About the Alpine PWE-S8-WRA
Bass for your Wrangler
Bass for your Wrangler
Whether you're on- or off-road, there's one thing that's missing from your Wrangler Unlimited: deep, accurate bass. Alpine's PWE-S8-WRA compact powered subwoofer installs neatly under your driver's seat so you can add bass without losing any space.
The PWE-S8-WRA features an 8" sub powered by a built-in 120-watt amplifier, all housed in a compact enclosure which mounts under your seat with the included brackets. The package also includes plug-and-play wiring harnesses to connect this Alpine sub to the Wrangler's factory or aftermarket radio.
You can adjust phase, gain, and the low-pass crossover to tailor the bass to your tastes. You can mount the sub's wired remote on your dash, so you can make easy level adjustments from the driver's seat.
The cast-aluminum enclosure protects the sub and amp from rough on- and off-road conditions. It'll stand up to a thumping and keep on bumping. (Note: this sub only works with Wrangler Unlimited models without a factory sub.)
- powered subwoofer with cast aluminum enclosure
- 8" woofer high-excursion cone
- built-in Class D amplifier (120 watts RMS/240 watts peak)
- designed for 4-door Wrangler Unlimited models without factory subs
- frequency response: 32-150 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover (80-200 Hz)
- variable phase control (0-180 degrees)
- dimensions: 13-1/2"W x 9"H x 3"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PWE-S8-WRA
What's in the box:
- Amplified enclosure with one 8" subwoofer installed
- 80" Wiring harness (Power/ Ground/ Speaker level input)
- Wrangler radio T-Harness (with in-line fuseholder)
- Two 15 amp ATO fuses (one installed in the power wire fuse holder/ 1 spare)
- Remote level control with 15' cable attached (3.5mm mini-plug on the end)
- Adhesive backed hook and loop mounting fasteners (to mount the remote)
- 2 Wrangler mounting brackets
- Eight M4x10mm Machine screws (each with a flat washer and split lock washer)
- Four M6x10mm Machine screws
- Fifteen 7" Zip ties
- Installation instructions
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- System installation notice
More details on the Alpine PWE-S8-WRA
Installation: The PWE-S8-WRA mounts to the bottom of the driver's seat in select 2011 and later 4-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited models. The included T-Harness plugs in between the radio and factory harness, and supplies the subwoofer with power and speaker level input. The sub is grounded to a factory ground bolt in the floorboard.
Auto Turn-on: When using the included T-Harness to integrate into the factory speaker level signal, an automatic circuit turns the amplifier on when it senses an input signal.
Low Pass Filter: The amp has a built-in low-pass filter, variable from 50 to 150 Hz.
Wired Remote: Using the included wired remote you can easily adjust the bass output level from the driver's seat (or wherever you mount the remote). The range is 0 to -20 dB, relative to the gain setting on the subwoofer chassis.
- Gain: rotary control; 1.5-30 volts speaker level
- Low Pass Filter: rotary control; 50-150 Hz
- Phase: two position switch; 0° or 180°
- Harness: the included 80" harness contains power (+12 volts), ground (ground lead is 24" long with a ring terminal), and speaker level inputs (left and right)
- Remote: 3.5mm mini-jack for use with the included wired remote
- Width: 9.062" (10.982" including mounting brackets)
- Height: 2.875"
- Depth: 9.062"
- Panel removal tool
- #2 Phillips head screwdriver
- T30 Torx driver
- T45 Torx driver
- Ratchet extension
- 7mm Socket
- 10mm Socket
- 18mm Socket
- 9/32" Drill bit
13 questions already asked