About the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Ford
You can take it with you. Just because you've got a factory radio in your Ford, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod (and the hours and hours of music it contains) at home. Just install USA Spec's iPod interface — it not only allows you to listen to all your favorite tunes through your car's speakers, it even lets you control song and playlist selections right from your radio. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more.
Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the adapter cable to your compatible Ford factory radio. Plug your iPod into the interface — you can control volume, source, song selection, and up to five different play lists right from the radio. USA Spec's Direct Mode lets your passenger control the tunes using the iPod itself. The interface charges most iPods while connected, and you'll get a handy auxiliary input for connecting an MP3 player or another source.
You'll get a handy auxiliary input for connecting other sources, such as a satellite radio or another type of MP3 player.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle.
Compatibility Note: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone device with a Lightning connector, then you will also need Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod connection adapter for select 2005-up Ford factory stereos with an active satellite tuner
- manage the iPod via your radio's satellite radio controls, but you'll retain the use of your satellite radio
- adjust volume, track up/down, fast forward/rewind
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- Hybrid Mode allows you to control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA15-Ford2
What's in the box:
- PA15-Ford2 iPod-to-Ford interface module
- CB-PA105 6' iPod interface cable (with an Apple iPod connector on one end and a proprietary 10-pin connector on other end)
- 16' Vehicle harness (CDL-FORDx)
- Preliminary Owner's Manual
More details on the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Ford
Overview: The USA Spec PA15-FORD2 iPod-to-Ford car stereo interface allows a compatible iPod with a dock connector to be connected to and controlled by the factory radio (with Satellite Radio tuner) in select Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles. If you vehicle is not equipped with a Sirius Satellite Radio tuner, the USA SPEC PA15-FORD1 (581P15FRD1, sold separately) must be used.
Vehicle Compatibility: This interface enables a compatible iPod to exist with a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury factory radio (with Satellite Radio tuner) and control your iPod via the vehicle's factory radio and steering wheel controls, or the iPod's click-wheel/touch-screen. Non-navigation radios must have both Aux and Text buttons for the PA15-FORD2 interface to function properly. Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
iPod Compatibility: The PA15-FORD2 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury factory radio (as of 10/2/2013):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- *Requires Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
iPod Control: The USA Spec PA15-FORD2's on-board software translates commands from your factory radio's Sirius control into commands that will control your connected iPod. There are two modes of controlling your iPod:
- Folder Mode: Access four folders (Playlist, Artist, Album, All Songs) on your iPod from your factory radio's Sirius Satellite Radio presets 1-4.
- Direct Mode: All the controls on the iPod are unlocked, giving you total control remotely; the radio still has basic controls; track up, track down, fast forward, and fast reverse. Direct Mode is accessed from your factory radio's Sirius Satellite Radio preset 5.
Note: Direct Mode allows you to play music streamed from Pandora.com and Sirius/XM Online from a connected iPhone or iPod touch through your factory radio.
iPod Text: The Artist name, song title album name, and playlist text can be displayed on the radio when using the Folder control mode.
Battery Charge: The PA15-FORD2 charges iPod battery when connected. Charging stops automatically half-an-hour after your iPod is paused.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA15-FORD2, there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected. The aux input is enabled by setting the DIP switch #1 on the side of the interface adapter to the "On" position. The auxiliary source is accessed on the factory using Satellite Radio preset 6.