About the Alpine SPV-65X-WRA
Optimized for your Jeep
Optimized for your Jeep
Alpine digs Jeeps. In their endeavor to optimize the audio experience for fellow Jeep fans, Alpine has designed the weatherproof and extremely versatile SPV-65X-WRA 6-1/2" speaker system that allows you to configure the included woofers and tweeters separately or as coaxials, depending on where you need to install them. Included factory wiring harnesses will also make installation go smoother.
Alpine gives you several options for mounting the component 1" Teteron dome tweeters, including brackets to use your JK's tombstone-style locations if you have them. Inline crossovers make installation tidier as well.
If you have rear locations that don't make a component configuration feasible, use Alpine's included brackets to mount the tweeters onto the woofers in a coaxial design.
- designed to fit in select Jeep JK vehicles
- vehicle-specific component/coaxial speaker system
- two 6-1/2" woofers
- two 1" Teteron dome tweeter with inline crossover
- tweeters can be mounted separately or coaxially
- vehicle-specific installation gear and wiring adapters included
- handles up to 75 watts RMS (225 watts peak)
- frequency response: 65-22,000 Hz
- impedance: 4 ohms
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SPV-65X-WRA
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (with 5" wire attached)
- 2 Tweeter crossovers (in-line)
- 2 Polyfill sheets
- 2 Tweeter mounting plates
- 2 Bridge mount brackets
- 2 Bridge mount wire covers
- 2 Foam strips (0.25" x 0.625")
- 2 Alpine logo badges
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration information
- Important Notice sheet
- Installation instructions
- Specifications on box
More details on the Alpine SPV-65X-WRA
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||1" Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||88|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||70 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||75|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||225|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 5/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 7/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.45|
Overview: Alpine's SPV-65X-WRA component speakers are designed for 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited models (JK body style). They fit both the dash and soundbar locations, when factory equipped.
Note: In 2018 Jeep built two versions of the Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited, the JK (older body style) and the JL (new body style). These Alpine speakers fit the JK body; they do not fit the new JL body.
Wiring: The Alpine woofers have the same input plug as the Jeep factory woofers, so the factory harness is directly compatible. The Alpine tweeters plug into the outputs of the included in-line tweeter crossovers. The crossovers have two inputs (shorted together), one terminated with the 2007-2014 Jeep factory tweeter harness, the other terminated with the 2015-2018 Jeep factory tweeter harness. The woofers also have a 5" output wire labeled 2007-2014 models. This wire is only used when coaxially mounting the tweeters in the soundbar. (The tweeter mounts separately in the soundbar location of 2015-2018 models.) No cutting into the factory wiring is required.
Tweeter Level: The crossovers have two tweeter level output options, 0 dB (flat) and +3 dB. Connect the tweeter the the wire labeled with your preference.
Mounting: In both the dash and soundbar locations the Alpine woofers are direct replacements for the factory woofers; no modification or adapter bracket is necessary. The factory screws are used to mount the new woofers. Tweeter mounting varies based on Jeep model year and the mounting location:
- Dash: The Alpine tweeters snap into the factory "Tombstone" housing.
- Soundbar: The Alpine tweeters are mounted coaxially to the Alpine woofers, using the included bridge mount brackets.
- Dash: The Alpine tweeters snap into the included flush mount tweeter plates, and are mounted behind the factory grilles.
- Soundbar: The Alpine tweeters snap into the included flush mount tweeter plates, and are mounted behind the factory grilles.
16 questions already asked