About the PAC RP5-GM41 Wiring Interface
Upgrade the radio in your Chevrolet
Upgrade the radio in your Chevrolet
Installing a new car stereo can often mean losing your vehicle's steering wheel audio controls and other factory features. PAC's RP5-GM41 wiring interface solves this problem, allowing you to install a new receiver in your Chevrolet or GMC vehicle while retaining your steering wheel controls, warning chimes, OnStar®, and factory amplifier. The interface supplies the connections you need to install a navigation receiver, and you can also assign two radio functions to each steering wheel control button by using short press/long press functionality. Warranty: 1 year.
Important Note: This wiring interface works with car stereos made by Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Fusion, Advent, Boyo, Dual, Lightning Audio, Rockford Fosgate, and Visteon.
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement/SWC interface module (for GM LAN 29-bit v2 databus)
- Chime module
- Vehicle harness (OS-GMLAN44)
- Radio harness (RPM-ADPWRAUDIO)
- SWC harness
- Camera harness
- Antenna adapter
More details on the PAC RP5-GM41 Wiring Interface
Radio Replacement Interface: The PAC RP5-GM41 interface allows an aftermarket head unit replacement of the factory navigation or non-navigation radio in select General Motors vehicles with 29-bit v2 GM-LAN databus system. Using this interface will retain factory features such as OnStar, steering wheel controls (SWC), Aux input & backup camera, Warning Chimes, as well as the factory amplifier when the original radio is removed. The RP5-GM41 also provides data bus driven outputs such as retained accessory power (RAP), vehicle speed sensor (VSS), illumination, reverse trigger, and parking brake.
Retained Features: The PAC RP5-GM41 will retain the following factory equipped features of your vehicle.
- OnStar: This radio replacement interface is designed to retain the factory OnStar emergency services system and turn-by-turn voice prompts that would normally be lost when your factory radio is replaced by an aftermarket head unit.
- Factory Amplifier: In vehicles with a factory amplified system, the factory amplifiers are retained. It can be used in vehicles with or without a factory amplified system.
- Factory Aux & Camera: The PAC RP5-GM41 will retain your vehicle's factory Aux input & backup camera through your aftermarket receiver's rear Aux input and composite video camera input.
- Retained Accessory Power (R.A.P.): The ignition power source of many GM vehicles keeps the radio on until one of the doors is opened. This feature is called the R.A.P. (retained accessory power). The RP5-GM41 will retain this feature.
- Warning Chimes: The PAC RP5-GM41 will retain your vehicle's factory warning chimes through the included external chime module.
- Steering Wheel Control (SWC): The PAC radio replacement interface also lets you keep your GM vehicle's factory steering wheel controls (no additional adapter required, but some hardwiring in the vehicle's dash is required). You even get to program two radio functions to each SWC button by using short press long press dual command functionality.
Navigation Outputs: The PAC radio replacement interface provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Gear output to make installing an aftermarket Navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
Vehicle Compatibility: The RadioPro4 (RP5-GM41) is compatible with select 2010-up GM vehicles fitted with a factory navigation or non-navigation radio, OnStar, and featuring the GM-LAN 29-bit v2 databus system with 44-pin connector harness.
- In the Cruze, Equinox, and Terrain the separate LCD screen above the factory radio will not be retained.
- In 2010-2015 Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain vehicles, you must use firmware version 1.2.3a.4 or higher. These same model vehicles equipped with factory navigation are not compatible.
- In a 2015-up Chevy Trax, you must use firmware vision 1.2.3a.4 or higher.
- In the Chevy Malibu, models with factory navigation are not compatible.
Radio Select Switch & Programmable SWC: The radio select rotary switch on the side of the interface must be adjusted to the proper radio setting before plugging the interface into the vehicle. The interface comes pre-programmed for all of the vehicle's factory SWC functions and does not require programming, unless you wish to re-assign the SWC functions to different buttons (up to two commands per button). The SWC functions can be easily programmed; see control settings and functions below. The interface retains programming even if your vehicle's battery is disconnected.
|Control Functions||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-||Volume +/-|
|Preset +/-||Track +/-||Play||Search +/-||Track +/-||Track +/-||Preset +/-||Preset +/-||Preset +/-||Track +/-|
|Track +/-||Band/Disc +||Track +/-||Band||Cursor up/down||Play/OK||Track +/-||Track +/-||Track +/-||Disc +/-|
|Power||Preset/Disc -||Disc/FM +||Send||OK||Band||Band||Band||Band||OK|
|Play/Enter||Select||Disc/AM -||End||***||Cursor Up /Down||***||Phone Menu||***||***|
|Band/Program||Attenuation||Answer||***||***||Answer/ Hang-up||***||Answer Call||***||***|
|Phone Receive /Reject||Phone Receive /Reject||Voice Dial||***||***||***||***||End Call||***||***|
|End||Voice Dial||On/Off Hook||***||***||***||***||Voice Activation||***||***|
Note: The SWC harness contains a Blue/Yellow wire and a 3.5mm connector. You will only use one of the connectors, based on your type of aftermarket radio. The Blue/Yellow wire supports Kenwood, Newer JVC, OEM and Blaupunkt radios. The 3.5mm jack supports Alpine, Jensen, Older JVC, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Valor, and Dual radios. Not compatible with Soundstream head units.
Wiring Connection Chart: The included wiring harness features the following hardwire connections.
|Red||+12 Volt Accessory|
|Yellow||+12 Volt Constant|
|White||Left Front Speaker +|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker -|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker +|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker -|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker +|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker -|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker +|
|Purple/Black||Right Rear Speaker -|
|Light Green||Parking Brake Detection (-)|
|Purple/White||Reverse Output (+)|
|Red RCA||Right Aux In|
|White RCA||Left Aux In|
|Yellow RCA||Backup Camera|
RadioPRO App: PAC offers a Windows compatible RadioPRO App software program to help you configure the interface.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked