About the Rockford Fosgate Power T750X1bd
Super-compact, bursting with power
Super-compact, bursting with power
Rockford Fosgate's Power Series T750X1bd mono amplifier can drive up to 750 watts RMS into a 1-ohm load, allowing you to power multiple subs for bigger and better bass. A dual-fan forced air cooling system keeps this sturdy little amp from overheating, so it can play hard for a long time.
Rockford Fosgate's high-tech solutions yield more power
This Power Series amplifier actively monitors speaker or sub performance using Rockford Fosgate's Constant Power technology. A subwoofer's impedance naturally fluctuates as it performs. So, just like your cruise control increases the engine's RPM to maintain your car's speed uphill, Constant Power maintains this amp's output by increasing its internal voltage and current when the sub's impedance rises. This results in up to a 25% increase in the amp's total power output, especially in the crucial range below 50 Hz where a sub amp really has to shine.
T750X1bd control panel with clip lights
Easy to set for optimum performance
Rockford Fosgate's C.L.E.A.N. technology (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) setup system ensures your music will sound as clean and powerful as possible. It works like this: play the setup tone on the included test CD, adjust the receiver volume until a red clip light on the amp goes out, then turn the amp gain up until a blue light comes on. It's that simple — your amplifier will be perfectly set to match your receiver's output. When your receiver reaches maximum clean volume, you'll get maximum clean power from your Power amp. At quiet listening levels, you'll hear less background noise and more of your music.
Clip lights monitor distortion
If that blue light turns solid red while you're playing music, the amp's telling you that your source is distorting and you should turn it down, or risk damage to your gear. The optional PLC2 remote level control also doubles as a clip indicator, so you can see from the front seat if your music's clipping and restore pristine sound.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (750 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 750 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class BD amplifier technology with Constant Power topology
- C.L.E.A.N. gain setup system includes clip lights and test tone CD
- differential input circuitry helps eliminate hum
- dual-fan forced induction cooling
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- switchable subsonic filter (28 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable Punch EQ (0-18 dB at 45 Hz)
- optional PLC2 Punch Level Control wired remote with clip light available
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- signal-sensing turn-on with speaker-level input eliminates need for remote turn-on lead
- 8-gauge power and ground leads and a 100-amp fuse recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- no onboard fuses when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 100-amp in-line fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
- 8-1/2"W x 1-11/16"H x 4-5/16"D
- warranty: 2 years (extends to 3 years when purchased with a Rockford Fosgate RFK8, RFK8i, or RFK4D amp wiring kit)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # T750X1BD
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- 14" Input harness (4-pin Molex connector to 2 female RCAs)
- Removable power/ground/remote turn-on plug (installed)
- Removable speaker output plug (installed)
- Setup disc CD-ROM
- Amplifier Quick Setup sheet
- Certificate of Performance Verification
More details on the Rockford Fosgate Power T750X1bd
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
500 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||750 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||20-230 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Power T750X1bd is an ultra-compact mono-block amplifier. Even though the amplifier is only 8-1/2" x 4-1/4", it puts out a full 500 watts x 1 at 4 ohms, 750 x 1 at 2 ohms, or 750 x 1 at 1 ohm.
Class BD: The amplifier features Rockford Fosgate's proprietary Class bd technology, which is more efficient than typical Class AB amplifiers, with lower distortion than Class D amps. Class AB amps typically have 20-60% efficiency, with the remaining power generating heat. Class bd amps are 75-80% efficient, creating more power to drive your speakers, and less creating heat.
Constant Power: Rockford Fosgate uses a patented circuit design to gain up to 25% more output power. Constant Power actively increases the voltage and current in direct relationship to the rise and fall of music signals to provide additional power.
Fan Cooled: The T750X1bd features extruded aluminum heat sinks and dual fans to keep the amp running cool. Dual Fan Forced Induction pulls in fresh air, which pulls heat off of the MOSFETs, and directs airflow into the exhaust channel and out of the amplifier. Since the top and bottom heat sinks are decoupled, the top remains cool to the touch. When installing, you should leave at least 2-3" of clearance around the ends of the amplifier to optimize air flow to the fan intake and exhaust vents.
C.L.E.A.N. Technology: Using Rockford's C.L.E.A.N. (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) technology, you can easily and precisely set up the amplifier levels to eliminate distortion from damaging your speakers. Simple LED indicators are used, instead of test equipment, to identify signal clipping at both the input and output, and to match the audio source to the amplifier.
Top Mounted Controls: The T750X1bd features easy-to-reach controls on the top panel of the amplifier. These rotary controls can be set with a small screwdriver (not included). The controls include:
- Input Level: This rotary control lets you match the output of the audio source to the amplifier.
- Punch EQ: The Punch EQ eliminates frequency shift with boost. It functions as a 0 to +18dB variable Bass Boost at 45Hz.
- Frequency: The Butterworth crossover is internally set to Low Pass, and the cutoff frequency is constantly variable between 50Hz and 250Hz with a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Infrasonic Filter: The 2-way switch lets you engage (or turn off) the built-in Infrasonic Filter. The filter has a fixed cutoff frequency of 28Hz, with a slope of 12dB/octave. The Infrasonic Filter cuts out frequency below 28Hz that cause distortion, and are difficult for speakers to reproduce.
LED Indicators: The amplifier has three LED indicators on its top panel:
- Input Clip Indicator: The input clip indicator works in conjunction with the audio source's volume knob. It will illuminate red when the audio source reaches its clipping point.
- Output Clip Indicator: The output clip indicator works in conjunction with the amplifier's input level knob. It will illuminate red when the output level has reached the clipping point. When setting the level using test tones, you should adjust the output level until the LED glows blue. If setting the output level using music, the LED should glow blue with only an occasional red indication.
- Power/Protect: The Power LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. If the LED turns yellow, a short circuit or too low of an impedance has been detected at the speaker connections. If the LED turns red, the amp has overheated and has shut down.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Remote Punch Level Control: This RJ45 jack lets you plug in the optional PLC2 Punch Remote Level Control. The control needs to be switched to the ON position in order to use the remote level control.
- Inputs: The 4-pin Molex connector works with the supplied RCA Input Harness. The amp will accept signals from either high-level (speaker) or low-level (RCA) sources. If connected to a high-level input signal, the amp's auto turn-on feature is active.
Note: For high-level input, you can either splice RCA plugs onto the source unit's speaker wires, or cut the RCAs off of the supplied input harness and splice on speaker wires from the source unit using the standard wire color code (white=left, gray=right).
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Power/Remote Terminals: The amplifier's
Power, Ground, and Remote terminals are located in a separate
plug-in quick connector. The connector has compression terminals
that will accept up to 8-gauge wire. When utilizing a high-level
input signal, the auto turn-on feature is active, and the Remote
terminal can be used as an output to turn on/off up to two
additional amplifiers or other accessories. A small screwdriver
(not included) is required to tighten/loosen the compression
terminals. Once the wires are installed in the quick connector,
the connector can be plugged into the amplifier.
- Note: The amplifier has no built-in fuses. It is recommended that a 100A fuse be placed on the power wire about 18" from the battery.
- Speakers: The speaker output has removable compression terminals that will accept up to 10-gauge wire.
Warranty Terms: Rockford Fosgate Power-series amplifiers carry a two year warranty, when purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer.
Extended Warranty Offer: Rockford Fosgate offers a one-year extended warranty (for a total of 3 years) when the amplifier is installed using a matching Rockford Fosgate installation kit, such as the RFK8 or RFK8i.
9 questions already asked