About the Alpine KTX-100EQ
Use the KTX-100EQ sound tuning kit to tailor the audio settings in your Alpine CDA-9887 CD receiver to best match your vehicle's interior. Connect the included microphone and place it in your preferred listening position in the vehicle the KTX-100EQ uses impressive automatic sound tuning to take the guesswork out of setting up your system.
IMPRINT sound tuning technology
Load the supplied software onto your laptop PC, connect it to the KTX-100EQ via the included USB cable, and you're ready to adjust your system. Let the computer set the adjustments, or use the software to do it manually. You'll find a built-in 3-band parametric equalizer, manual crossover controls, and manual time-correction controls as well.
Once you have the sound tweaked to your liking, your Alpine stereo stores the settings in its flash memory. Even if you disconnect the car battery, the sound settings are preserved until you use the IMPRINT kit to change them.
Use it once and send it back
Making sound adjustments with the IMPRINT is a one-time process, so there's no need for you to keep the KTX-100EQ kit after you've used it. Normally, this kit is sold only to dealers, but Crutchfield wants to make this special offer to all you car audio "do-it-yourselfers" out there:
Use the sound tuning kit and then return in to us within 30 days. We'll refund the purchase price, minus a $50 re-stocking fee that's less than you'd pay a dealer to adjust the sound for you. On the other hand, if you decide not to use the kit, return it to us with the software unopened and we'll refund the full purchase price.
What if you get a new car?
Just give us a call if you move your Alpine stereo to a new car. You've already paid to use the KTX-100EQ kit once, so we'll send it to you again free of charge so you can make adjustments for your new vehicle. As before, just return it within 30 days.
From the review
The ultimate in system tuning
"While I thought my system already sounded great, this easy, D.I.Y.-friendly process showed me that I was listening to a muddy mess in comparison to how a properly EQ'd car stereo should sound, and it fixed it for me. It's astounding to me that, without changing any equipment, an upgrade of this magnitude can be achieved.. I'm truly blown away and want to share this discovery with as many people as possible. This kind of sophisticated real-time analysis could help even the modest gear to perform much, much better."
Michael, Crutchfield A/V Editor
- IMPRINT sound processor for use with the Alpine CDA-9887 CD receiver to create the perfect listening space in your car
- rental kit minimizes your expense use it, then return it for a full refund minus a $50 restocking fee
- automatic or manually adjustable 3-band parametric EQ, high- and low-pass filters, and time correction
- included microphone lets the IMPRINT measure the acoustics in your vehicle
- sound settings are stored in your Alpine stereo's internal memory
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KTX-100EQ
What's in the box:
- Imprint Sound Manager module
- Audyssey microphone with attached 25' cable terminated by a gold-plated 3.5mm minijack
- 16.5' USB cable with a USB type-A connector on one end and a mini-USB type-B connector on other end
- 6.5' Connection cable with a proprietary connector on each end
- KTX-100EQ/CDA-9887 Setup Disc V.1.1
- Owner's Manual
- "Display Properties" note
- "Separate Amplifiers" note
More details on the Alpine KTX-100EQ
Overview: The Alpine KTX-100EQ IMPRINT Sound Manager is a calibration software kit designed for the exclusive use with the Alpine CDA-9887 CD headunit and includes the following - Interface Module Box, Proprietary Connection Cable, USB Cable, Setup Microphone and Setup CD-ROM. The software program available on the included CD-ROM, used in conjunction with the included interface box, cables, microphone, CDA-9887 headunit and your laptop PC all work together to automatically capture and measure sound responses from inside your vehicle. Four microphone positions are recommended. The software offers an advanced application to correct time/frequency problems using MultEQ, and achieves the optimal listening experience from every seat in your car.
Imprint Technology: IMPRINT technology automatically overcomes your vehicle's inherent acoustical challenges, and improves the sound stage, tonal balance, and definition. The system measures the entire listening area of your vehicle, capturing frequency and time domain information from each listening location inside your vehicle, and then applying a proprietary method for combining this information to represent all seat locations of your vehicle. This results in a maximized listening experience in all seats. It does all this by using the following techniques.
- Time And Frequency Alignment: It corrects both time and frequency problems simultaneously, resulting in improved sound stage and smoother, more natural sound.
- Dynamic Frequency Allocation: It uses dynamic frequency allocation to apply hundreds of points of correction to those areas where the sound problems are greatest. This results in better sound using less computing resources (MIPS) Millions of Instructions per Second than other systems.
- Low-Frequency Crossovers: It determines optimized blending points for low-frequency crossovers.
MultEQ: MultEQ, developed by Audyssey Labs, automatically corrects the audio for the listening environment inside your vehicle. The system is optimized for selected positions in the vehicle. Using MultEQ, the system can be tuned to match your taste, with the complete tuning process taking approximately 20 minutes. MultEQ along with the IMPRINT software and hardware captures frequency and time domain information from the vehicle's actual acoustical environment and quickly identifies any problems. It then creates a set of equalization filters to correct frequency response and time domain problems for each speaker in the vehicle. It also removes sound distortion caused by the specific acoustical problems in the vehicle by applying unique FIR filters, using more than 500 points along the frequency spectrum per channel. This optimizes the sound reproduction to the specific vehicle listening environment with much greater precision than has been achieved up until now using typical graphic or parametric equalization. The result is a more accurate, dimensional soundstage, and smoother, more natural sound optimized to match your vehicle.
Computer Requirements: The Alpine KTX-100EQ Imprint Sound Manager CD-ROM
software requires the following PC system environment - Microsoft Windows XP
(Service Pack-2 System),
Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 (If this application is not installed on your PC, the application is automatically installed with the software program.
Note: The measurement data cannot be stored on your PC hard disc but is memorized by the Alpine CDA-9887 headunit.
Interface Module: The Imprint Sound Manager interface module features the following connections.
- To MIC: This is a 3.5mm minijack output on the right side of the module used to connect the supplied Audyssey setup microphone.
- To HU: This is a proprietary port on the right side of the unit used to connect the supplied connection cable from the interface module to the Alpine CDA-9887 headunit.
- To PC: This is a mini-USB type-B port on the left side of the interface used to connect the supplied USB cable from the module to your laptop's USB type-A port.
Note: PC or laptop operation should be operated outside the vehicle during system calibration.
Setup Microphone: The Audyssey Setup Microphone features a non-skid padded base and a bottom-mount threaded tri-pod insert. The setup microphone also includes an attached 25' cord terminated by a gold-plated 3.5mm minijack. The microphone is placed inside the vehicle during calibration. It should be place in a vertical position at ear level according to the location required by the Imprint Sound Manager screen on your PC or laptop. A minimum of two measurement locations should be taken but four measurement locations are recommended. A maximum of six measurement locations are available. Six measurement locations will take approximately 40 minutes to complete.
Dimensions: Dimensions for the included interface module and setup microphone.
- Interface Module (with cables): Width = 5.969", Height = 0.715", Depth = 2.702"
- Setup Microphone: Width = 1.597", Height = 2.935", Depth = 1.597"