About the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Acura
You have a factory radio in your Acura, but that doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod at home. Install USA Spec's iPod interface and listen to your favorite tunes through your car's speakers. You can control song selection, and access up to six different playlists right from the radio, including shuffle mode. The interface also charges your iPod or iPhone™ while it's connected. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more. The interface also includes an auxiliary input for connecting another source to your factory radio.
Note: While most iPods will work with this interface, you should check the "Details" tab to see if your iPod is compatible.
This interface works with most 2007-up Acura radios with the navigation option and the Live Traffic feature. This adapter allows you to keep your factory satellite radio or in-dash 6-disc changer. Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle.
- iPod connection adapter for select Acura factory stereos with navigation and Live Traffic
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- track up/down, fast-forward, reverse, and shuffle play
- use up to six playlists (select six favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first six on your iPod)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA15 ACUXL
What's in the box:
- PA15-ACUxl iPod to Honda/Acura interface
- 6' iPod to interface cable (CB-PA105)
- 15' Interface to OEM radio cable (CDL-ACU)
- Owner's manual
More details on the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Acura
Overview: The USA SPEC PA15-ACUxl interface connects a compatible iPod to select Acura audio systems. Its on-board software translates commands from your Acura radio's in-dash CD-changer or XM controls into commands the iPod understands. This interface enables the iPod to coexist with your Acura factory system and provides a line-level input to your Acura's audio system for optimal sound quality. Please consult the Crutchfield Car Selector to see if your vehicle is compatible.
iPod Charging: The iPod's internal battery is charged whenever it's connected to the PA15-ACUxl; charging stops automatically 30 minutes after the ignition is turned off or the iPod is paused.
iPod Compatibility: The PA15-ACUxl is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Acura factory radio (as of 3/4/2015):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
- *Requires Apple Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (472LTN230P, sold separately) or cable (472LT30PAD, sold separately).
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Controls: There are two modes of controlling your iPod:
- Folder Mode: access four folders (Playlist, Artist, Album, and Song) on your iPod from your Acura radio
- Direct Mode: all the controls on the iPod are unlocked, giving you total control remotely; the radio still has basic controls; track up, track down, fast forward, and fast reverse
App Streaming (in Direct Mode): Direct mode also lets you listen to the sound from your iPhone's downloaded music apps (such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, etc.) through your factory head unit & speakers. You will continue to control your iPhone's apps & view song/artist information from its touchscreen. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need applicable music service accounts.
iPod Text: The Artist name and song title text can be displayed on the radio when using the Folder control mode.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA15-ACUxl there is an auxiliary input (RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, etc. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected.
Vehicle Compatibility: This interface enables your iPod to co-exist with the factory navigation, CD changer, XM radio receiver, and DVD system of many Acura vehicles; please check the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm compatibility.
1 question already asked