About the PAC AmpPRO AP4-GM61 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface
Your amp will sound better than the factory system
Your amp will sound better than the factory system
You can make a less-than-ideal factory system actually sound premium by upgrading the weak factory amplifier with a more powerful aftermarket amp. PAC's AmpPRO interface consists of a module and a vehicle-specific T-harness that make the job much easier. Now, you can install an amplifier of your own without losing any of your vehicle's factory audio features like warning chimes, navigation prompts, and Bluetooth functions.
Simple to install
The package's T-harness plugs into the factory radio and vehicle harness. The small module fits behind the dash, converting your radio's speaker outputs into six preamp-level outputs ready for connection to your amp. The factory amplifier needs to be left connected in the vehicle. The factory radio controls, such as volume, balance, and fade, will work as before for your front and rear speakers. A separate wired remote level control lets you adjust the volume of the subwoofer channels from your front seat. The interface also provides an optical digital output for your high-end digital processors and amplifiers to handle.
An app for tweakers
After downloading the AmpPRO PC App and connecting to your Windows-run PC via USB, you can access the factory 3-band parametric equalizer (EQ) and customize the tone of your system to perfection. The app also lets you adjust chime volume, the system's minimum volume level, and update the product firmware when needed.
Important Note: This AmpPRO interface simplifies the installation of a car amplifier (not included). You'll also need to purchase anything required to install your new amp: an amp wiring kit, speaker wire (to replace factory wiring), and RCA cables.
Installation Note: If you plan on using your factory speaker wiring, PAC's APH-GM02 harness lets you tap into that wiring without having to cut any plugs. You'll need some extra speaker wire if you're locating your new amp away from the factory amp.
- amplifier integration module and T-harness
- add an aftermarket amplifier without removing factory amp
- works with select 2014-up GM vehicles with Bose sound system
- 6-channel RCA outputs (front, rear, subs)
- switchable 5- or 4-volt RMS output
- retains factory radio controls and audio features
- wired remote level control for sub channels
- remote turn-on lead for amplifiers
- AmpPRO PC App, available from PAC, lets you adjust minimum and chime volumes and 3-band EQ via your Windows-run PC
- optical digital output for high-end digital processors and amplifiers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AP4-GM61
What's in the box:
- Amplifier integration interface module
- 6' Rotary-knob cable
- Installation Instructions
More details on the PAC AmpPRO AP4-GM61 Aftermarket Amplifier Interface
Amplifier Integration Interface: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-GM61 simplifies the installation of aftermarket amplifiers in select 2014-up GM vehicles with Bose sound system and MOST50 infotainment system. With the AmpPRO AP4-GM61, you can improve your vehicle's audio performance while keeping an original radio's fit, finish, and features.
- The factory radio and factory amplifier must remain connected in the vehicle and be operational in order to use the PAC AmpPRO interface.
- If you are only using the PAC AmpPRO interface to add a subwoofer amplifier, the factory amplifier will still power the other speakers in the vehicle.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-GM61 can be used in the following 2014-up GM vehicles equipped with a factory amplified Bose sound system and MOST50 infotainment system.
|Impala||2014-2016 (Non-Classic) |
|Malibu||2016 (Non-Classic) |
Note: Your vehicle must have Infotainment system RPO code IO5 or IO6 to be compatible. To verify the "IO" RPO code on your vehicle, check the glove compartment for a silver sticker with these codes. If this sticker is not present, you must scan the QR code on the GM label found in the driver's door jamb. The RPO codes will be listed in alphabetical order in either scenario.
6Ch Pre-Outs: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-GM61 provides a 6-channel pre-amp output for use with aftermarket amplifiers. Using the full-range, fixed level factory radio output, in conjunction with data-bus CAN messages, the AP4-GM61 delivers a variable 5V RMS pre-amp output with fading, balance, equalization, and level control capabilities. Pre-outs include Left/Right Front, Left/Right Rear, Center, and Subwoofer.
Non-Fading Level Control Knob: Channel 6 (Sub) of the AP4-GM61 is a non-fading output. The output level of channel 6 can be controlled using the supplied level control knob. The level control knob comes with a 6' cable which plugs into the interface module and should be mounted in an accessible location. If the level control knob is not connected, the Subwoofer channel's output volume will always be at maximum.
Note: If running the Subwoofer output to an amplifier requiring 2 channels of input, an RCA "Y" adapter will be required (sold separately).
Data Controlled Remote Turn-On: A data controlled remote amplifier turn on wire is also provided by the PAC AmpPRO AP4-GM61. The remote turn-on is rated at 2A of current. If more current is needed an external relay must be used.
Retained Factory Audio Features: The PAC AmpPRO AP4-GM61 also retains all audio from other vehicle features such as factory navigation prompts, Bluetooth, OnStar, parking sensor chimes, safety alerts, reminders and infotainment.
Minimum Volume: If the minimum volume of your factory radio is too loud once the AP4-GM61 is installed, you can manually set the level of the minimum volume using either the programming button on the side of the interface or the factory SWC (Steering Wheel Controls) in conjunction with the supplied level control knob. You can also use AmpPRO PC app.
AmpPRO PC App: Using the AmpPRO PC App (for Windows PC only) allows you to configure user interface options such as Minimum Volume Level and a 3-Band EQ from your Windows computer or laptop. The app can also be used to update product firmware.
- Minimum Volume Level: From the app you can set the minimum volume level of the factory radio.
- 3-Band EQ: Enables the 3-band EQ (Bass-Mid-Treble) with frequency and Q-factory adjustment. The Bass Frequency can be set to 60, 80, 100, or 120Hz; while the Bass Q-Factor can be set to 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, or 2.0. The Mid Frequency can be set to 500, 1k, 1.5k, or 2.5k; while the Mid Q-Factor can be set to 0.75, 1.0, 1.25, or 1.5. The Treble Frequency can be set to 7.5k, 10k, 12.5k, or 15k; while the Treble Q-Factory can be set to 0.75 or 1.25.
- Firmware: The AmpPRO app will also allow you to update the interface with new firmware as it becomes available.
Note: These AmpPRO PC App settings can be adjusted with the module installed in the vehicle or on the bench. However, it is recommended to make the adjustments with the module installed, and the factory radio on so that the changes can be heard.
Dip Switch: Set dip switch 2 to "ON" to lower the RCA output voltage to 4V. Set the dip switch 2 "OFF" to keep the RCA output voltage at 5V. Dip switches 1-3-4 are not used.
Toslink Adapter: The AP4-GM61 has a Toslink digital audio output that provides a variable 2-channel signal. No optical digital cable is included with the interface.
Optional Amplifier Harness: The APH-GM02 installation harness (541APHGM02, sold separately) simplifies speaker wire connections when using the PAC AmpPRO AP4-GM61 to add an aftermarket amplifier or amplifiers in select vehicles that feature factory amplified sound systems. The APH-GM02 keeps you from having to cut or modify your vehicle's original factory wiring, providing a direct connection at the vehicle's original factory amplifier location (you will need to make hardwire connections at the aftermarket amplifier/s).
6 questions already asked