About the PAC RP4-MZ11 Wiring Interface
PAC's RP4-MZ11 radio replacement interface lets you replace the factory radio in select 2008-up Mazdas. You'll retain your factory steering wheel audio controls, your vehicle's entertainment system, warning chimes, and the use of your factory amplifier, if present. This interface works with your Mazda's base or premium stereo systems, and retains all safety and convenience features. You'll also retain your Mazda's message display, which allows you to access your vehicle's system settings. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: If your vehicle is equipped with the factory premium system, the amp fader must be adjusted through the RP interface. (See Details.) See Details for a list of compatible car stereos.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this model is compatible with your vehicle.
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement/SWC interface module (for Mazda)
- Wiring harness (RP4-MZ11-HAR)
- Steering wheel control harness (4-pin connector to 3.5mm/blue wire)
More details on the PAC RP4-MZ11 Wiring Interface
Radio Replacement Interface (for Mazda): The PAC RadioPRO 4 Radio Replacement Interface (RP4-MZ11) allows the replacement of the original factory radio in select Mazda vehicles with an upgraded aftermarket head unit. It has been engineered to interface seamlessly with the automobile's computer data bus system, as well as retain important safety and convenience features; such as:
- Factory amplified audio system (including Bose)
- Steering wheel controls (SWC)
- Factory message display
- Rear seat entertainment (RSE)
- Navigation based outputs (including vehicle speed sensor, parking brake, & reverse)
- Accessory 12-volt output
- Warning chimes
Note: Premium factory amplified systems fader must be adjusted through the RP interface.
Vehicle Compatibility: The RadioPRO 4 (RP4-MZ11) is compatible with select 2006-2013 Mazda vehicles with factory CAN databus radios. Compatible vehicles as of 7/31/2019 include -
- If using this interface in a Mazda CX-5, all vehicle settings must be finalized before removing the factory radio.
- The following vehicles (RX-8, 2007-2009 CX-9 w/non-nav radio, Miata) will not provide a VSS signal as this information is not on the data bus.
- The following vehicles (RX8, 2007-2009 CX7, 2010 Mazda 5/Miata) will not provide a reverse output as this information is not on the data bus.
- The following vehicles (RX-8, Miata) will not provide a parking brake output as this information is not on the data bus.
- The following vehicles (2007-2009 CX-9, 2007-2009 CX-7) have a speed based parking brake wire that will provide a negative trigger until the vehicle is going at least 4 mph.
- This interface provides requisite data commands to retain the A/C compressor function in 2010-up Mazda CX-9 vehicles.
SWC Compatible: The interface comes pre-programmed for all of the vehicle's factory SWC functions and does not require programming, unless you wish to re-assign the SWC functions to different buttons. The SWC functions can be easily programmed; see control settings and functions below. The interface retains programming even if your vehicle's battery is disconnected.
|Control Functions||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-|
|Preset +/-||Track +/-||Play||Search +/-||Track +/-||Preset +/-||Preset +/-||Preset +/-|
|Track +/-||Band/Disc +||Track +/-||Band||Cursor up/down||Track +/-||Track +/-||Track +/-|
|Power||Preset/Disc -||Disc/FM +||Send||OK||Band||Band||Band|
|Play/Enter||Select||Disc/AM -||End||***||***||Phone Menu||***|
|Receive (phone)||Phone Receive/Reject||***||***||***||***||End Call||***|
|End||Voice Dial||***||***||***||***||Voice Activation||***|
Note: The SWC harness contains a Blue/Yellow wire and a 3.5mm connector. You will only use one of the connectors, based on your type of aftermarket radio. The Blue/Yellow wire supports Kenwood, Newer JVC, OEM and Blaupunkt radios. The 3.5mm jack supports Alpine, Jensen, Older JVC, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Valor, and Dual radios. Not compatible with Soundstream head units.
OEM LCD Compatible: The PAC RadioPRO 4 Interface (RP4-MZ11) retains the vehicle's OEM LCD, so you can still access your vehicle settings. To access the vehicle setting menu, press and hold the Mode button on the SWC until "Setup Menu" is displayed on the LCD screen. Use the Arrow Down on the SWC to scroll through the options. Once the option you wish to select is displayed, press the Mode button on the SWC to advance to the next step.
- Change Text: Allows you to enter custom text for the LCD screen's default display. Once this is selected, you can use the Volume Up & Down buttons to select the character position and the Arrow Up & Down buttons to select the character. Once you have set your custom text, do not press any buttons for 8 seconds and the programming function will time out and return to the default display.
- Set Clock: Allows you to set the clock on the LCD screen. Once this is selected you can use the Arrow Down button on the SWC to choose a clock set mode. Once your mode is displayed, press the Mode button on the SWC to select. Follow the instructions on the LCD screen to set the clock.
- Display Info: Allows you to change vehicle info display such as MPG, miles to empty, etc. Once this is selected, follow the instructions on the LCD screen to change the vehicle info display. Once on the desired display, do not press any buttons for 8 seconds and the programming function will time out and return to the default display.
- User Options: Allows you to turn off SWC text or reset options to default. SWC text shows you on the LCD screen which button you are pressing on the SWC. Resetting options to default will set the custom text back to audio and if equipped, set the Bose amp settings back to zero. Once this is selected you can use the Arrow Down & Up buttons on the SWC to scroll between SWC Text or Reset. To select either of these press the Mode button. Follow the instructions on the LCD screen for each individual selection.
- Amp Settings: Allows you to turn Center Point off/on (when available). Allows you to adjust Center Point gain, fader and amp gain, This feature will only be seen on 2007+ CX-7 & CX-9.
- Exit: Allows you to exit the menu and return to the default display.
Rear Seat Entertainment: The RP4-MZ11 will allow the original factory DVD player and rear screen to function independently from the newly installed aftermarket radio. A/V will be passed from the factory DVD player to the rear screen and audio can be heard through the headphones. A/V cannot be passed from the factory DVD player to the aftermarket head unit.
Radio Select Switch: The radio select rotary switch on the side of the interface must be adjusted to the proper radio setting before plugging the interface into the vehicle.
|# Dial||Radio Manufacture|
|7||Dual, Pioneer, Sony|
Wiring Connection Chart:
|Red||Accessory Output (1A)|
|Blue/white||Amp Turn On Input|
|Blue||Power Antenna/2nd SWC Out|
|Green/white||2nd SWC Input|
|Green||Reverse Output (+)|
|Red/White||Parking Brake Output (-)|
|White RCA||Left Front Speaker|
|Grey RCA||Right Front Speaker|
|Green RCA||Left Rear Speaker|
|Purple RCA||Right Rear Speaker|
Firmware Updates: The RP4-MZ11 can be updated with new firmware as it becomes available using the PAC-UP interface updater (sold seperatly). Please visit www.pac-audio.com/firmware for available updates.
The PAC RP4-MZ11 Wiring Interface replaces these items
- add an aftermarket receiver to select 2006-up Mazda vehicles
- retains functionality of your Bose® factory amplifier
- retains the Centerpoint® processing
21 questions already asked