About the Rockford Fosgate PS-8
Rockford Fosgate gets small
Rockford Fosgate gets small
Been disappointed with compact powered subs in the past? Rockford Fosgate brings you a space-saving powered subwoofer with some serious kick. The Punch Series PS-8 houses a high-performance 8" shallow-mount sub and a 150-watt Class D amplifier in a compact enclosure, a perfect match for compact cars, trucks, SUVs, and anywhere else you want Rockford Fosgate's signature sound in a limited space.
You'll find the controls you need to tune this powered sub to fit your system.
Features get big
The PS-8 features a comprehensive set of controls for getting the bass right in your vehicle, including an adjustable low-pass crossover, onboard Punch EQ control, and a selectable phase control that gets this sub firing in concert with the rest of your speakers.
You can select from three different turn-on modes, and the wired remote control allows you to adjust the bass from the front seat. And the PS-8 also includes all the wiring and mounting hardware you'll need to install it.
- 8" powered shallow-mount subwoofer
- built-in Class-D amplifier (150 watts RMS)
- adjustable 12 dB/octave crossover
- phase control (0/180 degrees)
- onboard Punch EQ control
- remote bass level controller included
- high/low level input select
- 3-way (remote/DC offset/signal sense) turn-on select
- short-circuit, thermal, and reverse polarity protection
- power, ground, and turn-on wires and mounting hardware included
- dimensions: 14-1/2"W x 9-1/2" D x 3-3/8"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PS-8
What's in the box:
- Enclosure loaded with one 8" woofer and built-in amplifier
- 17' 10-gauge power wire with in-line fuse holder
- 10-amp fuse (installed in fuse holder)
- 18" 10-gauge ground wire (ring terminal attached to one end)
- Removable power plug
- 12" Signal input harness
- Remote Level Control
- Metal mounting bracket (for remote)
- 15' Remote cable (3.5mm plug on both ends)
- Two 3/8" Remote mounting screws
- Four 1" Self-tapping screws
- Installation and Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
More details on the Rockford Fosgate PS-8
Features & specs
|Finish Material||Cast Aluminum|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Material||Not given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||150 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||300 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Punch PS-8 is an all-in-one bass solution featuring an 8" woofer in a cast aluminum enclosure and a built-in 150 watt RMS amplifier.
Closed-Loop Design: The closed-loop design allows Rockford Fosgate to build the woofer, amplifier, and enclosure as a single system, optimizing each element for the best possible performance with the others.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Rockford Fosgate optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
CEA-2031 and CEA-2006 Compliant: The subwoofer's power handling and the amplifier's power output conform to CEA industry standards, allowing consumers to make an apples-to-apples comparison between the PS-8 and other powered subwoofers bearing the CEA-2031 and CEA-2006 logos.
Integrated Amplifier: The 8" woofer is powered by a built-in Class-D amplifier rated at 150 watts RMS.
Quick Disconnect Power/Ground: The power, ground, and remote turn-on wires attach to a quick disconnect terminal block, so the subwoofer can be easily removed when you need more storage space. Each terminal is a set screw clamp and will accept up to 10 gauge wire.
Audio Inputs: The amplifier section will accept either a line level (RCA) or speaker level signal. The included 12" input harness has a Molex plug on one end and female stereo RCA jacks on the other. When using a speaker level input, cut the RCA jacks off and splice into the remaining wires. Adjust the Input Level switch to match your input type, High for speaker level input or Low for line level (RCA) input.
Auto Turn-On: The Auto Turn-On switch offers three options:
- REM: the amp turns on when +12 volts DC is applied to the remote terminal
- DC Offset: the amp turns on when a DC offset voltage is detected on the signal inputs (from a speaker level source)
- Audio: the amp turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected (can be used with line level or speaker level inputs)
Note: When the DC Offset or Audio setting, the REM terminal becomes a 12 volt output, for turning an additional amplifier on.
Gain control: The rotary gain control allows you to match the output level of your headunit to the input level of the powered subwoofer.
Crossover: The 12 db/oct low-pass crossover is always engaged; the crossover point is adjustable from 50 to 120 Hz.
Punch EQ: Use the rotary dial to adjust the bass boost; continuously variable from 0 to +12 dB, centered at 45 Hz.
Phase: A switch allows you to reverse the phase of the subwoofer (0°, 180°).
Protection Circuit: The PS-8's amplifier is equipped with thermal overload, short circuit, and reverse polarity protection. The amplifier will shut down if any of these situations is encountered.
Remote Punch Level: A wired Punch Level Control is included so you can adjust the output level from the driver's seat. The remote has a bracket to mount it under the dash. The included 15' cable, with a 3.5mm mini-plug on each end, connects the remote to the subwoofer.
Note: The Punch Level Control measures approximately 2-3/8" wide x 1" high x 2" deep (3-1/2" deep including the knob and cable).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
25 questions already asked