About the Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM
Bring BIG sound everywhere
Bring BIG sound everywhere
The UE MEGABOOM (pictured in blue) is IXP7-certified waterproof, delivers 360° sound, and keeps the party going with 20 hours of battery life.
True to its name, the Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM packs a powerful punch. Your phone or tablet supplies the tunes wirelessly as the speaker pumps out party-fueling 360° sound. It goes all night long with up to 20 hours of battery life. But this beast of a Bluetooth speaker can also travel anywhere.
First off, it weighs less than two pounds. It's also cleverly designed — you can grab and carry the speaker as easily as your favorite beverage. And the UE MEGABOOM is stain-resistant and IPX7-certified waterproof. That means you can enjoy it at the beach, the pool, or even while relaxing in the tub or shower.
Pair up and party with 100 feet of Bluetooth range
While the UE MEGABOOM excels on bass-heavy tracks, this speaker can handle your whole playlist. Just press play. Two 2" full-range drivers cover the highs and mids, while two passive radiators reinforce the low frequencies. Meanwhile, you can just set the speaker down, then move around and mingle. With up to 100 feet of wireless Bluetooth range, you're not tethered to the speaker with your phone.
Listen in stereo or double the volume
Still not enough boom? Wait, really? Okay. With the Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM app for iOS® and Android™, you can stream simultaneously to two MEGABOOMs and nearly double the volume. Or use the app to make them a stereo pair for a really fun listening experience. The app also lets you adjust EQ or set an alarm.
You gonna answer that call?
If someone calls and interrupts the music, you can answer it right on the MEGABOOM. It doubles as a speakerphone. Give your friends directions, ask them to bring more ice, and get back to the tunes. You'll hear the person on the other end clearly, and the MEGABOOM's built-in microphone lets you talk to them with ease.
- built-in Bluetooth streams music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible device
- wireless range: 100'
- omnidirectional 360° sound dispersion
- two 2" full-range drivers and two 2" x 4" passive radiators
- waterproof down to 3 feet, while submerged for up to 30 minutes
- NFC (Near Field Communication) one-touch pairing with compatible device
- tap controls for play and skip
- built-in microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- pair 2 devices simultaneously
- play 2 MEGABOOMs from a single source with free Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM app (available at iTunes® app store and Google Play store)
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 20 hours
- stereo minijack auxiliary input
- micro USB charging cable
- 3-5/16" diameter x 8-15/16"H
- weight: 1.93 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 984-000484
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth speaker
- AC/USB power adapter
- 4' micro-USB to USB cable
- Important Information
More details on the Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM
Bluetooth Technology: The UE MegaBoom is a self-powered, portable Bluetooth speaker that is ideal for your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows PC, Mac computer, and more. It supports Bluetooth A2DP (1.2) music streaming and Bluetooth HFP (1.5) hands-free communication.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: Stream stored music and music apps wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled Apple iOS device, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, computer/laptop, and more to the MegaBoom speaker. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to navigate your music and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication: The UE MegaBoom features an integrated dual microphone so you can use the UE MegaBoom as a wireless speakerphone for your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone; such as iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, and more. The UE MeagBoom will automatically pause the music to let you take your phone call. You can even use Siri (for Apple iPhone) or Google Voice (for Android smartphones) to make a call. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the UE MegaBoom.
Multi-Device Pairing + NFC: Up to 8 Bluetooth enabled devices can be paired with this unit and up to 3 Bluetooth audio devices can be connected simultaneously in Block Party Mode. Block Party Mode lets you and your friends take turns wirelessly streaming and playing the music you love through the speaker. Android OS 4.0+ devices that have Near Field Communication (NFC) can pair by simply touching the Android device's NFC tag to the MegaBoom speaker's NFC tag. Once paired, the UE MegaBoom will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 100').
360-Degree Sound: The UE MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker is equipped with two 2" drivers and two 2" x 4" passive radiators wrapped around the speaker enclosure for an immersive 360-degree sound.
IPX7-Rated Waterproof: The UE MegaBoom is XP7-Rated waterproof. It can be immersed in liquid up to 1m for up to 30 minutes. So feel free to take it by the pool, out to the beach, or even camping.
MegaBoom App (for Apple iOS or Android): You can download the MegaBoom app onto your Apple iOS 6.0+ device (from the App Store) or Android OS 4.0.3 device (from Google Play) for added features. The MegaBoom app provides remote control, Stereo or Double Sound speaker configuration, customizable 5-band EQ, and a wake-up timer.
- Remote Control: Use the app as a remote control to adjust the volume and power on and off the UE MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker.
- Link Speakers: Setup up playback of two UE MegaBoom speakers simultaneously from one device. The two speakers can be set up so each speaker plays back both left and right channels (Double Sound), or setup so one speaker acts as the left channel and the other plays the right channel (Stereo). You can even choose Party Mode to link up to 150 UE MegaBoom, Boom, or Boom 2 speakers together.
- Customizable 5-Band EQ: Use the fully customizable 5-band equalizer to custom-tune the sound of the MegaBoom Bluetooth speaker to your listening preference.
- Wake Up Timer: The UE MegaBoom can be set to wake you up with your favorite song from your Bluetooth-enabled device's stored music library, configured Spotify playlist, a created Pandora station, and more. Snooze function also available.
Voice Control: The UE MegaBoom speaker provides Siri, Google Voice, and Alexa integration through its built-in microphone and the UE MegaBoom app.
- Siri: To activate Siri, simply press the Bluetooth button on the speaker and you'll hear a tone while the button will blink on/off indicating that Siri is listening. You can then say a command to play your music, dial a phone number, check the weather, etc (commands are based on those supported by Siri). Music services which support Siri include iTunes, Apple Music, and any music stored on your Apple iOS device. You do not need to have the UE speaker app running in the background.
- Google Voice: To activate Google Voice, simply press the Bluetooth button on the speaker and you'll hear a tone while the button will blink on/off indicating that Google Voice is listening. You can then say a command to play your music, dial a phone number, check the weather, etc (commands are based on those supported by Google Voice). Music services which support Google Voice include Google Play Music, Spotify, and any music stored on your Android device. The UE app must be running in the background on your Android device for this feature to work.
- Alexa: You can use the Amazon Alexa tap-to-talk feature if you have an Android smartphone running Lollipop 5.0 or higher (will not work with Google Pixel or any Bixby enabled Samsung device). To use Alexa, simply tap (short press) the Bluetooth button on the speaker. You can use Alexa to listen to music from Amazon Music, iHeartRadio and TuneIn as well as get web search results such as sports scores, weather, reports, jokes and Flash Briefings (Click here for the latest Alexa skills). You will need to already have or setup an Amazon Alexa account. If you've previously used Google Voice, activating the Alexa will disable this feature.
Note: Make sure that the UE speaker is running the latest software/firmware and your smartphone has the latest version of the MegaBoom app installed.
Auxiliary Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the UE MegaBoom is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any audio device with a headphone jack or analog audio output.
LED Indicators: LEDs indicate power, charge, and battery life; plus Bluetooth pairing and connectivity.
Rechargeable Battery: The UE MegaBoom has a built-in rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery that provides up to 20 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the included 4' micro-USB to USB cable and AC power adapter (charge time is approximately 2.5 hours). By pressing the speaker's volume up/down buttons together, you will hear a voice prompt indicating the percentage of battery life left. To save power, the UE MegaBoom will turn off automatically after 15 minutes without music or user interaction.
D-Ring: The Bluetooth speaker has an integrated D-ring if you want to attach a lanyard (sold separately).
18 questions already asked