About the USA Spec BT45-ACU
Add Bluetooth to your Acura
Add Bluetooth to your Acura
You love your Acura and its Live Traffic feature, but you really want the convenience of Bluetooth. USA Spec designed the BT45-ACU adapter for 2005-2009 Acuras with TrafficLink, and the package includes everything you need to install it in your vehicle. It allows your Acura's radio to communicate with any Bluetooth-enabled devices with A2DP audio streaming. You can stream audio from your favorite phone apps (including games), and you'll be able to handle phone calls using the radio's controls or your steering wheel buttons.
The adapter also includes a 2.1-amp USB charging port as well as an auxiliary input for other non-Bluetooth audio devices. It supports text display so you'll see song and artist info on your factory radio.
Don't miss a call
With the latest in Bluetooth technology, the BT45 gives you great sound and works seamlessly with the vehicle's existing audio sources. You can carry on a noise-free conversation in almost any environment, and USA Spec's technology gives you the best possible sound quality. The built-in auto-mute function makes sure you never miss a call.
- lets you talk hands-free and stream music through the factory radio in select Acura vehicles
- includes wiring harness and microphone
- auto-mute keeps you from missing a call
- USB charging port
- auxiliary input for non-Bluetooth devices
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BT45-ACU
What's in the box:
- Add-on Bluetooth interface module
- Microphone (w/ attached 16' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Vehicle/Interface harness (CAS-ACU)
- Owner's Manual
More details on the USA Spec BT45-ACU
Add-On Bluetooth Interface Module (for Acura): The USA Spec BT45-ACU is a Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) Phone & Music Interface for select Acura vehicles. The BT45-ACU lets you add Bluetooth hands-free communication and wireless music streaming to your compatible vehicle's factory radio. It also features an auxiliary input and USB charging port. The USA Spec BT45-ACU includes a hide-away module, external microphone, and wiring harness.
Vehicle Compatibility: The USA Spec BT45-ACU is compatible with select 2005-2009 Acura vehicles with factory navigation & Live Traffic (factory equipped).
Notes: You are able to keep your vehicle's factory installed Navigation, Satellite Radio, CD-changer, RSE (rear entertainment system), USB port, and/or Aux input.
Bluetooth Pairing: The USA Spec BT45-ACU can only be paired and connected to one Bluetooth device at a time. Its compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices such as Apple iPod touch/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, Windows phone, and more.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the USA Spec BT45-ACU.
Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication (HFP): The USA Spec BT45-ACU supports Bluetooth Profile HFP for hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, so you can take (answer/end) phone calls through your vehicle's factory radio.
- Answering a Phone Call: When there is an incoming call, your factory stereo's music will be muted and an audible ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle speakers. You can even have the BT45-ACU announce the caller's phone number through your sound system; and for most text-capable radios if you miss the announcement, you can view the caller's phone number on your factory radio's display. To answer the call, simply press the Tune Up, CH+, or Track/Seek Up button on your factory radio or steering wheel control. To end or reject a call, press the Tune Down, CH-, or Track/Seek Down button on your factory radio or steering wheel control.
- Dialing a Phone Number: In order to dial a phone number, you will still need to use your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone; you cannot dial a number from the factory radio. Once you've dialed a number from your mobile phone, then the call will be automatically transferred to the BT45-ACU and your factory stereo system.
- External Microphone: The USA Spec BT45-ACU includes an
external microphone to carry on your side of the conversation, while the
caller's voice will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. The external
microphone provides better performance in noisy environments than the
integrated microphone found in many factory or aftermarket head units. The
microphone is fitted with a 16' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector that
connects to the BT45-ACU module; it measures 0.9375" (w) x 0.6875" (h) x
1.625" (d). The microphone has a self-adhesive backing to mount it to your
vehicle's driver-side pillar, head-liner trim, or dash (do not mount it to
Note: *If you have a 2007-2009 Acura MDX with Navigation, the BT45-ACU will not auto-mute the radio upon an incoming call. You must manually switch to the XM1 source first in order to answer the call using either the factory radio or steering wheel controls.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The BT45-ACU supports Bluetooth Profiles A2DP and AVRCP for wireless audio streaming from a Bluetooth-enabled device that can also be controlled from the buttons on your vehicle's factory radio or steering wheel; in some cases you can also view song/artist information on your factory radio's display.
- Wireless Music Streaming: You can stream music stored on your Bluetooth enabled device or stream music apps (such as Pandora, SiriusXM Radio, iHeartRadio, etc.) that are playing on your Bluetooth device to your vehicle's sound system (all speakers will play).
- Music Control: You can control Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track functions from your vehicle's factory radio or steering wheel controls (other control functions will have to be done from your Bluetooth enabled device). You can control the volume of the music being streamed via your factory radio and steering wheel controls, or the Bluetooth device.
- Song/Artist Information: In many cases, you can view artist,
album, and song title information on your factory radio's display. In order
to view song/artist information on your factory radio's display, your
factory radio and your Bluetooth-enabled device must meet the following
- Your factory radio must have an XM button; a satellite radio does not need to be activated, nor does the satellite radio tuner need to be present.
- If you are using a Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod touch/iPhone/iPad, then it must be running iOS 6 or higher. If you are using a Bluetooth-enabled Android smartphone/tablet, then it must be running Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) or higher operating system.
- Your device's Bluetooth AVRCP profiles must be 1.4 or higher.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the USA Spec BT45-ACU is fitted with an auxiliary audio input (3.5mm) for connection of practically any portable audio device with a headphone jack output or analog audio output.
USB Charging Port: The USA Spec BT45-ACU features a USB (type-A) port to charge your smartphone or other portable audio device in your vehicle. Because the BT45-ACU is a hide-away device, you'll want to purchase a USB extension cable (sold separately) to make the unit's USB charging port accessible. The USB charging port is rated at 5V/2.1A.
Note: This USB port is for charging only; it does not support music streaming.
Dip Switches: There are 4 dip switches that will need to be configured to match the type of factory radio you have; Navigation or Non-Navigation.
Installation: The USA Spec BT45-ACU installs either behind the glovebox, in the trunk or underneath the factory subwoofer (based on type of vehicle and where the XM Satellite Radio tuner is located).
The USA Spec BT45-ACU replaces these items
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- connect, control, and charge an iPod directly from your compatible Acura factory radio
- Direct Mode lets you access iPod playlists
2 questions already asked