About the iSimple iPod® Interface Kit for Honda or Toyota
Listen to your iPod and access all of its playlists using the controls on your compatible factory stereo. This iSAS71 kit from iSimple includes a PXDP iPod2Car iPod interface and all the cables needed to hook it up to select Acura, Honda, Scion, or Toyota car stereos. Connect the interface to the back of your factory stereo via the included vehicle-specific cable, then plug in your iPod and go.
This iPod2Car interface lets you control the music with your radio buttons — even steering wheel controls if you have them — including controls for track up/down, fast-forward, and reverse. If you prefer, you can use the iPod's Click Wheel instead of the radio buttons. You won't have to worry about sound quality in either case — the wired connection ensures the best possible performance from your music. The iPod interface will even charge your iPod while it's plugged in. This adapter kit works with all dockable iPods. Warranty: 1 year.
Note: If you haven't already, please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if the included adapter cables will work with your vehicle.
Compatibility Note: Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod connection adapter for select Acura, Honda, Scion, or Toyota factory stereos
- works with newer iPods, including nano, classic, and iPhone
- controls track selection and fast-forward/reverse
- iPod remains active, allowing for access to all of your playlists
- charges your iPod battery
- includes 12' cable for your iPod and three vehicle-specific connection cables
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ISAS71
What's in the box:
- iPod2car Interface
- 12' Docking cable (has a dock connector on one end and a round 8-pin connector on the other end)
- PXHHD1 harness
- PXHCH2 harness
- PXHTY3 harness
- Instructional Manual
- Installation Note
More details on the iSimple iPod® Interface Kit for Honda or Toyota
Overview: The iPod2car Interface allows you to control an iPod directly from your factory radio, in select vehicles. The iPod2car delivers CD quality sound directly into the factory system via the CD changer port and eliminates the use of RF modulators. The factory radio enables track selection and fast forward/rewind just like using a CD changer. In addition, the iPod2car allows you to keep full control of the iPod from the click wheel. The iPod2car also keeps the batteries in the iPod charged.
Note: For all vehicles, you will have to disconnect any external CD changer, Cassette player, or XM tuner to install the iPod2car (these devices will no longer be operational once the iPod2car is installed).
Vehicle Compatibility: The supplied harnesses are compatible with select 1998-2007 Toyotas (2006-2007 Toyotas will require harness modification), 2003-2005 Scions, 1998-2002 Isuzus, 1992-2004 Hondas, 1992-2002 Acuras, and 1999-2001 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles.
Note: Please use the Crutchfield Car Selector to verify compatibility with your vehicle.
Vehicle Specific Harnesses: Depending on your vehicle, you will need to use one of the following supplied harnesses:
- PXHHD1(Honda/Acura): One end of the harness connects to the iPod2car Interface and one end connects to the factory system. On the interface end, the cable has a clear rectangular 22-pin (8 pins present) female connector that plugs into the iPod2car Interface. On the opposite end, the cable has a blue rectangular 14-pin (8 pins present) female connector that interfaces with the factory system.
- PXHTY3(Toyota/Isuzu): One end of the harness connects to the iPod2car Interface and one end connects to the factory system. On the interface end, the cable has a clear rectangular 22-pin (10 pins present) female connector that plugs into the iPod2car Interface. On the opposite end, the harness has the following connectors: clear rectangular 12-pin female connector, white rectangular 12-pin (11 pins present) female connector, and white rectangular 12-pin (11 pins present) male connector.
- PXHCH2(Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Honda/Acura): One end of the harness connects to the iPod2car Interface and one end connects to the factory system. On the interface end, the cable has a clear rectangular 22-pin (8 pins present) female connector that plugs into the iPod2car Interface. On the opposite end, the cable has a round 8-pin male connector that interfaces with the factory system.
iPod Cable: The iPod interface comes supplied with a 12' black iPod cable that plugs into the hide-away interface module and then into your iPod's dock connector.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility: The iPod2car Interface is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Honda/Acura, Toyota/Isuzu, or Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge factory factory radio (as of 6/27/2013):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Radio||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Info||Track Info|
| clickwheel |
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the factory radio and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until an newer software update is available.
Factory Radio Control of iPod: Using this interface, your factory radio will control the iPod as if it were a factory CD-changer. Operation will be done by using the same buttons you would use to control a factory CD-changer.
Note: The iPod2car does not disable any functionality of your iPod. The interface allows you to keep full control of the iPod from the click wheel. You can still browse files and change playlists on your iPod. You can also skip songs forward and backward from the iPod.
Factory Radio Display During iPod Operation: The iPod2car Interface does not send any information from the iPod to the radio. This means that the disc and track numbers shown on the display will not reflect the song number on the iPod due to the complex nature of the music library.
Factory Steering Wheel Controls: If your vehicle's steering wheel controls have the ability to select track and control the forward and rewind functions of your factory CD changer, then they will also control these same functions on the iPod.
Programming the iPod2car: The interface has eight dip switches located on its side. Different vehicles require different switch configurations. Once you have determined the correct harness for your vehicle, you will need to program the iPod2car Interface. A Dip Switch Configuration Chart in the Instruction Manual tells which configuration is right for your vehicle.
Note: The dip switches must be set before the interface is plugged into the vehicle.
Installation Location: Most installations will require you to remove the factory radio in order to plug in the vehicle specific harness. Some vehicles may require you to connect the interface to a factory pre-run CD changer cable. The location of these CD changer cables will vary by vehicle. Some common locations of these cables are in the trunk, behind the glove box, and in or under a center console.
The iSimple iPod® Interface Kit for Honda or Toyota replaces these items
- Connect an iPod portable music player to your factory radio system
- includes vehicle-specific connectors for select Acura, Honda, Scion, and Toyota vehicles
4 questions already asked