About the Alpine SPT-31GM
Alpine takes your GM truck seriously
Alpine takes your GM truck seriously
How great would it be if someone took the guesswork out of installation and offered a top-notch speaker system perfectly suited for your GM truck? Well, Alpine's done it. Their phenomenal Restyle line, which started with custom-fit navigation receivers, now includes speaker packages. Upgrading the audio in your GM truck just got a heck of a lot simpler.
Alpine's SPT-31GM speaker system gives you a powerful 3-way component system, featuring two 8" polypropylene woofers for a hefty bass, 3" polypropylene drivers for more articulate midrange, and 1" silk dome tweeters with built-in crossover systems for cleaner highs. With power handling up to 90 watts RMS, this system will really rock whether you're powering it with a factory radio, an aftermarket car stereo, or an outboard amplifier. Alpine also includes a pair of 6-1/2" coaxial speakers for your truck's rear factory locations.
Blend it in
Alpine designed the Restyle line for drivers who want to improve their sound while maintaining the factory look of their vehicle. The SPT-31GM speaker system upholds this approach by giving you streamlined tweeter housings that match the style of your GM interior. Mounting brackets are also included for fitting the system's woofers into the factory speaker locations and using the factory grilles. Once the SPT-31GM system goes in, you won't even know it's there... until you crank up the volume.
- custom-designed audio package for select GM trucks
- package includes:
- two 8" component polypropylene woofers
- two 3" midrange drivers
- two 1" silk dome tweeters
- two 6-1/2" full-range polypropylene-mica speakers for the rear
- includes custom tweeter housings, woofer installation brackets, and connectors
- in-line high-pass crossover networks built into component tweeters
- front speaker power range: 2-90 watts RMS (270 watts peak power)
- rear speaker power range: 2-80 watts RMS (240 watts peak power)
- front frequency range: 58-22,000 Hz
- rear frequency range: 70-22,000 Hz
- replaces front and rear speakers
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPT-31GM
What's in the box:
- This package contains nine individually boxed Alpine items along with an installation guide and warranty information:
- SPT-80W Front door woofers:
- Two 8" woofers
- Two 26" foam gasket strips w/adhesive backing
- SPT-30M Dash mid-drivers:
- Two 3" mid-range drivers
- SPT-10T Dash tweeters:
- Two 1" dome tweeters with 30" of attached wire
- SPT-70 Rear door speakers:
- Two 6-1/2" coaxial speakers
- Eight 1-1/8" Phillips-head screws
- ALP-31GM-NW Crossover set:
- Two mid/tweeter crossovers (pre-attached to each other) w/attached input and output wires
- Two woofer crossovers w/attached input and output wires
- ALP-31GM-WBKT Door woofer brackets:
- Two speaker brackets
- Eight 1" Phillips-head screws
- ALP-31GM-POD Tweeter pods:
- 2 Tweeter pod assemblies
- 1 Tweeter pod template
- Ten 3/8" Phillips-head screws
- Ten flat-washers
- ALP-31GM-MBRKT Midrange dash bracket:
- 2 Midrange speaker adapters
- Eight 1/2" Phillips-head screws
- ALP-31GM-SB-SP Speaker installation accessory kit:
- 2 Rear speaker mounting brackets
- 6 Speaker adapter harnesses
- Ten 7" wire-ties
Alpine SPT-31GM reviews
I love the sound of my new Speakers. I would turn up my factory speakers and think ok lets keep em turned down they sound like crap if they get to loud but, with my new Alpine SPT-31GM speakers I turn it up and it feels amazing to hear good clear sound. These speakers were definitely worth the money and I would recommend the speaker restyle to anyone. I installed them myself and went right in without any problems.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Great system sounds great ... Looks even better.
Pros: Sounds great
Cons: Install takes awhile.
5 of 6 found this helpful
More details on the Alpine SPT-31GM
Features & specs
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||80|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||240|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||---|
Overview: Part of Alpine's Restyle speaker line, the SPT-31GM speaker upgrade kit is designed for select 2014 and up Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra trucks (Double Cab and Crew Cab models only, not compatible with factory Bose systems). The upgrade kit includes 6-1/2" coaxial speakers for the rear doors, 8" woofers for the front doors, along with 3" midranges and 1" tweeters for the dash location. The SPT-31GM speaker system can handle up to 80 watts RMS and 240 watts peak power, and includes all necessary mounting hardware.
Door Woofers: Included for the front doors are a pair of Alpine SPT-80W woofers that are part of the 3-way speaker system for the front of the vehicle, providing punchy solid bass. Wiring adapter harnesses, for adapting into the factory wiring, are provided along with inline low-pass crossovers. Mounting brackets and hardware are included for installation.
Dash Midrange/Tweeters: The SPT-31GM speaker kit includes a pair of SPT-30M 3" midrange drivers and SPT-10T 1" silk dome tweeters for the dash location. The included ALP-31GM-POD tweeter pods are designed to relocate the new tweeters from the "A" pillars to the dash, as well as provide a new speaker grill for the mid-drivers, which re-use the factory location. The tweeter pod's shape and mounting location are optimized for the best sound imaging and clarity. A template is included for installing the tweeter pods on top of the factory mid-speaker grills. Note: Drilling and cutting the factory grill is required for installation! Crossovers, for both the mid-drivers and tweeters, are provided along with speaker wiring harnesses that adapt directly into the factory wiring.
Rear Doors: A pair of SPT-70 2-way speakers are provided for the rear door location. These also include their own mounting brackets along with wiring harnesses to adapt directly to the factory wiring.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked