¾" between the amp and head unit, so most of the wiring can be routed to that space. The second option is a pair of universal brackets that bolt to the ends of the amp, and provide a mounting flange with four screw holes. The chassis of the amp also has four tabs, through which the included zip ties can be looped to attach the amp behind the dash.
CTA-2006 Compliant: CTA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring amplifier power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers), with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4 ohms. CTA-2006 standards allow consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers under the same conditions (apples to apples).
- Power Output: 50 watts RMS x 4 into 4Ω
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 82 dBA (measured at 1 watt into 4Ω)
- Power Output:
- 2Ω: 45 watts RMS x 4 (14.4 volts, ≤1.0% THD+N)
- Bridged: 100 watts RMS x 2 (4Ω minimum)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95 dB (at rated power output into 4Ω)
- THD+N: <0.1% (at rated power into 4Ω or 2Ω)
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz to 50 kHz (+0/-3 dB)
Controls: There are DIP switches on the amp to set input signal type, output configuration, and independent controls for the front and rear channel gain and crossovers:
- Gain: two rotary controls; adjustable from 152mV to 2.8 volts line level and 330mV to 6.05 volts speaker level
- High Pass Crossover: select 60Hz, 80Hz, 120Hz, or Off (full range)
- Input Type: set to RCA (line level) or speaker level
- Amp Configuration: 4-channel or 2-channel (bridged)
Harness: All the wiring for power, input, and output is in one harness. The wires in the harness are one foot long and it plugs into a recessed area on the amp, with openings on the side and bottom, so the wires can be routed in either direction.
Power/Ground: The power and ground wires in the harness are 14-gauge. (Actually each has two 16-gauge wires from the harness, merged to a single 14-gauge wire.) The power wire should be extended and connected directly to the battery, using an in-line 20-amp fuse near the battery terminal.
Note: Neither the amp nor the harness has a fuse, so using an in-line fuse at the battery is absolutely necessary.
Signal Inputs: There are four male RCA plugs on the included harness for line level inputs. If your source unit has no line level outputs, the RCA plugs can be cut off and a speaker level signal wired directly to the discrete positive and negative wires. (You can also use optional Speaker Wire to RCA adapters.)
Note: You will need to connect the amplifier's remote turn-on lead wire (blue/white) to your source unit's remote turn-on lead when using a line level (RCA) input. The amp has a remote sensing feature, so the remote turn-on connection is not necessary when using a speaker level input.
Speaker Output: The harness has unterminated wires for the four speaker outputs.
Dimensions: Because two types of brackets are included, the amp has multiple possible dimensions:
- Chassis Only:
- Width: 7.0"
- Height: 1.33"
- Depth: 3.56"
- With Universal Brackets:
- Width: 7.8" (includes mounting flange)
- Height: 1.56"
- Depth: 3.56"
- With Head Unit Bracket: for mounting
to the back of the Alpine iLX-W650
- Width: 7.0"
- Height: 3.56"
- Depth: 2.23"
The Alpine KTA-450 Power Pack replaces these items
30 questions already asked