About the Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST
The party starts with your voice
What's not to like? Voice control and big, 360° sound.
The party starts with your voice
The big, bad Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST portable speaker can bring the bass to the party. It's got Amazon Alexa built in. Just say, “Alexa, play my super bass playlist." The MEGABLAST delivers solid, 360° sound with plenty of volume. And it's both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-compatible. So if you just want to stream straight from your smartphone, no problem. The brawny MEGABLAST is waterproof and dustproof — so it's right at home poolside, at the beach, or on the slopes.
Built-in Alexa voice control
Use the free Ultimate Ears app to connect your MEGABLAST to your Wi-Fi network. Then set up Alexa. If you subscribe to Amazon Music, Pandora®, or Sirius XM you've got a ton of tracks you can call up with just your voice. Or use iHeartRadio or TuneIn to play you're your favorite radio station. Alexa can also give you news, weather, and sports updates. You can even control smart home products from brands such as Nest, and Wemo®, and more.
You'll need Wi-Fi access to use Alexa — and the MEGABLAST has you covered. It has a Wi-Fi range of up to 330 feet, so you can take the party outside. And the speaker works with your smartphone's Wi-Fi hotspot for true mobility.
Mics for commands and conversations
The MEGABLAST has a mic array to hear you from anywhere in the room — even when it's playing music. Plus, the MEGABLAST can use those mics to serve as a speakerphone for your paired smartphone.
Two 1" tweeters and two 2-1/8" midrange drivers crank out clean, clear sound. Dual 3-3/8" x 1-15/16" passive radiators ensure you've got plenty of bass. And the system delivers a full 360° soundfield. So no matter where you stand, your music will sound good.
Ready for anything
The MEGABLAST has IP67 protection rating against dust and liquid, which means it can be submerged in water down to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. The built-in rechargeable batteries can keep the music playing for up to 16 hours. They just might last longer than you do. And with the optional Ultimate Ears POWER UP charging dock (available separately), recharging your speaker is a snap.
- built-in Bluetooth 3.0 for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- 150-foot Bluetooth range
- built-in Wi-Fi with maximum range of 330 ft.
- frequency response: 60Hz - 20,000Hz
- two 1" tweeters, two 2-1/16" mid-range drivers, and two 3-3/8" x 1-15/16" passive radiators for 360° sound
- built-in array of far-field microphones
- hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- IP67-rated waterproof, dirt-proof, and shockproof
- Amazon Alexa voice control built-in
- control music selections
- volume, play, pause, skip and repeat functions
- access to Alexa skills, such as weather reports, smart home commands, and more
- Ultimate Ears app
- available from iTunes App Store® and Google Play
- pair your speaker with a Wi-Fi network
- activate Amazon Alexa
- control speaker volume
- pair up to 8 MEGABLASTs
- check battery status
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 16 hours
- detachable D-ring
- USB charging cable
- 3-9/16"W x 9-5/16"H x 3-11/16"D
- AC power adapter
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- requires a high-speed internet connection for initial setup and Alexa control
- MFR # 984-000912
What's in the box:
- Wireless speaker
- AC/USB power adapter
- 4' microUSB-to-USB cable
- D-ring (pre-installed)
- Quick Start Guide
Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST reviews
Speaker is great! App to set it up is not very good. Should be very simple but it is not and the speaker only comes with a very short 3 illustration pamphlet to instruct you on its features and how to set it up. Not nearly enough information on the set up process!
Pros: Very good sound
Cons: Set up app is lousy. Alexa some times is not responsive when the volume is turned up.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Very clear sound. A bit on the lean side. Decent bass. Best listened to at moderate volumes. Charging base is a must-have (and overpriced). I use it both indoors and outdoors. Overall, this speaker has the best sound out of the ten or so I auditioned at another retailer.
Pros: Clear sound
Cons: Need to shout at Alexa
0 of 0 found this helpful
Excellent sound quality and easy for my wife to take her music outside with no fuss. Life is good :)
0 of 0 found this helpful
Excellent sound,Love being able to take it out to the porch with no fuss the charging base keeps it ready at all times, I think it is very attractive. I t would be nice if Alexa was a little more sensitive.
Pros: Sound is excellent, I love being able to take it with me to the porch without any fuss, the charge plate is very good and keeps the unit charged at all times,very good looking !
Cons: I wish Alexa was a little bit more sensitive.
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Ultimate Ears MEGABLAST
360° Omni-Directional Sound: The Ultimate Ears (UE) MegaBlast wireless speaker features two 1" tweeters, two 2.125" midrange drivers, and dual 3.375" x 1.9375" passive radiators wrapped around the speaker enclosure for an immersive 360° sound.
Water & Dust Proof: The Ultimate Ears MegaBlast wireless speaker is water and dust proof. The XP67-rating allows it to be immersed in liquid up to 1m for up to 30 minutes. So feel free to take it by the pool, out to the beach, or even camping. If the speaker is exposed to chlorine or salt water, rinse with fresh water and air dry completely before charging.
Dual-Band WiFi: The Ultimate Ears MegaBlast comes ready to connect to your home's wireless network router with built-in, dual-band (2.4GHZ/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n) for a fast, reliable wireless connection. The UE MegaBlast has a WiFi wireless range of approximately 330'.
Setup Apps: To setup and get the most out of the Ultimate Ears (UE) MegaBlast, you'll need download the Ultimate Ears App and the Amazon Alexa App onto your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device.
- Ultimate Ears App: Download the free Ultimate Ears App onto your Apple iOS 10.0+ or Android OS 5.0+ device to connect the UE MegaBlast to your WiFi network, activate Amazon Alexa, and personalize the wireless speaker. From the app, you can also control the volume of the UE MegaBlast; as well as check battery level, connectivity, and other important settings.
- Amazon Alexa App: With the free Alexa App on your Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 5.0+, you can easily setup the UE MegaBlast with your Amazon account and Alexa. Interactions with Alexa are mirrored visually on your compatible mobile device through the app, providing more information as you want it. The Amazon Alexa App lets you easily manage your alarms & timers, music content, smart home devices, shopping lists, and more from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Amazon Alexa w/ Far-Field Voice Recognition: The UE MegaBlast features built-in Alexa, as well as multiple integrated microphones with beam forming technology and noise cancellation that enable a smooth far-field voice recognition and control experience (no additional Echo device required). When you want to use the UE MegaBlast, simply say the wake word, "Alexa," and the speaker lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognize and respond to your request instantly. Once you say "Alexa", the audio stream includes a fraction of a second of audio before the wake word, and closes once your question or request has been processed. The more you use the UE MegaBlast, the more Alexa will adapt to your speech patterns, vocabulary, and personal preferences.
- Music & Radio: The Ultimate Ears MegaBlast provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music (Prime subscription required), Pandora, TuneIn, SiriusXM & iHeartRadio. You can also upload your personal music collection from iTunes, Google Play Music, and more to your music library on Amazon and then stream your music to the UE MegaBlast. Simply ask for your favorite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you. Music services may require account setup or subscription.
- Home Entertainment Control: Amazon Alexa now offers home entertainment skills for select multiroom audio systems - including Sonos, Heos by Denon, & Yamaha MusicCast (all sold separately). You'll be able to control key functions of these systems by simply using voice commands.
- Smart Home: The UE MegaBlast works with devices such as lights, outlets, thermostats, door locks, and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Insteon, Nest, ecobbe, Wink, and more. Control multiple devices at scheduled times or with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights when you go to bed. Some products work directly with Alexa and other smart home ecosystems require a compatible hub.
- IFTTT: The UE MegaBlast with Alexa supports IFTTT, or "IF This, Then That," a third-party service that automates how your devices, apps, and websites work with each other through rules. After you activate an Applet through the IFTTT website, Alexa can then trigger that IFTTT Applet when you interact with the UE MegaBlast.
- News & Information: The UE MegaBlast with Alexa can help you stay connected to the news that matters most to you - like world & local news, traffic, weather, sports, and movie times. Flash Briefing lets you put together a personalized lineup of updates from news sources like NPR, CNN, Fox News, and CNET.
- Amazon Prime Shopping: If you're a Prime member, Alexa has exclusive deals for you every day on everything from home goods to electronics. Amazon Prime members can ask Alexa to order eligible products ordered before, many Prime products, and digital music tracks and albums. Your default payment and shipping settings will be used to place your order. You can require a speakable confirmation code, turn purchasing off, and see product and order details in your Alexa App. Just like orders placed through Amazon.com, orders placed through Alexa are subject to Amazon's Conditions of Use & Privacy Notice.
- Questions & Answers + Fun & Games: The UE MegaBlast with Alexa taps into Yelp to provide you with info on local restaurants, shops, and other businesses. It also makes a great calculator and dictionary. You can even get fast facts on all type of topics from Wikipedia. Alexa also offers funny jokes and fun games for the family.
- The Ultimate Ears (UE) MegaBlast does not support Alexa Calling & Messaging, or Alexa Multiroom Audio.
- You can mute the integrated microphones of the UE MegaBlast for more privacy. The speaker will not respond to the wake word "Alexa", until you un-mute the microphones.
Skills: Skills are voice-driven capabilities that enhance the functionality of the UE MegaBlast with Alexa. The EU MegaBlast uses tens of thousands of skills and counting; new skills are being added all the time. You can search for and enable skills in the Alexa app or from the Alexa Skills store on the website. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App. To use an Alexa skill, first enable the skill, and then make your request based on the example phrases shown in the app. If you know the exact name of the skill you want, you can say, "Enable [skill name] skill." Some skills may require you to link to an existing account and a separate subscription in order to use the skill.
Note: At this time, you cannot customize which content is available on specific devices. For example, music, skills, shopping lists are available on all Alexa devices registered to the same account as the content.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Built-in support for Bluetooth audio streaming allows you to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on a Bluetooth source device (such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the UE MegaBlast speaker. You will control music playback functions from your Bluetooth source device (not the speaker). You can pair up to 8 devices, but only one device can be connected for playback at a time. Once paired, the UE MegaBlast will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 150').
Note: The UE MegaBlast does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for making and receiving phone calls.
Rechargeable Battery: The UE MegaBlast has a built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery that provides up to 16 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the included 4' microUSB-to-USB cable and USB/AC power adapter, or the optional charging dock (96POWERUP, sold separately). Charging time is approximately 3 hours. The speaker's battery level can be checked through the Ultimate Ears app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
Auto Updates: Because the Ultimate Ears (UE) MegaBlast is always connected to the internet, updates are delivered automatically.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?