About the Marantz M-CR612
So many ways to play music
So many ways to play music
The Marantz M-CR612 offers so many wired and wireless ways to listen to music, it defies easy description. But let's try. For starters, it's a traditional AM/FM stereo receiver with multiple connections for your other components. It has a built-in CD player, and it features built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay 2 to facilitate easy wireless music streaming.
There are a number of inputs on the back of the M-CR612. An analog stereo RCA input lets you connect a component like a phono preamp or tape deck. If you have a treasure trove of high-res digital music files on a thumb drive or NAS drive, you can connect it via the USB port. You can even hook up your TV to one of the optical digital inputs.
The receiver's built-in amplifier can power up to two pairs of speakers, with independent volume control for each pair. Want more powerful sound? You can use all four amplifier channels to bi-amp a compatible pair of speakers, or you can connect the M-CR612 to a separate power amplifier and use it as a preamplifier or source player.
Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth open up a world of streaming options. The player offers direct access to popular services like Pandora®, Spotify®, SiriusXM, Amazon Prime Music and TIDAL, plus thousands of free Internet radio stations. Apple AirPlay 2 offers easy compatibility with your iPad® or iPhone®.
Streamline your music with HEOS
Built-in HEOS technology lets you access all your music — from your personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL — through the M-CR612.
This receiver can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's sound independently with the free HEOS app. The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room.
The M-CR612 boasts the latest and most convenient method of remote operation — voice control. You can switch sources, control volume and playback on the receiver and other HEOS enabled devices, and plenty more via Amazon Alexa, Google Home or Siri.
- 50 watts x 2 into 6 ohms (1 kHz) at 0.7% THD in stereo mode
- 4-channel amplifier lets you bi-amp one pair of speakers or drive a second pair in A/B configuration (4 x 30W)
- integrated CD player (plays standard CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs)
- AM/FM tuner for listening to local radio
- dual-band Wi-Fi for music streaming over your wireless home network
- built-in Bluetooth®
- works with Amazon Alexa, Google Home and Siri voice control assistants
Media playback features:
- compatible with HEOS wireless whole-home audio
- Apple® AirPlay® 2 for streaming music from an Apple device
- built-in streaming from Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Amazon Prime Music, TIDAL and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services)
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz .dsf files)
- gapless playback of digital music files (for WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, DSD only)
- 2 optical digital inputs
- RCA analog stereo input
- analog stereo RCA output
- preamp output for a powered subwoofer
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- rear USB input
- four pairs of binding post speaker connectors
- 3.5mm headphone output
Dimensions and warranty:
- 11-1/16"W x 4-3/8"H x 11-15/16"D
- weight: 7.28 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MCR612/U1B
More details on the Marantz M-CR612