About the USA Spec iPod® Interface for GM
You can take it with you. Just because you've got a factory radio in your Chevrolet Corvette or Cadillac, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod or iPhone® (and the hours and hours of music it contains) at home. Just install USA Spec's iPod interface — it not only allows you to listen to all your favorite tunes through your car's speakers, it even lets you control song and playlist selections right from your radio. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more.
Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the adapter cable to rear of your compatible factory radio — you won't have to disconnect your CD changer or satellite radio. Plug your iPod into the interface, and you can control volume, source, song selection, and up to five different playlists right from the radio or with your steering wheel audio controls. Or you can switch to "Direct Mode" and use your iPod to access all your songlists. The interface charges your iPod while it's connected.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle.
Compatibility Note: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone device with a Lightning connector, then you will also need Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod connection adapter for select GMC/Cadillac/Corvette factory stereos
- adjust volume, track up/down, fast forward/rewind
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- Dual Mode allows you to control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- works with iPhone, including iPhone 3G
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA15-VETTE
What's in the box:
- PA15-VETTE iPod to GM interface module
- 5' CAS-GM2exT cable
- 10' CAS-GM2exT cable
- 13" GAS-M2x harness
- 6' iPod to interface cable (CB-PA105)
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Guide
More details on the USA Spec iPod® Interface for GM
Overview: This interface adapter (PA15-VETTE) connects a compatible iPod or iPhone directly to select GM car audio systems for optimal playback sound quality. This interface allows your iPod or iPhone to co-exist with GM navigation, CD-changer, XM radio, or DVD system; and controls your iPod or iPhone via both the in-dash radio and steering wheel controls. The adapter's on-board software translates commands from your GM radio's CD-changer controls or XM Band controls into commands for your connected iPod or iPhone. The USA Spec iPod-to-GM Interface (PA15-VETTE) offers the following features.
- Directs the iPod's audio output to your GM's vehicle audio system for optimal sound quality playback.
- Supports your iPhone's audio streaming apps, such as Pandora, Livio, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM & more (in Direct mode only).
- Controls the iPod via vehicle's radio and steering wheel controls (when applicable).
- Charges the iPod's internal battery, and charging stops automatically half-hour after the iPod is paused. The iPod goes into sleep mode when charging stops.
Vehicle Compatibility Chart: Compatible vehicles include -
iPod Compatibility: The PA15-VETTE is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible GM factory radio (as of 3/4/2015):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
iPod Text: Artist name and song title can be displayed on your factory radio using the GM radio's XM band. Some GM radios will only allow disc number and track number to be displayed.
Operation Modes: The iPod interface adapter features the following modes of operation.
- Direct Mode: In the Direct Mode, the LCD screen and the controls of your iPod or iPhone remain functional. In this mode, you can control your iPod or iPhone's music using the iPod or iPhone's click-wheel or touch-screen. You also have track up/down controls from the GM radio. No text will be displayed on the factory radio in this mode. In addition, Direct Mode allows the playing of streaming music applications, such as Pandora.com, and SIRIUS XM Online radio from your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Folder Mode: Folder Mode allows you to access 4 folders - Playlist, Artist, Songs, and Album on your iPod or iPhone from the GM radio. Your iPod or iPhone's folders are accessed with the factory radio's preset buttons. You will be able to view artist and song title information on the LCD display of your factory radio. Your iPod and iPhone's screen and controls will be locked.
- Playlist Mode: This mode allows you to access Playlists and Songs on your iPod or iPhone from the GM radio. When the iPod or iPhone is connected to the GM factory radio via the PA15-VETTE, the interface scans all available Playlists and folders on your iPod/iPhone and will automatically assign the first 4 Playlists in alphabetical order (they must be Playlists you created in iTunes). Your iPod and iPhone's screen and controls will be locked during connection. The factory headunit will not display artist name or song title information.
Note: To switch between Operation Modes, you will need to configure the dip switches (1-4) on the side of the interface.
App Streaming (in Direct Mode): Direct mode also lets you listen to the sound from your iPhone's downloaded music apps (such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, etc.) through your factory head unit & speakers. You will continue to control your iPhone's apps & view/song artist information from its touchscreen.
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need applicable music service accounts.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA15-VETTE, there is an auxiliary input (stereo RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, or game system. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected. To use the auxiliary input on the interface, dip switch #1 must be set to the "On" position.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked