About the Rockford Fosgate PLC-U
Volume control at your fingertips
Volume control at your fingertips
Rockford Fosgate's PLC-U remote gives you volume control over your amplifier from the driver's seat. You can mount this remote almost anywhere so you can easily reach it to make adjustments. It's ideal for classic cars where the radio is often installed out of sight, or for larger vehicles like an RV or tour bus.
The remote connects between your aftermarket receiver and amplifier, via RCA patch cables (not included), adding a volume control in a more convenient and visible location than the control on your receiver. The PLC-U features a linear-taper rotary control that intuitively matches the program volume to the knob's rotary position — 12 o'clock position is half volume, 3 o'clock is three-quarters full, for example.
Custom options and an auxiliary input
The PLC-U comes with three mounting options (panel, under dash, and panel knockout) and two different size knobs to match the look and feel of your vehicle's interior. The panel knockout bracket includes an auxiliary 3.5 mm input jack that allows you to play music from a portable device. Warranty: 1 year.
More details on the Rockford Fosgate PLC-U
Universal Level Control: The Rockford Fosgate PLC-U is designed as an inline, universal audio level control that can be integrated into almost any audio system. It is intended to allow you to vary the signal level of any stereo pair of RCA cables in the event you do not have a master volume control or you want more independent control over a specific signal path.
Audio Taper Potentiometer: The Rockford Fosgate PLC-U is comprised of a high quality audio taper potentiometer which provides for true linear control of the output signal.
Mounting Options: The Rockford Fosgate PLC-U comes with a variety of mounting configurations to meet your installation needs; including panel mount with large and small knob configurations, under dash mounting, rocker switch, and flush mount style mounting.
- Under Dash Mount: A universal under-dash bracket is provided to be used in conjunction with the panel-mount unit if your install requires more clearance.
- Panel Mount: The under-dash bracket can be disassembled from the panel-mount to allow the level control to be surface mounted using a smaller hole in locations where the larger options may not fit. Requires a 1" (diameter) x 2" (depth) mounting hole and is held in place with a threaded retaining nut.
- Rocker Switch Mount: Also included is a rocker switch mount with integrated level control and 3.5mm aux input to RCA extension port. This is perfect for those vehicles that already have the rocker switch knockouts molded into the dash.
- Flush Mount: In addition, the rocker switch can be disassembled to allow for a flush panel mount option of the knob assembly.
Stereo RCA Inputs/Outputs: The Rockford Fosgate PLC-U is outfitted with a Stereo RCA input to connect to the output of your in-dash receiver and a Stereo RCA output to connect to the input of your amplifier.
Aux Input: The rocker switch option also includes a 3.5mm-to-RCA extension port to extend a radio's AUX input to your dash.
- Rocker Switch: 0.9375" (w) x 1.9375" 9 (h) x 1.625" (d)
- Under-Dash Bracket: 2.4375" (w) x 1.4375" (h) x 0.6875" (d)
- Panel-Mount: 1.125" (diameter) 0.75" (depth)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked