About the Rockford Fosgate PMX-0R
A marine-ready remote for your boat
Rockford Fosgate designed this rugged wired remote to work with their PMX-8BB, PMX-5 or PMX2 marine receivers. It's a great way to enjoy convenient control over your receiver and even a subwoofer. The remote's face is IPX6-certified for water resistance, so you won't need to worry in bad weather or choppy conditions. The backlit LED buttons make it easy to use, day or night.
In most cases, you will need a Rockford Fosgate extension cable (sold separately). They're available in various lengths to suit your boat.
- marine-rated wired remote
- works with select Rockford Fosgate PMX marine receivers
- controls basic receiver functions and subwoofer settings
- receiver illumination control
- waterproof rotary volume knob
- back-lit LED buttons
- IPX6-certified front panel
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PMX-0R
What's in the box:
- Marine wired remote
- Mounting bracket
- 4 Hex-head nuts
- Installation/Operation Manual
More details on the Rockford Fosgate PMX-0R
Compatibility: The PMX-0R is a marine certified wired remote controller for Rockford Fosgate's PMX-8BB, PMX-5 or PMX-2 marine receivers (sold separately). In most cases you will need one of Rockford Fosgate's extension cables (sold separately). Up to 3 remotes can be added to one marine receiver using PMXYC Y-cable (sold separately).
Marine Certified: Rockford Fosgate's PMX series marine remote has been fully tested against UV radiation degradation as well as tested to IPX water intrusion standards. It is also fully tested for ever changing environmental conditions such as temperature extremes, as well as vibration testing to make sure it can take a bump and keep performing. The PMX-0R is protected against Dust, UV, Temperature, Water, Corrosion & Vibration.
- Dust: The unit's motor structure is sealed up tight to protect it against dirt, dust, and grime.
- UV Inhibitor Materials: Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used for UV radiation resistance and components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
- Thermal Shock Tested: Tested for extreme temperature operation as well as severe fluctuations in ambient temperature. Components are taken to both low and high temperature extremes and then tested to ensure operational capabilities.
- Water Tested: IPX6 Ratings allow for the components to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion.
- Corrosion Protection: Two part epoxy coated PCB boards prevent corrosion of critical components due to exposure in moisture rich environments.
- Vibration: Subjected to full vibration and shock testing to ensure that it will take abuse and keep performing to our stringent standards.
Applications: The PMX-0R is designed for marine and motorsports systems.
Water Resistant Controls: The PMX-0R uses a water resistant rotary encoder knob, along with push-button controls that feature backlit LED illumination. Control functions include:
- Rotary Knob: This knob is for adjusting main volume, zone volumes, menu navigation, and setting adjustments.
- Power Button: This button powers the unit On or Off.
- Source Button: Use this button to switch between sources.
- Play/Pause: This button is used to start or pause playback.
- Seek Buttons: Use these buttons to fast forward/rewind through a track or to skip to a previous/next track.
- SUB Buttons: These two buttons allow you to adjust the sub out up or down from 0-20.
- PEQ Button: Activates the PEQ function for bass enhancement.
Mounting Options: The marine wired remote control requires a 2" round cutout in the bulkhead. The integrated protective gasket, supplied U-bracket, and included hardware secure the wired remote in place against the mounting surface.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked