About the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Toyota
You have a factory radio in your Toyota, but that doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod at home. Install USA Spec's iPod interface and listen to your favorite tunes through your car's speakers. You can control song selection, and up to five different playlists right from the radio, including shuffle mode. And with your iPhone® connected, you can even stream music from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livio Radio, iHeartRadio, and more. The interface also charges your iPod while it's connected. This interface offers an onscreen menu that works particularly well with 2007-up Toyota and Lexus vehicles with navigation, but it works well with non-navigation vehicles too.
Please enter your vehicle information or call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to find out if this adapter is compatible with your vehicle.
Compatibility Note: If you have a newer iPod/iPhone device with a Lightning connector, then you will also need Apple's Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Be sure to check "Hands-on Research" for specific iPod model compatibility with this iPod adapter.
- iPod control adapter for select Toyota and Lexus factory stereos
- track up/down, fast-forward, reverse, and shuffle play
- use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
- when iPhone is connected, you can stream tunes from popular Internet services like PANDORA®, Livo Radio, and iHeartRadio
- Dual Mode lets you control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists
- compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
- auxiliary input (RCA connectors) for another audio source
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PA20-TOY
What's in the box:
- PA20-TOY iPod-to-Toyota/Lexus/Scion interface
- 6' iPod to interface cable (CB-PA105)
- 4' Adapter to Toyota radio interface (CAS-TYi)
- 8" Adapter cable (CAS-TA)
- Owner's manual
- Radio display diagram
More details on the USA Spec iPod® Interface for Toyota
Overview: This interface connects a compatible iPod to select Toyota, Lexus, and Scion audio systems. Its on-board software translates commands from your Toyota radio's CD-changer controls into commands the iPod understands. This interface enables the iPod to take the place of a Toyota CD-changer or co-exist with a factory Toyota slave CD-changer and provides the following benefits:
- Directs the iPod's audio output to your Toyota's vehicle audio system for optimal sound quality playback.
- Supports your iPhone's audio streaming apps, such as Pandora, Livio, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM & more (in Direct mode only).
- Controls the iPod via vehicle's radio and steering wheel controls (when applicable).
- Charges the iPod's internal battery, and charging stops automatically at one hour after the iPod is paused. The iPod goes into sleep mode when charging stops.
Specific Features: The PA20-TOY is recommended for Toyota/Lexus vehicles with Factory Navigation systems. On-screen Song Title, Artist, and Song Selection from the menu is available on all factory Toyota and Lexus vehicles with Nav.
Vehicle Compatibility: The PA20-TOY interface is compatible with the following vehicles:
- 1998-2008 4Runner
- 1998-2008 Avalon
- 1998-2008 Camry
- 1998-2008 Corolla, Echo
- 2007-2008 FJ Cruiser
- 2001-2008 Highlander
- 1998-2008 Land Cruiser (2001-03 requires CAS-TLC cable)
- 2005-2008 Matrix
- 1998-2004 MR2, Celica
- 2004-2007 Prius
- 1998-2007 RAV4
- 1998-2007 Sequoia
- 1998-2007 Sienna (98-02 requires CAS-TLC to retain steering wheel controls)
- 1998-2007 Solara
- 1998-2007 Tacoma
- 1998-2007 Tundra
- 2007-2008 Yaris
- 2002-2008 ES 300/330/350 (2002-03 requires CAS-LEX cable)
- 2002-2008 GS 300/350/400/450 (2002-03 requires CAS-LEX cable)
- 2003-2008 GX 470
- 2001-2008 IS 250/300/350 (2001-05 requires CAS-LEX cable)
- 2004-2007 LX 470
- 2001-2008 RS 300/330/350/400H (2001-03 NAV only requires CAS-LEX cable)
- Scion: All model years
iPod Compatibility: The PA20-TOY is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features when connected to a compatible Toyota, Lexus, or Scion factory radio (as of 3/4/2015):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Operation Modes: The iPod interface adapter features the following modes of operation.
- Playlist Mode: You can create up to 6 favorite mobile playlist then use your radio's CD changer controls to access and control your playlist.
- Direct Mode: Gives you complete control of your iPod while it is connected to the factory radio. Your iPod is not locked out while connected to the radio and you are able to manually access your complete iPod content. The Radio still can adjust song up/down random or shuffle play but you can manually control your iPod and select any playlist, genre or Artist of your choice.
- Hybrid Mode: Combines features of Direct Mode and Playlist Mode. You can create and access your favorite mobile playlist or directly access all your iPod content manually on your iPod. Your iPod displays song title information and iPod is not locked, so the iPod can be operated manually at all times. (Some iPods may not work in the Hybrid mode.)
App Streaming (in Direct Mode): Direct mode also lets you listen to the sound from your iPhone's downloaded music apps (such as Pandora, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, etc.) through your factory head unit & speakers. You will continue to control your iPhone's apps & view song/artist information from its touchscreen.
Note: Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need applicable music service accounts.
iPod Text: Pressing the TEXT button on your factory Toyota radio while your iPod plays in the Playlist mode, allows the artist name and song title to be displayed on your factory radio. The Artist name is displayed at the first time press of the TEXT button and song title is displayed at the second time press of the TEXT button. The Playlist disc number and track number will be displayed at the third time press of the TEXT button.
Note: Track search by artist, song title or album are not supported. Some of the older design Toyota radios do not have the TEXT button feature.
iPod Playback: All audio tracks on the iPod will be played with text display at Disc 7 in Direct Mode, or Disc 8 without text display. The track order is determined by the default order on the iPod. Selecting discs 1 through 6 on the factory radio will allow playback of 6 playlists on the iPod. You can select a playlist by pressing the Disc Up or Disc Down buttons. Playlists which are created for direct access must be designated with the word "TOYOTA" and the disc number. If no "TOYOTA" playlists are designated, the first six playlists on the iPod are accessible from the Disc 1 through Disc 6 buttons.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to the iPod input on the PA20-TOY there is an auxiliary input (stereo RCA) for use with another source, such as a DVD system, satellite radio, or game system. The aux input is selected at CD 9 Track 1 using the factory radio controls. This aux input can be used with or without the iPod connected. To use the auxiliary input on the interface, dip switch #1 must be set to the "On" position.
Controls: The factory radio's controls give you access to the following iPod functions:
- Scan: plays first 10 seconds of each track (if scan is pressed at Disc 7, it will play all songs in the iPod for 10 seconds each)
- Random (Shuffle): songs are played back in random order (some radios have a "P scan" button for this function)
- Track Up/Down: the "Next" button advances to the next track in the playlist; the "Prev" button allows you to jump to the beginning of the currently playing song
- Fast Track Search: the "Fwd" or "Rev" button will advance or retreat through the tracks in increments of 10 (i.e. 04, 14, 24...).
Note: Repeat play is not supported by this interface. Switching to another source, such as AM/FM, CD, or Cassette, puts the iPod into pause mode.
USA Spec Bluetooth Interface Compatible: The USA Spec PA20-TOY works with the USA SPEC BT35-TOY Bluetooth interface (sold separately). They simply daisy chain together.
3 questions already asked