About the PAC RPK4-FD2201 Dash and Wiring Kit
Your Ford pickup is a great truck, but the factory audio system leaves something to be desired. For a sound experience to match the excellence of your truck, you'll need to replace the factory radio, but the design of the truck's dash makes replacement difficult. PAC's RPK4-FD2201 dash and wiring kit allows you to install an aftermarket single- (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) receiver in your truck's dash while retaining your Ford's factory amplifier, steering wheel audio controls, backup camera, USB port, aux in jack, and airbag light.
Keep your factory display
The kit retains your truck's controls for climate and personalization features, relocating them so there's no need to cut the sub-dash. The steering wheel control adapter is built into the interface, allowing you to keep those convenient controls with compatible car stereos made by Alpine, Axxera, JVC, Kenwood, Clarion, Jensen, Pioneer, Sony, FUSION, Advent, Boyo, Dual, Lightning Audio, Rockford Fosgate, and Visteon. The kit's metallic black finish matches your Ford's dash.
Installation Note: You'll have to relocate the Ford climate control knobs, buttons, and circuit board. We recommend you call a professional if you don't have experience with this type of installation.
- install an aftermarket single-DIN (2" tall) or double-DIN (4" tall) car stereo
- package includes dash kit, wiring harnesses, antenna adapter, and electronic interface module
- retains factory climate and personalization controls
- retains factory amplifier, steering wheel audio controls, backup camera, USB port, aux in jack, and airbag light
- does not retain:
- aux in jack on 2015 vehicles with SYNC
- outside temperature displayed on factory 4" screen
- factory cargo camera function
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RPK4-FD2201
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface module
- Interface harness
- 2 Reverse camera harnesses
- USB retention cable
- Dash kit
- 2 Brackets
- Bottom circuit board housing
- Middle circuit board housing
- 2-Button insert
- 3-Button insert
- Antenna adpater
- Eight 6mm screws
- 9 Radio-mounting screws
- 2 Ribbon cables
- Installation Instructions
More details on the PAC RPK4-FD2201 Dash and Wiring Kit
Vehicle Compatibility: The PAC RPK4-FD2201 includes everything you need to install a new aftermarket head unit in a 2015-2017 Ford F-150 or 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty truck with a 4.2" display - including a factory matched radio mounting dash kit, electronic interface module, wiring harnesses and adapters to retain important vehicle factory features like climate and steering wheel controls, stock backup camera, factory Aux and USB inputs, and stock amplifiers.
|Ford||F-150 (all trim-levels with 4.2" screen)||2015-2017|
|F-250 (all trim-levels with 4.2" screen)||2017|
|F-350 (all trim-levels with 4.2" screen)||2017|
|F-450 (all trim-levels with 4.2" screen)||2017|
|F-550 (all trim-levels with 4.2" screen)||2017|
- Works on trucks with factory 4.2" display radios only. Not compatible in trucks equipped with the factory 8" screen radio.
- Does not retain Ford SYNC. Does not retain outside temperature display on factory 4" screen.
- Once the factory radio is removed, the factory chimes will play through the small factory dash speaker and not the cabin speakers.
Factory Matched Dash Kit: The included factory matched dash kit will accommodate a Single-DIN aftermarket head unit using the supplied pocket or a Double-DIN aftermarket head unit without the pocket. The dash kit also utilizes the factory HVAC control knobs and buttons for a more factory look and experience.
Note: Transfer of the factory HVAC knobs, buttons, and circuit board is required.
Factory Amplified Sound System: The PAC RPK4-FD2201 lets you retain your Ford truck's factory amplified sound system when replacing the factory radio with a newer aftermarket head unit. Balance & Fade controls are also retained.
Factory Aux & USB Inputs: The PAC RPK4-FD2201 will retain your truck's factory Aux & USB inputs, if your new aftermarket head unit is equipped with a rear-panel Aux and USB input. A minijack-to-RCA adapter (sold separately) maybe required to retain the Aux input.
- Transfer of the auxiliary button panel is required.
- Does not retain the auxiliary input in 2015 trucks equipped with SYNC.
Stock Backup Camera: The PAC RPK4-FD2201 will retain your truck's stock backup camera, if your new aftermarket head unit is equipped with a rear-panel composite video camera input. There are two backup camera retention harnesses, but one will be use based on the connector type in your vehicle.
Note: Does not retain factory cargo camera function.
Built-in Steering Wheel Control: The RPK4-FD2201 will retain your truck's factory steering wheel controls (SWC) and allows you to program two radio functions to each SWC button by using short press long press dual command functionality (no separate steering wheel adapter is required). Your new aftermarket head unit will need to support steering wheel control.
Navigation Outputs: The PAC RPK4-FD2201 also provides data bus driven Navigation outputs - such as vehicle speed sensor (VSS), reverse trigger, and parking brake - making the installation of an aftermarket navigation head unit simpler and less time consuming.
Radio Dip Switches: The radio dip switches on the back of the included interface module must be adjusted to the proper radio setting before plugging the interface into the vehicle. The RPK4-FD2201 is compatible with Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Clarion, Pioneer, Sony, Dual/Axxera, Jensen, and other aftermarket radios (see owner's manual for appropriate dip-switch setting).
RadioPRO App: PAC offers a Windows compatible RadioPRO App software program to help you configure the interface. Use of the RadioPRO App allows you to do the following.
- Red/White wire output behavior.
- Aftermarket radio Parking Brake Sequencing
- Update Product Firmware
- Read Firmware/Hardware Versions
- Access Product User Manuals
Note: The interface must be connected to the vehicle and your Windows laptop when using the RadioPRO App.
4 questions already asked