About the Alpine MRV-M1200
Alpine makes it a little easier to get great bass in your vehicle. Their V-Power Series MRV-M1200 mono subwoofer amplifier can send up to 1,200 watts RMS to a sub, guaranteeing some truly powerful performance on your drive.
A low-pass filter puts you in command of the frequencies directed to your sub, while a bass boost lets you apply plenty of low-end punch. The amp includes preamp- and speaker-level inputs, so you can install it in almost any vehicle, even one with a factory radio. If you're using the speaker-level inputs, the amp senses an incoming signal and turns itself on, eliminating the need to run a turn-on wire run back to your vehicle's receiver or fusebox.
If you're a tweaker, you'll appreciate the end-piece terminal covers that can be snapped in and out without the need for any tools. And you can control the volume of your MRV-M1200 from the front seat with the included RUX-KNOB wired remote controller.
Thermal protection without annoying shut-downs
The MRV-M1200 uses a thermal management processor to roll back the output a bit when the amp threatens to overheat from playing at its limits too long. Instead of shutting down completely, it continues playing your music, until it cools enough to return to full power.
- mono subwoofer car amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1200 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (50-400 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- Remote Sensing automatic turn-on when using speaker-level inputs
- RUX-KNOB wired remote level control included
- fuse rating: 25A x 4
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-3/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 8-5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MRV-M1200
What's in the box:
- Mono bloc amplifier
- Four 25A ATO fuses (installed)
- 8.5" Speaker-level input harness
- 2 Snap-on terminal covers
- Four 3/4" self-tapping screws
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- RUX-KNOB remote bass level control
- 16' Connection cable (with a RJ-25 connector on each end)
- 4 Mounting screws (for RUX-KNOB)
- Owner's Manual
- Important Tip
- Verification Certificate
- Limited Warranty
- Thank you letter
More details on the Alpine MRV-M1200
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
600 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1200 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||7-400 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-400 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
CEA-2006 Compliant: CEA-2006 is a system of testing and measurement methods for mobile audio amplifiers. This voluntary standard advocates a uniform method for measuring an amplifier's RMS power output and signal-to-noise ratio. The criteria for measuring power uses a DC input voltage of 14.4 volts and the RMS power output is measured with 1% or less Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise (THD+N) over a frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz (for full range amplifiers). Signal-to-Noise ratio is measured in weighted absolute decibels (dBA) at a reference of 1 watt into 4Ω. CEA-2006 allows consumers to compare car amplifiers and receivers on an equal basis. Using CEA-2006 criteria, the Alpine MRV-M1200 is rated as follows:
- Power Output:
- 4Ω: 600 watts x 1-channel (<1% THD+N)
- 2Ω: 1200 watts x 1-channel (<1% THD+N)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dBA (105 dB at rated power)
Speaker Level Input: A speaker level input harness is included, making it easier to add the amplifier to a factory radio or to a receiver with no preamp outputs. The 8-pin harness has inputs for front and rear speakers. While only two speaker inputs are necessary, wiring all four will minimize the fader's effect on the subwoofer output.
Auto Turn-on: If using the speaker level input, an automatic circuit turns the amplifier on when it senses an input signal.
Low Pass Filter: The amp is equipped with a 50-400Hz variable low-pass filter with a slope of 24 dB/octave. Because this is a mono subwoofer amp, the crossover is always engaged.
Bass EQ: The Bass EQ circuit provides a variable boost (0 to +12dB) at 50 Hz.
Wired Remote: An RJ-25 jack is provided for connecting the supplied RUX-KNOB remote bass level control. The RUX-KNOB comes with a 5-meter (16') connection cable, and hardware for mounting the remote module.
- Battery: set screw terminal; accepts up to 4 gauge wire. A fuse holder with a 100A fuse, or a 100A circuit breaker should be installed 18" or less from the positive battery terminal.
- Remote: set screw terminal; accepts up to 8 gauge wire
- GND (ground): set screw terminal; accepts up to 4 gauge wire
- Speaker Output: set screw terminals; accept up to 8 gauge wire
- Line Inputs: 1 pair of stereo RCA jacks
- Line Output: left and right channel RCA output jacks to daisy-chain another amplifier without having to run an additional set of cables; the output is not affected by the MRV-M1200's internal crossover (Output is rated at 4.0V Max)
- Speaker Level Input: Molex plug input for supplied 8-pin harness
- Wired Remote: RJ-25 jack for RUX-KNOB wired remote
Note: Alpine recommends 4 gauge power and ground wire (minimum).
- Power Requirements: 14.4 V DC (11-16V allowable)
- Input Impedance: >10k ohms
- THD+N (10W into 4 ohms): ≤ 0.02%
- THD+N (10W into 2 ohms): ≤ 0.03%
- THD+N (Rated power into 4 ohms): ≤ 0.2%
- THD+N (Rated power into 2 ohms): ≤ 0.3%
- Remote Level: -20 to 0dB
The Alpine MRV-M1200 replaces these items
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked