About the Rockford Fosgate TM1000X5AD
A compact amp for big systems
A compact amp for big systems
Rockford Fosgate designed their Power Series TM1000X5AD 5-channel amplifier to power a serious marine or powersports system with two sets of speakers and a subwoofer. Proprietary Class AD technology allows this compact amp to deliver big power with less current draw from your electrical system, while the Constant Power feature keeps power consistent with varying impedances.
High- and low-pass filters tailor the amp to the job at hand, whether it's powering a nice set of component speakers or a couple of marine subs. This amp will provide outstanding power and versatility in a variety of vehicles on land and sea, delivering 100 watts per channel to your full-range speakers and up to 600 watts to your sub
Tough enough to handle moisture and heat
This rugged amp will stand up to outdoor life, too, with stainless steel hardware that won't succumb to corrosion and conformal-coated circuitry that withstands moisture and dirt. With a dual- fan cooling system and real-time thermal monitoring, the TM1000X5AD can rock hard without overheating – even when it's tucked into a tight space.
Level setting made easy
The TM1000X5AD uses Rockford Fosgate's CLEAN level setting technology, so there's no more guesswork while setting your gain levels using the top-mounted controls. Easy-to-see LED indicators identify clipping so you can set your amp for maximum performance without causing distortion.
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 600 watts x 1 at 2 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 400 watts x 1 at 4 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 600 watts RMS at 1 ohm
- Class AD amp design (Channels 1-4), Class BD for sub channel
- 4-ohm/2-ohm multi-impedance constant power
- conformal-coated circuit board — suitable for power sports and marine applications
- marine-grade stainless steel hardware
- twin cooling fans and real-time thermal sensing
- hidden top-mount control panel
- Constant Power feature keeps power consistent with varying impedances
- CLEAN set-up technology with LED input/output indicators
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire to RCA adapter required)
- variable low- and high-pass filters
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- dimensions: 12"W x 1-5/8"H x 4-3/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TM1000X5AD
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel marine amplifier
- Two 8" output harnesses (4-pin Molex connector on one end and bare wire on other end)
- Three 14" input harnesses (4-pin mini Molex connectors on one end and 2 female RCAs on other end)
- Setup CD disc
- Amplifier Clip Indicator Setup sheet
- Certificate of Performance Verification sheet
More details on the Rockford Fosgate TM1000X5AD
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-18 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Overview: The Rockford Fosgate Power TM1000X5ad is a compact, Element Ready, Class-AD five-channel amplifier. Even though the amplifier's footprint is only 12" x 4-1/4", it outputs the following power:
|Front and Rear Channels||100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms |
100 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms
200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged
|Subwoofer Channel||400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms |
600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
600 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
Element Ready: Rockford Fosgate's Element Ready Amplifiers are protected against dust, UV rays, and corrosion. Marine-grade, two-part epoxy-coated circuit boards are used to prevent corrosion due to exposure in moist and humid places. In addition, stainless hardware is used to help prevent rust and corrosion of all electrical connections.
Class AD: The amplifier features Rockford Fosgate's proprietary Class AD technology, which allows the amp to produce more power with less current draw. It takes the highly efficient bd amplifier design to a full-range application. Class AD uses Dynamic Frequency Switching to increase the switching frequency during lower output levels for better signal resolution. In addition, Post Choke Feedback Filtering removes unwanted distortion by comparing the input signal to the output signal at the speaker connector.
Constant Power: Rockford Fosgate uses a patented circuit design to gain up to 25% more output power. Constant Power actively increases the voltage and current in direct relationship to the rise and fall of music signals to provide additional power.
Fan Cooled: The TM1000X5ad features dual fans to keep the amp running cool. Dual Fan Forced Induction pulls in fresh air, which pulls heat off of the MOSFETs, and directs airflow into the exhaust channel and out of the amplifier. Since the top and bottom heat sinks are decoupled, the top remains cool to the touch. When installing, you should leave at least 2-3" of clearance around the ends of the amplifier to optimize air flow to the fan intake and exhaust vents.
C.L.E.A.N. Technology: Using Rockford's C.L.E.A.N. (Calibrated Level Eliminates Audible Noise) technology, you can easily and precisely set up the amplifier levels to eliminate distortion from damaging your speakers. Simple LED indicators are used, instead of test equipment, to identify signal clipping at both the input and output, and to match the audio source to the amplifier.
Top Mounted Controls: The TM1000X5ad features easy-to-reach controls on the top panel of the amplifier. The rotary controls require a small screwdriver (not included) to set the levels. There are independent controls for the front, rear, and subwoofer channels. The controls include:
- Input Level: These rotary controls let you match the output of the audio source to the amplifier.
- Sub Input: If you are using a dedicated subwoofer input, the Sub Input switch should be turned on. If there is no subwoofer input, the sub channel will receive signals from the front left channel input.
- Punch EQ:
- Front/Rear Channels: The Gyrator-based Punch EQ eliminates frequency shift with boost. It works in conjunction with the crossover switch on the amplifier. When set to Low-Pass operation, it functions as a 0 to +18dB variable Bass Boost at 45Hz. When set to High-Pass, it is a 0 to +14dB variable Mid-Bass and Treble Boost at 12.5kHz. When set to All-Pass, the Punch EQ boosts both the bass and treble frequencies.
- Subwoofer Channel: The Punch EQ is a 0 to +18dB 45Hz Bass Boost only control.
- Crossover Switch: The front and rear channels each have a 3-way switch that lets you select Low-Pass (LP), High-Pass (HP), or All-Pass (AP) on the Butterworth crossover. The subwoofer channel has no switch, because it is in LP mode at all times.
- Frequency: The crossover frequency is constantly variable between 50Hz and 250Hz with a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Infrasonic Filter: A switchable 28Hz infrasonic filter can be applied to the subwoofer channel. This filter cuts inaudible audio frequencies below 28Hz that rob amplifier power, and that only a few subwoofers can cleanly reproduce. Turning this filter on will help reduce distortion.
LED Indicators: The amplifier has three types of LED indicators on its top panel:
- Input Clip Indicator: The input clip indicator works in conjunction with the audio source's volume knob. It will illuminate red when the audio source reaches its clipping point.
- Output Clip Indicator: The output clip indicators on each set of outputs work in conjunction with the amplifier's input level knobs. It will illuminate red when the output level has reached the clipping point. When setting the level using test tones, you should adjust the output level until the LED glows blue. If setting the output level using music, the LED should glow blue with only an occasional red indication.
- Power/Protect: The Power LED illuminates blue when the unit is turned on. If the LED turns yellow, a short circuit or too low of an impedance has been detected at the speaker connections. If the LED turns red, the amp has overheated and has shut down.
Left Side of Amplifier:
- Inputs: There are three 4-pin Molex connectors for the front, rear, and subwoofer channels that work with the supplied RCA Input Harnesses. The amp will accept signals from either high-level (speaker) or low-level (RCA) sources. If connected to a high-level input signal, the amp's auto turn-on feature is active.
Note: For high-level input, you can either splice RCA plugs onto the source unit's speaker wires, or cut the RCAs off of the supplied input harnesses and splice on speaker wires from the source unit using the standard wire color code.
- Remote Punch Level Control: This RJ45 jack lets you plug in the optional PLC2 Punch Remote Level Control.
Right Side of Amplifier:
- Power/Remote Terminals: The amplifier's Power, Ground, and Remote terminals are located in a separate plug-in quick connector. The connector has compression terminals that will accept up to 8-gauge wire. When utilizing high-level signals for the auto turn-on feature is active, and the Remote terminal can be used as an output to turn on/off up to two additional amplifiers or other accessories. A small screwdriver (not included) is required to tighten/loosen the compression terminals. Once the wires are installed in the quick connector, the connector can be plugged into the amplifier.
Note: The amplifier does not have built-in fuses, so you will need to install a 100-amp fuse on the power wire no more than 18" from the battery.
- Speaker Outputs: For the front and rear channels, two 4-pin Molex connectors work with the supplied Speaker Output harnesses. The speaker wires can be spliced to the harness' four 16-gauge wires and plugged into the amplifier. The subwoofer channel has a pair of compression terminals that will accept up to 10-gauge wires.
Note: For 2-channel bridged mono operation, the front left + and right - wires and rear left + and right - wires should be used to connect to the speakers (4Ω minimum).
Warranty Terms: Rockford Fosgate Power-series amplifiers carry a two year warranty, when purchased from an Authorized Rockford Fosgate Dealer such as Crutchfield.
Extended Warranty Offer: Rockford Fosgate offers a one-year extended warranty (for a total of 3 years) when the amplifier is installed using a matching Rockford Fosgate installation kit, such as the RFK8 or RFK8i.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked