About the USA SPEC iPod® Interface for Honda
You can take it with you. Just because you've got a factory radio in your Honda or Acura, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod (and the hours and hours of music it contains) at home. Just install USA SPEC's iPod interface — it not only allows you to listen to all your favorite tunes through your car's speakers, it even lets you control song and playlist selections right from your radio. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more.
Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the adapter cable to the CD changer input on your compatible Honda/Acura factory radio. Plug your iPod into the interface — you can control volume, source, song selection, and up to five different play lists right from the radio. And the interface charges your iPod while it's connected.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle. As the iPod interface uses the CD changer port, any existing changer that you have must be disconnected.
Compatibility Note: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone device with a Lightning connector, then you will also need Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod connection adapter for select Honda factory stereos
- manage the iPod via your radio's CD changer controls
- adjust volume, track up/down, fast forward/rewind
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- Dual Mode allows you to control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA11-HON
What's in the box:
- iPod to Honda interface
- 72" CB-PA85 iPod to interface cable
- 48" CB-H78 Radio-interface cable
- Owner's manual
More details on the USA SPEC iPod® Interface for Honda
Overview: This adapter allows an iPod with a dock connector to be connected to and controlled by the factory radio in select Honda, Acura, Volvo, and Mercedes vehicles. Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
iPod Compatibility: The PA-11HON is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Honda, Acura, Volvo, or Mercedes factory radio (as of 3/4/2015):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Control Modes: The iPod interface adapter features the following control modes.
- Playlist Mode: You can create up to 5 favorite mobile playlist then use your radio's CD changer controls to access and control your playlist.
- Direct Mode: Gives you complete control of your iPod while it is connected to the factory radio. Your iPod is not locked out while connected to the radio and you are able to manually access your complete iPod content. The Radio still can adjust song up/down random or shuffle play but you can manually control your iPod and select any playlist, genre or Artist of your choice.
- Dual Mode: Combines features of Direct Mode and Playlist Mode. You can create and access your favorite mobile playlist or directly access all your iPod content manually on your iPod. Your iPod displays song title information and iPod is not locked, so the iPod can be operated manually at all times. (May be referred to as "Hybrid Mode" in some manuals.)
App Streaming (in Direct Mode): Direct mode also lets you listen to the sound from your iPhone's downloaded music apps (such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, etc.) through your factory head unit & speakers. You will continue to control your iPhone's apps & view song/artist information from its touchscreen.
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need applicable music service accounts.
Playlist Names: In order for the adapter/factory radio to recognize a playlist, it must be named HONDA1... through HONDA5... Text can follow the Honda name and number, such as HONDA3_artistname or HONDA2-jazz. If no designated "HONDA" playlists are created, the interface automatically relates to the first five available playlists on the iPod to DISC number 1 to 5 regardless of Playlist's naming.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA11-HON there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. The aux input is accessed at disc 6 track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected. When using the aux input the Play All mode is moved to the Disc 5 slot and the HONDA5 custom playlist is lost. To use the auxiliary input on the interface, dip switch #1 is set to the "Off" position.
Controls: Use the Radio's Disc Select controls to access the 5 custom mobile playlists, the Play All mode, and the auxiliary input. Track select, forward and backward, works just like on a CD. Other commands include shuffle play, scan (plays first 10 seconds of each track), repeat play, Fast Track Search (skips forward or backward 10 tracks), and Fast Forward/Fast Reverse within a song (available in shuffle mode only).
Battery Charge: The PA11-HON charges the iPod battery when connected.
CD Changer Port: The adapter uses the factory radio's CD Changer port so if the vehicle has an existing outboard CD Changer it must be disconnected.
Pause: When a non iPod source is selected on the radio (AM/FM/Cass/CD) the iPod pauses.
Resume: If the iPod is not disconnected after use, it will resume playing where it left off when you restart the vehicle. If you're listening to a Honda playlist portably and you plug the iPod into the adapter, playback continues from the previous spot.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked