About the Rockford Fosgate Prime R2-2X12
The first name in bass
The first name in bass
Rockford Fosgate's Prime Series loaded sub enclosures fill your car with low end that you can feel as well as hear. These rugged sealed boxes feature 5/8"-thick medium-density fiberboard construction covered with a protective layer of heavy-duty black carpeting. And you can rely on Rockford Fosgate to create an enclosure that'll draw every ounce of bass out of its subs, featuring high-current binding posts that can handle up to 12-gauge speaker wire.
Handles up to 500 watts
The R2-2X12 sealed loaded enclosure comes with two Prime R2D2-12 12" subs, wired for 2-ohm total impedance. Together, these speakers handle up to 500 watts RMS, so pair the box with an amp that'll give the subs a good workout. The woofers feature mica-injected polypropylene cones and compressed half-roll sealed poly-foam surrounds to deliver thump with determination.
- sealed enclosure with two 12" Prime R2D2 subwoofers
- 5/8" medium density fiberboard construction covered with black carpet
- 2-ohm total impedance
- power handling: 500 watts RMS (1,000 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 22-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 88.7 dB
- dimensions: 34.17"W x 14.38"H x 12.88"D1 x 7.5"D2
- warranty: 1 year (woofer only)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # R2-2X12
What's in the box:
- Dual sealed enclosure loaded with two R2D2-12 12" subwoofers
- Owner's manual
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Prime R2-2X12
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Speakers Per Box||2|
|Woofer Material||Mica-Injected Poly|
|Pieces in System||1|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Power Range (Watts RMS)||500|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Enclosure: The Rockford Fosgate Prime R2-2X12 features two R2D2-12 12" subwoofers loaded into a sealed enclosure that's constructed of 5/8" Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) and covered with black high density carpet. There is a pair of high-current spring posts on the left side (when facing the subwoofer), that will accommodate pin connectors, single or dual banana plugs, or bare wire up to 10 gauge. Each subwoofer's dual voice coils are wired in parallel and present a 2Ω load to your amplifier.
Drivers: The two Rockford Fosgate R2D2-12 subwoofer drivers include the following integrated technologies:
- Cone: Mica-injected polypropylene cones allow the R2D2-12 subwoofers to deliver deep powerful bass.
- Voice Coil Former: Each R2D2-12 subwoofer's voice coil former is made of anodized aluminum to provide superior heat dissipation. Unlike traditional plastic, aluminum acts as a heat-sink to quickly dissipate thermal build-up on the voice coil. This keeps the subwoofer cool and improves durability.
- Stitched Tinsel Leads: The multipoint, periodic stitched technique of attaching the tinsel lead wires to the spider spreads stress and strain over a greater area, reducing fatigue and the possibility of shorting. This significantly improves the reliability and performance of the subwoofer.
- Stamped Steel Basket: The R2D2-12 subwoofer drivers feature a stamped steel basket for added rigidity.
Power Handling: The Rockford Fosgate R2-2X12 dual-subwoofer enclosure can handle up to 500W RMS (1000W peak power).
CEA-2031 Compliant: The power handling specifications for the R2D2-12 subwoofers conform to CEA-2031 industry standards. This means the subwoofers have the capacity to handle power under continuous demand, not instantaneous power handling, that over time, can damage voice coils.
Klippel Verified: Rockford Fosgate uses Klippel technology in the testing, validation, and certification of its speaker drivers, providing an industry-standard control and measurement system for accurate product development.
1 question already asked