About the PAC RP5-GM11 Wiring Interface
Meet Dave Delamere
Wordsmith for mobile electronics, Demo Days dude, and a generally swell guy.
During my 16 years as a Crutchfield Advisor, I helped thousands of customers pick out the right gear for their applications. I quickly learned what kinds of problems they want to solve and what they need to know to get there.
In 2013, I joined the Creative team as a writer for our mobile audio categories. I still pull on those countless hours of conversations with our customers when I'm researching new products.
A few years ago, I began our in-house "Demo Days" project where I regularly set up product demos. These demos give our Advisors even more opportunities to see, hear, and touch many of the home and car audio products we sell. In fact, I often call upon Advisors to help assemble these demos, to add to their real-world installation experience with the gear.
I've always enjoyed playing with electronics and stereo gear — from setting up a stereo system for the after-prom party, to solving some of the A/V issues in our family's home. It never occurred to me that I'd be lucky enough to keep on doing it for a living.
More about Dave
- Started at Crutchfield in 1997
- Completed our thorough in-house Advisor training, learning about the ins and outs of our various products
- Attends dozens of vendor training events each year
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and hundreds of car audio and pro audio product presentations
- Is one of our installation experts with hundreds of hours of experience installing car audio systems and setting up home audio/video gear
More from Dave Delamere
Keep your factory features
Keep your factory features
PAC's RadioPRO5 RP5-GM11 wiring interface enables you to install a new car stereo and retain useful factory functions in your 2000-up GM vehicle. You can upgrade to the higher sound quality of an aftermarket receiver while maintaining your factory-installed OnStar®, factory amplifier, Bluetooth®, safety warning chimes, and the Retained Accessory Power (RAP) if equipped. In some vehicles, you can also retain your factory rear seat entertainment system. If you're installing a navigation receiver, this interface also features the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), parking brake, and reverse connections you need.
Control your new radio
The RadioPRO5 interface retains your factory steering wheel audio controls with your new stereo. You can even reassign the functions of your factory buttons.
Installation note: This interface will not retain the fader controls on vehicles with the factory premium Bose® audio system.
- works with GM vehicles with the CLASS II data systems
- works with amplified and non-amplified systems (including Bose audio systems)
- retains rear-seat entertainment system in select vehicles (new receiver must have RCA inputs)
- provides Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), parking brake, and reverse connections for installing a navigation receiver
- retains factory Bluetooth if equipped
- retains factory steering wheel audio controls
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RP5-GM11
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface (RP5-GM11)
- 24-in/12-pin Vehicle harness (RP5-GM11-HAR)
- 22-pin Radio harness (RP5-RADPWRAUDIO)
- SWC harness
- Chime module (CMX)
- Antenna adapter
- Wiring codes
This little gem allowed me to retain all factory features of my BOSE system including audio from the factory RES so the kids and wife are happy; and allowed me to get the Car Play integration that I wanted so I'm happy. Great little plug & play product.
Derek - MO from Missouri
More details on the PAC RP5-GM11 Wiring Interface
GM Class II (24-pin/12-pin) Radio Replacement Interface: The PAC RP5-GM11 radio replacement interface allows the replacement of your vehicle's factory radio with an upgraded aftermarket head unit in select GM vehicles. The RP5-GM11 has been engineered to interface seamlessly with your vehicle's computer data bus system (Class II) and retain important safety and convenience features. This all-in-one radio replacement interface offers OnStar retention, amplifier retention, built-in SWC (Steering Wheel Controls), navigation based output signals, and other features that save time during installation.
- Convenience Features: The PAC RP5-GM11 radio replacement interface retains a variety of convenience features when replacing your vehicle's factory radio with an aftermarket head unit. You'll continue to be able to use your vehicle's factory OnStar system with turn-by-turn voice prompts and volume adjustments. Your vehicle's warning chimes (w/ volume adjustment) and retained accessory power output (RAP) will remain completely functional. RAP allows the ignition power source of many GM vehicles to keep the radio on until one of the doors is opened.
- Amplified & Non-Amplified Systems: The PAC RP5-GM11 is compatible with amplified and non-amplified factory audio systems. Its compatible with both Bose and Premium Bose audio systems. The unit does not support fading for Premium Bose systems.
- Factory Entertainment Features: The RP5-GM11 retains several factory entertainment features; including Bluetooth (2009+ vehicles), Aux input, rear seat entertainment (RSE), rear seat audio controls, and dual zone functionality. In order to retain factory rear seat entertainment, your aftermarket head unit must be fitted with a rear-panel AUX or AV input. Since the RP5-GM11 is outfitted with stereo RCA jacks, if your aftermarket head unit has a 3.5mm Aux input, you will need a stereo RCA-to-minijack adapter (sold separately - see accessory list).
- Navigation Outputs: The PAC radio replacement interface also provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming. In addition, the interface retains your vehicle's back-up sensors and park assist feature. *The VSS wire is not provided for Corvettes with a factory equipped Denso brand radio.
Built-in SWC (Steering Wheel Controls): The interface comes pre-programmed for all of the vehicle's factory SWC functions and does not require programming, unless you wish to re-assign the SWC functions to different buttons. The SWC functions can be easily programmed; see control settings and functions in owner's manual. The interface retains programming even if your vehicle's battery is disconnected.
Note: The SWC harness contains a Blue/Yellow wire and a 3.5mm connector. You will only use one of the connectors, based on your type of aftermarket radio. The Blue/Yellow wire supports Kenwood, Newer JVC, OEM and Blaupunkt radios. The 3.5mm jack supports Alpine, Jensen, Older JVC, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, and Dual radios. Not compatible with Soundstream head units.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC RP5-GM11 is compatible with select 2000-up GM vehicles with Class II (24-pin/12-pin) data bus systems.
Wiring Connection Chart: The included wiring harness features the following hardwire connections.
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|Blue/White||Amp Turn On|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Violet||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Violet/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake Detection (-)|
|Purple/White||Reverse Output (+)|
|Brown Loop||Mute Loop|
RadioPRO App: PAC offers a Windows compatible RadioPRO App software program to help you configure the interface.
The PAC RP5-GM11 Wiring Interface replaces these items
- lets you install an aftermarket receiver in late model GM vehicles without losing the door chime and audible safety warnings
- works with any Bose® system, retains OnStar® functionality
- retains steering wheel audio controls with a compatible car stereo in most vehicles
153 questions already asked