About the Alpine PXE-0850X
Make your system sound spectacular
Make your system sound spectacular
Talk about a versatile upgrade, Alpine's PXE-0850X amplifier/processor will deliver high-fidelity sound to almost any car audio system, aftermarket or factory. The PXE-0850X can be used as a stand-alone sound processor, taking up to six inputs — from a factory system's high, midrange, and low frequency outputs for example — and providing twelve processed channels to feed your aftermarket amplifiers. The PXE-0850X can also serve as a factory system upgrade — an amplifier with twice the power of a typical factory stereo with onboard sound processing — sending 25 watts RMS each to eight different speakers.
You control the PXE-0850X's digital processing wirelessly with your compatible Bluetooth device or wired to a Windows-run PC via the supplied Bluetooth® adapter and USB cable. You can stream music as well as control the app from your compatible device without even needing a receiver. You download the free PXE-DSP-APP for iOS or Android device from the Apple APP or Google Play Store. The PXE-DSP-APP for Windows is available at Alpine.com.
The control app
Matrix mixing allows for summing and input/output signal management. Fully adjustable high-pass, low-pass, and bandpass filters on every channel match the sound to your speakers. The 31-band equalizers help achieve the perfect tone, allowing you to smooth out any hot spots or dips in the frequency response of your vehicle's interior. The delay feature lets you center the stereo image for your listening position.
Enhanced control of the balance and frequency response
Alpine updated and improved the control software and remote control of the older model PXE-0850S for the PXE-0850X. Instead of blasting door chimes and inaudible navigation instructions, for example, you can control the volume and balance of each source independently, for the best-sounding mix. A split-screen display for adjusting delay helps you dial in the perfect balance for your listening position. Another handy feature — the PXE-0850X processor can send out full-range sound to a multi-speaker system in a large vehicle like a bus or RV.
The PXE-0850X comes with a wired LCD remote controller so you can control volume, store and recall presets, and select between sources from the driver's seat.
Alpine's PXE-DSP-APP control screen shown on a laptop
- 8-channel car amplifier with digital signal processing
- 25 watts RMS x 8 at 4 ohms
- includes wired LCD remote control, Bluetooth adapter, and USB cable
- DSP adjustments and settings made via Bluetooth device, Windows PC via USB, or wired remote
- download PXE-DSP-APP for iOS or Android device from the Apple APP or Google Play Store
- download PXE-DSP-APP for Windows at Alpine.com
- inputs: 6 assignable preamp and speaker-level, optical and coax digital, USB
- outputs: 12 processed (RCA) and 8 powered speaker outputs
- 12-channel 32-bit 300 MHz digital processor
- 31-band EQ with fine tuning
- adjustable high-, low-, and band-pass filters (20-20 KHz)
- selectable filter slopes (12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48 dB/octave)
- selectable filter characteristics (Butterworth, Bessel, and Linkwitz-Riley)
- delay: 0-20 milliseconds (0-273")
- phase adjustment: 0 or 180°
- music and nav sound mixing
- full-range outputs available for larger systems
- remote dimensions: 3-1/2"W x 1-3/4"H x 3/4"D (1-11/16"D with knob)
- fuse rating: 20A x 1
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 8-5/16"W x 1-7/8"H x 9-1/2"D (including wiring)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PXE-0850X
What's in the box:
- 12-Channel signal processor/amplifier
- 16.5' USB 3.0 extension cable (Type A USB 3.0 connectors on each end) with 45" pigtail for connecting remote commander (4-pin barrel connector)
- Remote commander with 15" cable (4-pin barrel connector)
- External Bluetooth module with 6" cable (RJ-45 plug)
- 6" Power/ground/input harness
- One 20-amp ATO fuse (installed in fuse holder)
- Two 6" Speaker output harnesses
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Four 3/4" screws
- Ten 1/4" machine screws
- 2 Installation manuals (English & French)
- Warranty information
- Default Pre-Out Settings chart
- Product registration card (Eng/Span/Fren)
More details on the Alpine PXE-0850X
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
25 x 8 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||4|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||20-20 KHz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||20-20 KHz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Alpine PXE-0850X 12-Channel Advanced Wireless Digital Sound Processor lets you customize your vehicle's sound system for the best sound quality and sound staging. The processor can be used with a factory system, or with and Alpine or other brand of head unit. With 31 bands of independent equalization per channel and multiple crossovers, the processor can help you dial in the sound that's right for your vehicle. It has 6-channels of high- or low-level input from your factory or aftermarket head unit, with 8 speaker outputs and 12 preamp outputs. The PXE-0850X can connect to a Windows PC via USB, a Bluetooth-connected smartphone, or the included Remote Commander for making your adjustments. The processor comes with a power/ground/speaker input harness, two speaker output harnesses, and a USB 3.0 interface cable.
Note: The PXE-0850X requires a 10 AWG amplifier wiring kit which must be purchased separately.
Construction: The PXE-0850X is equipped with a Texas Instruments 32-bit DSP with 300MHz floating point processor, and a TI 24-bit premium A/D and D/A converter. The unit lets you take up to six independent signals (low, mids, and highs per side, for example) and combine them into a full range signal. This full range signal can be sent to up to 12 independent channels (8 amplified) for an extremely versatile system.
Inputs: The processor features six channels of speaker-level inputs on the included harness and 3 pairs of RCA line level inputs on the unit. The PXE-0850X has both optical (Toslink) and coaxial (RCA) S/PDIF digital inputs to play music from an in-vehicle CD or DVD. It also includes a Bluetooth audio module that plugs into the processor/amplifier via a 6" cable terminated in an RJ-45 connector. This lets you stream music from a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet, with or without a connected headunit.
Outputs: The PXE-0850X has 25 watts RMS output per channel x 8 channels for powering multiple pairs of speakers. It also has 12 channels of preamp level outputs. The signal of the speaker outputs mirror the first 8 RCA output channels.
User Interface Options: The Alpine PXE-0850X Digital Sound Processor can be controlled in three different ways:
- Mobile Phone App: The Alpine PXE-0850X DSP application, available at the Apple App and Google Play Stores, lets you control the processor from your smartphone or tablet. The smart device connects via Bluetooth through the included External Bluetooth interface. The PXE-0850X DSP app allows you to adjust the Master Volume, Switch the Output Channels to adjust, Set the EQ curve, Q-value, and Frequency Tuning, Set the Crossovers, Set the Delay, and Set the Audio Output Mixing. The app is compatible with Apple devices running iOS 8.0 or later, and Android devices with version 4.0 and up.
- PC Software: You can connect a PC to the processor via the included USB 3.0 cable. The functions of the PC software are the same as the Mobile Phone app, although the graphic displays on the PC are much more detailed and let you view all 31-bands of EQ in a single graph. The PC software runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- Wired Controller: The included Remote Commander has limited control via its large rotary control and 1-3/8" display. The Remote Commander can adjust the Master Volume, switch the audio input source (S/PDIF, Hi-Level, Phone (Bluetooth), Aux (low level)), and set and recall the Preset Sound Effects. Further detailed settings must be made through the Mobile Phone App or PC Software.
Equalization: The PXE-0850X features 31-bands of independent equalization per channel, with both parametric and graphic EQs. In the Parametric EQ, you can adjust the frequencies between 20Hz and 20kHz. In the Graphic EQ, the frequency bands are set 1/3-octave intervals at 20, 25, 32, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200, 250, 315, 400, 500, 630, 800, 1000, 1250, 1600, 2000, 2500, 3150, 4000, 5000, 6300, 8000, 10000, 12500, 16000, and 20000 Hz. The slope (or Q value) is adjustable between 0.404 and 28.85 in 0.01 increments. The gain of each band can be increased or decreased by up to 12dB in 0.1dB increments.
Crossovers: Each output is equipped with independent high- and low-pass filters. Bandpass filters can also be configured. For each channel, you can select the type of filter - Butterworth, Linkwitz-Riley, or Bessel. Crossover points are fully adjustable from 20Hz to 20kHz in 1Hz increments. You can choose from the following crossover slopes: 12dB, 18dB, 24dB, 30dB, 36dB, 42dB, or 48dB per octave.
Time Correction/Phase: The PXE-0850X can apply a wide degree of time correction to each of the 12 channels of output: Left and right front (low, mid, tweeter), Center, Left and right rear (mid, tweeter), and Subwoofer. You can choose the amount of delay in milliseconds (0.000 to 20), centimeters (0.00 to 692 cm) or inches (0.00 to 273"). The phase of each output can be set to positive (0°) or inverted (180°).
Presets: After you have set the EQ frequency, Q-value, and gain data, delay, channel, and phase position settings to your liking, you can save them to one of up to six different sound presets. This allows you to make different sound settings for each input type or music genre.
Saving Settings: The PXE-0850X lets you save and store your vehicle's tuning files directly to your smartphone or hard drive. The versatile file system can be shared via a text message, email, or stored on a flash drive for recalling at a later time.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: ≥110dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: ≥100dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: ≤0.05%
- Input Impedance: Low-level Input: 20kΩ; High-level Input: 330Ω
- Low-level Output Impedance: 51Ω
- Scope of Signal Input and Output: RCA Input: 7.5Vpp; High-level Input: 24Vpp; RCA Output: 7.5Vpp
- Power Source: DC 9V-15V
- Standby Power Consumption: ≤0.1W
- Output Signal Gain Range: Mute, -59.9dB to 0dB
- Dimensions: Width = 8.28", Height = 1.84", Depth = 7.40"/9.46" (including wiring)
- Wired Controller Dimensions: Width = 3.64", Height = 1.90", Depth = 1.26" (1.63" including knob)
- Bluetooth Module Dimensions: Width = 3.95" (including cord), Height = 1.64", Depth = 0.59"
- Weight: 3 lbs. 12 oz.
The Alpine PXE-0850X replaces these items
- 6 assignable inputs, 12 processed preamp outputs
- Alpine PXE-DSP-APP via USB (for Windows), Bluetooth (for iOS and Android devices)
- time alignment, crossover filters, 31-band EQ, and more
5 questions already asked