About the Marantz SR5013
Home theater for music lovers
Home theater for music lovers
If you love music as much as you love heart-pounding surround sound effects, the Marantz SR5013 is an excellent choice. Proprietary amplifier technology makes your music sound open, natural, and detailed. And surround sound is enthralling with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X. This 4K-compatible receiver upscales analog and digital sources, so you can enjoy just about any video content in stunning Ultra High Definition.
You can expand your system with two HDMI outputs for watching the same video source on two different screens, plus wired and wireless options for playing music in different rooms.
Make the most of every music source
The SR5013 offers playback of high-resolution audio formats from a networked computer or USB thumb drive. Special processing cleans up lower-resolution audio formats, letting you get the most out of the ample streaming music choices you get through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, and Apple® AirPlay®.
Streamline your music with HEOS
Built-in HEOS technology lets you access all your music — from your personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify®, and TIDAL — through the SR5013.
This receiver can be easily integrated into a wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to HEOS wireless speakers and components in different rooms, and control each room's sound independently with the free HEOS app. The app lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room.
Just ask Alexa
The HEOS Home Entertainment skill for Amazon Alexa lets you use your Echo or Echo Dot to issue voice commands to the SR5013. You can easily switch inputs and control volume and playback on the receiver and other HEOS enabled devices. Alexa can also help you search for music and stream different content to different rooms in your multi-room HEOS system.
Customizable speaker connections for your ideal setup
The SR5013's surround back channels can be used in whichever of four different configurations suits you best, starting with a standard 7.2-channel surround sound setup. You can use the surround back channels as height channels in a 5.2.2 Dolby Atmos setup, or to bi-amp your front speakers for more powerful sound. Or, you can set up a 5.2-channel surround sound system in your living room and use the surround back channels to power a pair of speakers in a second area like a kitchen or patio.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage
- DTS Virtual:X® creates three-dimensional effects without height speakers
- video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- Audyssey speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ® XT auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
- Audyssey MultEQ app for further audio customization (paid app; not included)
Digital and Streaming Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free internet radio, and music services
- built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- includes support for Pandora®, SiriusXM, and Spotify® (subscription required for some services)
- free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- works with Amazon Alexa-compatible voice control assistants
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- supports multi-room audio with compatible wireless speakers
- built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- M-DAX (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- amp assign function lets you use surround back speaker outputs for Front Height, Zone 2, Front B, or bi-amping front speakers
- powered and line-level stereo outputs for 2nd room allow 5.2-channel sound in main room
- optical/coaxial digital and HDMI audio sources cannot be output to Zone 2
Audio Performance Features:
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) offers improved dynamic range and detail while reducing noise
- current feedback technology for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Pure Direct mode turns off unused circuitry for cleaner audio signals
- HDMI 2.0b audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 2 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision™
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 3 in, 1 out (includes front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo audio inputs (includes front-panel input)
- MM (moving magnet) phono input for connecting a turntable
- 7.1-channel preamp inputs
- 7.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- RS-232C, remote (IR), and 12-volt trigger connections for use with external controllers
- 1/4" headphone output
- detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz AVR Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android™ device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-3/8"W x 6-3/8"H x 14-7/16"D (9-3/16"H with Wi-Fi antennas raised)
- weight: 22.1 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SR5013
What's in the box:
- 7.2ch AV receiver
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control (RC035SR)
- Two "AAA" batteries
- 2 WLAN/Bluetooth antennas
- Sound calibration microphone (ACM1HB)
- Microphone stand
- FM wire antenna
- AM loop antenna
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instructions
- Notes On Radio
- Warranty Information
- Microphone Stand Assembly Instructions
- Sheet of self-adhesive cable labels
- Spotify brochure
Marantz SR5013 reviews
I've been using Marantz for over 10 years,since I gave up on Onkyo, and only once has a unit required warranty service. Powerful and great sound. This my 3rd Marantz AVR and they're all working, unlike my last three Onkyo AVR. MY ONLY COMPLAINT is that the remote doesn't light up. I'm watching in a dark room and I can't see the remote buttons. I mean come on! It's 2019
Pros: Sounds great and reliable.
Cons: The remote buttons have no lighting.
0 of 0 found this helpful
The Marantz SR5013 is an excellent home theater receiver. I have owned Marantz products for over twenty years and their high quality components are simply the best in this price range. There are ample connections available for all A/V components as well as multiple wireless and Bluetooth options. Excellent sound reproduction from music to movies to MP3 music from my iPhone. There are two small complaints about the product: the remote is not backlit which is an unusual oversight for such a high quality product. In addition, the iPhone APP is outdated and some might even say ugly. With all of the modern technology available, it would be nice to have a more current APP interface. The receiver, however, functions flawlessly and I would definitely purchase again.
Pros: Amazing sound, feels extremely solid and well built, excellent range of connections.
Cons: No backlit remote, outdated APP.
1 of 1 found this helpful
At first I was a little nervous about the Marantz playing and controlling my other equipment (Sony). However, I was surprised at how well it performed. My previous Receiver was a Sony and the Marantz interfaced flawlessly with all my existing equipment. The set up program worked very well. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The GUI interface is well designed and easy to use. I had the whole system programmed and calibrated within 30 minutes without any problems. Overall I am very happy with my choice of the Marantz.
Pros: Easy to set up. GUI interphase worked very well. Synced up with and controls my other equipment flawlessly.
Cons: Small display screen on the front of the Marantz unit. Would like more information displayed like some of the other units out there.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Great receiver, but the display is too small.
1 of 1 found this helpful
Beautiful sounding, very flexible AVR. I am using this as the hub of my media center, for 5.1 surround, as well as 2.1 stereo music. Couldn't be happier with this unit.
Pros: Great, warm sound, with lots of inputs and flexible routing options.
1 of 1 found this helpful
I have three main listening/viewing areas in my house. My basement has a traditional 5.1 speaker setup (Definitive ProMonitors and SVS subwoofer), and a 4K 75" TV. The other two areas are serviced by Sonos speakers (love them!). My wife and I noticed that the rooms with Sonos were sounding better (better bass and dialogue clarity) than our traditional 5.1 system. My receiver, which is a good brand, also sold by Crutchfield, just seemed like it was not putting out. It is 105 Watts, which is actually slightly more than the SR5013. Based on the reputation of Marrantz and the advice of my Crutchfield advisor, David, I bought the SR5013. Shipping was quick, and I got down to business of doing the receiver swap yesterday. Between Marantz and Crutchfield, it could not have gone smoother. They even gave me sheets of lables, which made swapping cables easy. After running through some on screen menus and performing the calibration with the included mic, I was in business. Even before calibration, I couldn't believe how much better everything sounded! Maybe it's my imagination, but even the 4K HDR content seemed more crisp and vivid. I've watched several movies and listened to all my reference audio and with just the settings from calibration, it sounds superb! I had my doubts after placing my order that dropping almost $1K on a new receiver would make much difference in audio quality, but the SR5013 certainly delivered!
Pros: Ease of setup. On-screen menus. 4K HDR switching. Sound quality. Overall value.
5 of 5 found this helpful
Bit the bullet and upgraded everything......the Marantz replaced an aging Sony that was showing its age but had served well. It will be retired to another room to drive a pair of Magnaplaner's. The Marantz will be driving a new set of Def Tech 9040s with the new Def Tech Center Channel box. All this surrounding a new Sony OLED TV make a stunning soundstage for almost any video presentation. The rear's are Def Tech's also with a pair of in ceiling's to fill our the theatre set up. If you purchase on of these, be sure to allow the receiver to perform its own set-up and balance the channels. Set up the included mike, start the system and leave the room for 20 minutes. The Marantz algorithm will set the system perfectly. I didn't even want to touch anything as far as adjustment (other than the Def-Tech's subs). BTW, I'm using 2 - B&W subs with this set up and it's not overpowering at all. Go ahead ----------treat yourself!!!!
Pros: Excellence and quality system performance
Cons: None yet other than it's a heavy box!
5 of 6 found this helpful
The Marantz sr5013 is an outstanding unit and cannot be happier. It replaced a 10 year old Onkyo 605. I purchased this Marantz to run 4k to my 4k tv but also wanted to really upgrade the sound at the same time. I could not believe the difference in the clarity and overall quality of the sound for both music and movies. Dialogue from actors is right up front now, with crystal clear yet warm tone!! Audyssey set up is a must, and I didn't change a thing!! No tweaking necessary. So happy as i felt really guilty spending the money, but i am in love with this receiver so the guilt washed away. Last thing i will add is playing my music from my phone (Bluetooth) through apple airplay makes the music sound incredible. Thanks for reading.
Pros: Great picture Amazing sound for music and movies Phono input Easy set ip
Cons: Switching between sources can take a bit longer than my previous reciver BUT.... more quality information is now switching over so understandable it takes a little longer.
24 of 24 found this helpful
More details on the Marantz SR5013
Features & specs
7-Channel Discrete Amplifier: The Marantz SR5013 is equipped with a power amplifier that reproduces high-fidelity sound in surround mode with equal quality and power for all channels, true to the original sound. The power amplifier circuit adopts a discrete-circuit configuration that achieves high-quality surround sound reproduction. The 7 channel amplifier is rated at 100 watts with 2 channels driven (20-20kHz, 8-ohms, 0.08% THD).
- HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module): Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on our Reference Series components, the SR5013 incorporates multiple HDAM modules which provide superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today's high resolution audio formats
- Current Feedback Topology: In addition to HDAM technology, the SR5013 also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on our very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
Amplifier Assignment: The SR5013's seven discrete amplifier channels can be configured to accommodate your type of home theater setup.
- 7.1ch (Surround Back or Front Height): The AV receiver's amplifier channels can be configured for 7.1ch playback with Surround Back speakers or Front Height speakers, so you can enjoy Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD movie soundtracks. In this configuration there are no Zone 2 or Dolby Atmos speakers.
- 5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos: This amplifier configuration provides 5.1.2ch playback using either top front, top middle, Dolby Atmos enabled front, or Dolby Atmos enabled surround speakers for Dolby Atmos and DTS:X movie soundtracks. In this configuration there are no Front Height, Surround Back, or Zone 2 speakers.
- 5.1ch + Zone 2: The SR5013's amplifier channels can be configured for 5.1ch playback in the Main Zone for Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1ch movie soundtracks and 2ch playback in Zone 2. In this configuration there are no Front Height, Surround Back, or Dolby Atmos speakers.
- 5.1ch Bi-Amp: You can configure the amplifier for front bi-amp operation to achieve a higher-quality 2-channel sound by connecting the receiver's front and surround back channels to your main front speakers (if compatible). The receiver will be limited to 5.1ch surround. In this configuration there are no Front Height, Surround Back, or Dolby Atmos speakers.
- 5.1ch Front B: A second set of front speakers can be powered by the surround back amplifier; the receiver will be limited to 5.1ch surround. This is useful when you want to have a dedicated pair of 2ch speakers, in addition to your home theater speakers. If you choose to play the Front A and Front B speakers at the same time, Front B will play the same exact audio source and audio signal as Front A without down-mixing.
Advanced 32-Bit D/A Conversion On All Channels: For optimum fidelity and the widest dynamic range with lowest distortion, the SR5013 features advanced reference-class 32-bit AKM D/A converters on all channels. This ensures consistent high fidelity and precise channel matching across all channels for the ultimate listening experience.
Compatible Digital Audio Formats: The AV receiver supports the following stereo & multichannel digital audio formats through its HDMI jacks and optical/coax digital inputs.
|Digital Audio Connector||Audio Signal Type||Audio Signal Format|
|HDMI (8 Inputs/2 Outputs)||High Definition Audio Bitstream|| Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD |
DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution, DTS Express
|Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|PCM||2ch to 8ch (32-192kHz, 16/20/24-bit)|
|Optical/Coaxial (2 Optical Inputs/2 Coaxial Inputs)||Bitstream||Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, DTS, DTS ES, DTS 96/24|
|PCM||2ch to 6ch, (32-96kHz, 16/20/24-bit)|
Immersive Surround Sound: The Marantz SR5013 AV receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats, including Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.
- Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the SR5013 that lets you connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience in 5.1.2ch surround sound.
- DTS:X: The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the SR5013 features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
Post Decoding Formats: The Marantz AV receiver supports Dolby Surround & DTS Neural:X to enhance 2-channel and multichannel decoding formats. It will also be able to support DTS Virtual:X through a future firmware update (no ETA).
- Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2ch or multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1ch, 7.1ch, or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theater by widening the listening "sweet spot".
- DTS Neural:X: Further, DTS:X incorporates Neural:X, the latest spatial remapping technology from DTS, which provides a fully immersive output for all types of source content; this includes DTS bitstreams and non-encoded (PCM) data. Neural:X delivers a thrilling sense of immersive sound to your speaker layout regardless of the original source format.
- DTS Virtual:X (via Future Firmware Update): DTS Virtual:X bridges the gap between DTS:X and the reality of so many consumers' homes, allowing you to enjoy multi-dimensional sound regardless of room size, layout, or speaker configuration. DTS Virtual:X can be used with any content (from 2ch to 5.1ch soundtracks), while delivering virtual height & virtual surround processing based on psychoacoustics (not reflective surfaces).
Audyssey: The SR5013 features the Audyssey suite of powerful DSP features; including MultEQ XT, Dynamic Volume, and Dynamic EQ.
- MultEQ XT: Via the supplied measuring microphone, Audyssey MultEQ measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers. Up to eight listening positions can be measured, configured, and recorded. MultEQ XT compensates for both time and frequency characteristics of the listening area based on "Audyssey Setup" measurement results. Selection is done from three types of compensation curves - Reference (default and recommended, L/R Bypass, Flat, and Off).
- Dynamic Volume: Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose.
- Dynamic EQ: Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels. Dynamic EQ Reference Level Offset provides three offsets from the film level reference (5 dB, 10 dB, and 15 dB) that can be selected when the mix level of the content is not within the standard.
Listening Modes: The Marantz SR5013 features a variety of Listening modes to choose from, so you can enjoy your movie or music soundtrack the want you to hear it.
- Auto Detection: In Auto Mode, the Listening Mode switches automatically to the corresponding type of audio input signal (Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS-HD, or multichannel PCM) that is detected. If the input signal is analog or PCM (2-channel), stereo playback is used.
- Direct Modes: The Marantz SR5013 offers two Direct Listening Modes which bypass the receiver's tone & DSP processing for higher sound quality performance. Source Direct provides playback of 2ch or Multichannel audio in its original form, without any surround or tone processing. Pure Direct goes a step further by turning off the receiver's display and analog video circuitry to minimize the possibility of any noise being added to the audio signal.
- Stereo Modes: The Marantz SR5013 surround receiver also provides two-channel stereo and multi-channel stereo playback, as well a virtual surround from two stereo speakers. The 2CH Stereo mode is for playing in two channel stereo; bass and treble can be adjusted and sound is output from the front left and right speakers, along with a connected subwoofer. Multi-Channel Stereo mode lets you enjoy stereo sound from all speakers. Virtual Speaker mode lets you enjoy surround effects using only the front speakers or headphones.
Audio Enhancements: The Marantz SR5013 receiver provides various audio enhancements to deliver a high-quality listening experience every time.
- CINEMA EQ (Cinema Equalizer): The Cinema EQ function gently decreases the level of the extreme high frequencies, compensating for overly-bright sounding motion picture soundtracks. Select this function if the sound from the front speakers is too bright. This function only works in the Dolby Digital & DTS modes.
- M-DAX: Compressed audio formats such as MP3, WMA (Windows Media Audio) and MPEG-4 AAC reduce the amount of data by eliminating signal components that are hard for the human ear to hear. The M-DAX function generates the signals eliminated upon compression, restoring the sound to conditions near those of the original sound before compression. It also corrects the sense of volume of the bass to obtain richer sound with compressed audio signals.
- Dynamic Range Compression (DRC): Motion picture soundtracks have tremendous dynamic range (the contrast between very soft and very loud sounds). For listening late at night, or whenever the maximum sound level is lower than usual, Compressing the dynamic range allows you to hear all of the sounds in the soundtrack with reduced dynamic range. DRC works when playing program sources recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS.
Volume & Level Settings: The Marantz SR5013 offers the following volume & level settings.
- Volume Settings: You can choose to display an Absolute volume scale (0-98) or Relative volume scale (-79.5 to 18dB). You can also set a maximum volume level of 0 (80), -10 (70), or -20 (60) dB to limit the receiver's total volume output. In addition, you can define the volume setting that is active when the power is turned on; select "Mute", -79 to +18dB (1-98), or Last.
- Mute Level: You can set the amount of attenuation for the audio muting circuit; -40dB or -20dB below current volume, or full mute (sound turned off entirely). Volume settings can be adjusted independently for the Main Zone and Zone 2.
- Channel, Center, & Subwoofer Level: The volume level (-12 to +12dB) of each channel can be changed while listening to audio for each input source. You can also adjust the center channel volume level (-12 to +12dB) independently from the channel level to clarify the dialog for all sources. In addition, you can adjust the subwoofer channel volume level (-12 to +12dB) independently from the channel level to emphasize low frequencies for all input sources.
- Source Level: This function adjusts the playback level of the currently selected input source's audio input. Use this feature if there are differences in the input volume levels between different sources. You can correct the playback level of the audio input from -12 to +12dB.
Audio Outputs: The Marantz AV receiver features color-coded binding-post speaker terminals, 7.2ch pre-outs, and a front-panel headphone jack.
- Color-Coded Speaker Terminals: The receiver has binding-post terminals for all speaker connections. The binding-post terminals can accept bare wire, pin connectors, and banana plugs (single/dual). The receiver will accept speaker impedances of 4 to 16-ohm. The AV receiver comes with color-coded labels to easily identify which channel a speaker cable should be connected to. Since the speaker cables have labels in the same colors as the connectors on the SR5013's rear panel, there's no longer any confusion about which terminals they should be connected to.
- 7.2Ch Pre-Outs: The AV receiver features 7.2ch pre-amp outputs (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R, and Dual Subs) for connection to external power amplifiers. The pre-outs are variable. The dual sub outputs are non-discrete.
- Headphone Jack: When headphones are plugged into the full-size 1/4" jack on the front panel, all the speakers are automatically muted.
Phono Input: The Marantz SR5013 is outfitted with a Phono input (MM), so you can connect your turntable and listen to your vinyl records with high-quality sound.
7.1 Channel Input: The SR5013 features a 7.1 Channel input (Front left, Front right, Center, Surround left, Surround right, Surround Back left, Surround Back right and Subwoofer) for connecting a DVD Audio player, Super Audio CD multi-channel player, or other component that has a multi-channel port so you can playback the audio with 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel surround sound.
HDMI 2.0b: Featuring eight HDMI inputs (7 rear/1 front) and two HDMI outputs, the SR5013 incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0b specification, including support for 4K/60 Hz Ultra-HD video, BT.2020 Wide Color Gamut, High Dynamic Range (HDR), & 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. The SR5013 also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- 4K/60Hz + HDCP 2.2: The SR5013's HDMI inputs and monitor output support up to 4K (3840x2160 pixels) video @ 60 frames per second. All of the HDMI jacks support HDCP 2.2, which fully complies with the latest copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission. The receiver will also pass a 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p video signals via HDMI.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: The HDMI inputs and monitor output support RGB, YCbCr 4:4:4, YCbCr 4:2:2, and YCbCr 4:2:0 color subsampling (@ 60Hz or 50Hz). With 4:4:4 color subsampling, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate; resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail. The front-panel HDMI only supports 4K 60/50Hz using format YCbCr 4:2:0 only.
- Wide Color Gamut (BT.2020): The BT.2020 color standard delivers a much wider color gamut and represents about 75% of the total visual color spectrum, while the current Rec. 709 color standard selected as the color space for HDTVs and early generation 4K Ultra HDTVs covers only 35% of the total visual color spectrum.
- 21:9 Aspect Ratio: By supporting 21:9 aspect ratio, this receiver can show films recorded in the Cinema Scope format on your TV for a much more immersive video experience. When these types of films are viewed in the usual 16:9 ratio, you see black bars at the top and bottom of the screen; 21:9 eliminates these bars.
Note: Use a premium high-speed 18Gbps HDMI cable for the best 4K/HDR performance.
HDR Compatibility: HDR provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. HDR reproduces a greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels, creating greater contrast. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth. The receiver supports HDR 10, Dolby Vision, and HLG.
- HDR 10: HDR 10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your TV that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- Hybrid-Log Gamma: HLG (Hybrid-Log Gamma) is primarily designed for live video feed and over-the-air broadcasts. It uses no pre-encoded metadata and is backwards compatible with SDR. HLG's native compatibility allows much of today's existing SDR infrastructure to be re-used for HDR in the future.
- Dolby Vision: Unlike HDR 10 which contains static metadata and HLG which uses no metadata, Dolby Vision uses dynamic metadata technology which sets individual color and brightness levels for each and every scene. Dolby works directly with filmmakers at major Hollywood studios to create superior HDR video masters of blockbuster movies.
4K Video Upconversion & Upscaling: The Marantz AV receiver's sophisticated video processor provides upconversion from standard definition (480i/480p) and high definition (720p/1080i/1080p) sources to 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160 pixels), which lets you connect all your analog (composite/component) or digital (HDMI) video sources to the SR5013 and then connect to your TV with just a single HDMI cable. Only the receiver's main HDMI output supports video upconversion.
Note: When composite or component video signals are used, only 480i video signals are converted to HDMI (up to 4K).
Dual HDMI Outputs: The AV receiver's two HDMI outputs are parallel, so the same HDMI audio/video input signal is output through both and can be used simultaneously (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs). The second HDMI output does not offer HDMI upscaling.
HDMI Standby Pass-Through: When the AV receiver is in "Standby" mode and the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled, both audio/video streams from the receivers HDMI input will be output to your television, via the AV receiver's HDMI monitor output. Once the receiver is turned "On", only video will pass through the monitor output to your TV and the audio is directed to the receiver's speaker outputs.
- HDMI Input: Selects the HDMI Input for which the HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is enabled.
- Last: The HDMI Standby-Through function is activated on the input source selected at the time of setting the AV receiver to the "Standby" mode.
- Off: The HDMI Standby Pass-Through function is disabled.
Other HDMI Features: The Marantz SR5013 AV receiver's HDMI connectivity also offers ARC (Audio Return Channel), 3D video pass-through, Deep Color & x.v.Color support, as well as an auto LipSync function.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): This feature of the SR5013's main HDMI monitor output allows audio to be sent from your compatible HDTV to the receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio and video to your HDTV. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to your television.
- 3D Ready: The SR5013 AV receiver supports 3D video pass-through (720p/1080p only) from connected 3D-compatible Blu-ray, games and broadcast devices to 3D-compatible HDTVs (all 3D components must be connected via HDMI). Special eyewear will be required for viewing 3D content.
- Deep Color & x.v.Color Support: The AV receiver supports Deep Color and x.v.Color content, which can display a larger color range than standard-definition schemes. The result is a more lifelike, vibrant picture
- LipSync: This function adjusts the delay between audio and video output. You can do this manually or have the receiver set the LipSync function automatically. When connected to a TV via HDMI the receiver automatically adjusts audio output timing (0-500ms) if the TV supports an automatic LipSync function. You can also manually delay the sound output up to 500ms to synchronize it with the video image.
Component & Composite Video: The receiver features two composite video inputs and one composite video monitor output. There are also two component video inputs (60MHz) and one component video monitor output. The composite and component video jacks support 480i only (not compatible with 480p, 720p, or 1080i/p).
Advanced ISFccc Video Calibration: The SR5013 is certified by the Imaging Science Foundation to deliver top video quality, and the unit also features advanced ISFccc video calibration controls that allow for precision fine-tuning of the connected HDTV, even if it's not an ISF certified set. You can choose from a variety of Picture Modes - Standard, Movie, Vivid, Streaming, ISF Day, ISF Night, Custom, or Off. The Custom mode lets you manually adjust Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Noise Reduction, and Enhancer (sharpness).
Video Modes: You can set the video processing method to match the type of video content. Choose from Movie, Game, or Auto.
Video Select Function: This receiver can display video from a different source on your connected TV during audio playback from CD (analog input only), Tuner, HEOS, or Phono.
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Marantz SR5013 offers a wired or wireless network connection. Either network connection gives the receiver access to HEOS music apps (like Pandora, Amazon, or Tidal), TuneIn Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, as well as music content on your Windows PC or DLNA music server.
- Ethernet Jack: The Marantz SR5013 receiver is fitted with a RJ-45 Ethernet (LAN) port to make a wired connection from the receiver to your home network.
- Built-in WiFi: The receiver also offers built-in WiFi (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n; 2.4/5GHz) for a wireless network connection; WPS, WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES) security protection is supported. Wireless network setup can be done via WPS button, Access Point Scan, Manual Setting, PIN Code, or even through your Apple iOS device (7.0+).
Note: Network setup requires that the receiver be connected to your TV via HDMI for display of the on-screen menu. The receiver's network setup cannot be accessed through its front-panel display.
TuneIn Internet Radio: The Marantz SR5013 includes access to more than 100,000 free internet radio streams from all corners of the globe via the built-in TuneIn online music service. Simply select TuneIn from the receiver's on-screen menu using the included remote and browse among the 100,000 stations neatly organized into popular categories and select a station that appeals to you.
Spotify Connect: If you subscribe to Spotify Premium and have the Spotify App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you can stream Spotify to the Marantz AV receiver. Spotify is a digital music service that gives you on-demand access to one of the largest music libraries in the world (over 15 million tracks and counting). Spotify makes it easier than ever to discover, manage, and share music with your friends. You can browse music by artist, album, track, or most popular; and create your own music library with customized playlists.
HEOS Music Apps: With built-in HEOS technology and the HEOS app (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0) on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you'll be able to stream a wide variety of online music services (fees may apply), plus the music library of your mobile device through the Marantz AV receiver.
- Online Music Services: Using the HEOS app, you'll be able to stream your favorite online music services like Amazon Music, Pandora, TIDAL, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Napster, TuneIn, & Spotify (some services will require a paid subscription, purchases, and/or other fees). The HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android device will serve as the controller for these apps and provide song/artist information with Album Art. You can create a "Favorite" station list, so you can quickly access your favorite internet radio stations and online music channels.
- Mobile Device Streaming: Using the HEOS app on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device, you are able to stream your device's music library to the Marantz AV receiver. You'll be able to browse your music library by Artist, Album, Genre, and Song; control music playback functions like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track; and view song/artist info with Album Art from the app on your compatible mobile device. You can even type in an artist name or song title to find music in your mobile device's library.
- Prior to using the HEOS system, you'll need to setup up your free HEOS account. Your HEOS account remembers all your settings and preferences such as all your music service logins and HEOS playlists. When you'd like to add multiple smartphone or tablet controllers to your system, you only need to sign in to each new device with your HEOS user name and password. Instantly all your music services and HEOS playlists are available in the new controller too.
- If you prefer, HEOS supports multiple accounts in a single household. This way, each family member can enjoy their own personalized Pandora, Spotify, or other online music account settings and still share all the same speakers in the home.
DLNA 1.5 Certified: The SR5013 is DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) 1.5 and Windows 7/8/10 compliant for audio networking. This means it's easier for you to access and enjoy digital music stored on your Windows PC. The receiver can wirelessly playback High-Res music content from your PC, while using the included remote control to browse your music library. The receiver supports ID3-Tag (ver.2) and META tag information; so song title, artist name, and album name can be displayed on the unit's front-panel or on-screen menu. In addition the unit will display Album Art on a connected television. The Marantz SR5013 supports the following audio formats, sampling frequencies, and bit rates via its wired network connection.
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit-Rate/Bit-Depth||Extension|
|Hi-Res||WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||16/24-bit||.m4A|
|Compressed||MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
Note: Your computer must meet the following system requirements - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or Windows Media DRM10. Album Art is only displayed when using Windows Media Player (ver.11/12).
AM/FM Tuner: The Marantz AV receiver features a built-in AM/FM tuner with 56 station auto-preset memory tuning. You can also set your presets manually. You can create an 8-character name for each preset station. You can even directly enter a station number using the receiver's on-screen menu and remote control.
Software Updates: Using the receiver's network/internet connection, you can check for and update the latest firmware from the online Marantz server. Visit Marantz's Owner's Circle for access to downloads to keep the Marantz receiver up-to-date.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Marantz receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) port that allows you to enjoy a variety of music files from a USB mass storage class memory device; such as a USB thumbdrive or portable HDD (a portable hard disk drive will require an external power supply). Compatible USB storage devices must be formatted in FAT 16 or FAT32 (a FAT16 device can have up to 2GB of storage, while a FAT32 device can have up to 2TB of storage). The unit can recognize up to 500 folders/500 files. You can use the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI) and remote control to navigate your stored music files on your connected USB memory device. Song/artist information will display on your HDMI-connected TV and the receivers front-panel display. USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the AV receiver's USB port (5V/1A); even in standby mode.
|Resolution||Compatible Audio Formats||Sampling Frequencies||Bit rate||Extension|
|Hi-Res||WAV (PCM)||32/44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz||16/24-bit||.wav|
|FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)||16/24-bit||.flac|
|ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec)||16/24-bit||.m4A|
|Compressed||MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)||32/44.1/48 kHz||32-320 kbps||.mp3|
|WMA (Windows Media Audio)||48-192 kbps||.wma|
|AAC (MPEG-4)||16-320 kbps||.aac/.m4a|
Note: The receiver's USB port is not compatible with Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android OS devices, USB hubs, and computers.
AirPlay 2 (via available firmware update): Through an available firmware update, the Marantz AV receiver will support AirPlay 2. AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the Marantz receiver and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the Marantz receiver. With AirPlay 2, also get to see song/artist information and album art via the receiver's on-screen menu (via HDMI). You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the Marantz receiver.
Built-in Bluetooth: The Marantz SR5013 features built-in Bluetooth (version 3.0+EDR) with a 98.4' wireless range for music streaming (A2DP 1.2) and control (AVRCP 1.5). You'll be able to wirelessly connect to smartphones (including iPhone & Android), tablets (including iPad & Android), laptops (including Microsoft Surface & Macbook), computers (including Windows PC & Mac), and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. Up to eight Bluetooth devices can be remembered by the SR5013, so family members as well as friends can enjoy their favorite tracks (only one device can be used at a time).
- Wireless Music Streaming: You'll be able to wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device to the Marantz receiver. The receiver supports the Bluetooth SBC codec only.
- Wireless Music Control: You will also be able to control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip) using the receiver's remote control. Advanced music operation will still need to be handled from your Bluetooth-enable device. There is no song/artist information display on the receiver or connected TV. Continue to use your Bluetooth device's screen to view song/artist info.
Auto On & Select: The receiver can be setup to automatically re-connect with previously paired devices, as well as turn on automatically when you start streaming audio from a Bluetooth source device.
- Bluetooth hands-free communication for making and answering phone calls is not supported.
- Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Marantz AV receiver.
Zone 2 (Speaker-Level & Line-Level Output): Zone 2 allows stereo audio playback of another source connected to the receiver in another room of your home via RCA line-level output or speaker-level output. When using the SR5013 to power speakers in a second room of your home, the main zone is restricted to 5.1-channels. When using the receiver's line output terminals for the second room you need an additional amplifier to power your Zone 2 speakers; the main Zone of the receiver remains 7.1-channel. The volume of Zone 2 can be controlled by the Marantz receiver using either configuration or from your add-on amplifier when using the line-output.
- Compatible Sources:
- Analog Audio Inputs (including Phono)
- AM/FM Tuner (cannot select different stations for each zone)
- USB & Bluetooth Audio (cannot select USB & Bluetooth in separate zones)
- HEOS Music Apps (including Pandora, Tidal, Amazon, and more); cannot select different HEOS music apps for each zone
- Network Sources (including TuneIn Internet Radio, Spotify Connect, AirPlay, & DLNA); cannot select two different networks sources for Zone 1 and Zone 2
- Incompatible Sources:
- HDMI, Composite, & Component video
- HDMI, Optical, & Coaxial digital audio
- DSD Audio Files
Note: Unfortunately, you cannot select USB, Bluetooth and Network sources exclusively for each Zone. For example, if you select a network source for Zone 2 when a USB source is selected for the Main Zone, the input source in the Main Zone also switches to the same network source as Zone 2.
All Zone Stereo Function: The All Zone Stereo function allows you to enjoy the AV receiver's Main Zone audio source in Zone 2 simultaneously (regardless of input audio signal types - analog, digital, or wireless). During the All Zone Stereo mode, only the "Multi Ch Stereo" and "Stereo" sound modes can be selected. You will have independent volume control in each zone. All Zone Stereo mode is useful when you want to enjoy the same music at the same time in multiple rooms during a get together or party.
HEOS Wireless Multiroom Audio: Built-in HEOS technology enables the SR5013 to become part of the HEOS wireless multi-room audio eco-system, allowing you to stream and control all of your local and online music effortlessly from anywhere in your home with the HEOS App on your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device over a wireless WiFi network connection. The HEOS system is a true multi-room audio system that automatically synchronizes audio playback between multiple HEOS devices so that your music (up to 24-bit/192kHz Hi-Res audio) coming from different rooms is perfectly in sync and always sounds amazing. You can play the same audio source (other than your connected TV) in every room or any combination of rooms you choose, including a different song in every room.
- Systems & Groups: The HEOS wireless multi-room sound system can support up to 32 HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers (all sold separately) on a single wireless network (IEEE 802.11 g/n; 2.4/5GHz). You can join or group up to eight individual Heos devices into a group that function as if they were a single source. The HEOS eco-system is flexible enough where you can create up to 16 Groups (2 Heos devices per Group). You can easily group 16 rooms together with Party Mode by simply using a "pinch" gesture.
- Compatible Sources: The following sources can be
distributed through the HEOS multi-room audio system -
- Receiver's analog inputs (HDMI & Optical/Coax digital not supported)
- Built-in AM/FM tuner and TuneIn Internet Radio
- HEOS music apps (including Amazon, Pandora, Tidal, and more), plus Spotify Connect
- Windows PC & DLNA music servers
- Bluetooth & USB audio (AirPlay is not supported)
- Music libraries stored on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
Note: The Marantz AV receiver only supports a single HEOS music stream. If you desire a second HEOS music stream through the receiver's multizone output, you will need to connect the HEOS Link to one of the AV receiver's analog inputs.
HDMI Monitor 2: The receiver's second HDMI monitor output lets you send the same HDMI audio/video input signal that is being played in the main zone to a second zone (video is output at the resolution supported by both TVs). The HDMI monitor 2 output does not offer HDMI upscaling. The HDMI monitor 2 does not support the output of analog video inputs.
AVR Remote App: The new Marantz AVR Remote App lets you control the Marantz SR5013 AV receiver using your Apple (iOS 7.0) or Android (OS 4.0+) device. From this free app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you'll be able to control the Marantz AV receiver's basic functions; such as power, volume, input, surround modes, and other settings. You'll also be able to control separate Zones of the receiver, as well as navigate the AV receiver's network and Internet content from the app. In addition, you get you get unique features likes a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, the ability to create playlists, and control over a Marantz Blu-ray player.
- Landscape Orientation Control Screen: With a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, you can easily browse and navigate through your network music services or personal digital music collection with ease, and at the same time view now-playing information and cover art all on a single screen.
- Create Playlists: The app's playback screen allows you to easily build your own personal music playlists on the fly with the ability to Drag & Drop files into your queue, or tap to "Play Now", "Play Next", "Play Next and Replace Queue" or "Add to End of Queue". You can then save your queue as a playlist for easy recall.
- Marantz Blu-ray Player Control: The app allows control over select Marantz Blu-ray players (UD7007/5007) that are connected to the AV receiver via HDMI.
Note: This AV receiver is not compatible with last year's older Marantz Remote App.
HEOS App: You'll need to download the HEOS App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0) onto your compatible Apple iOS or Android mobile device to enjoy HEOS functionality through the SR5013 receiver. Using your compatible mobile device and the HEOS app, you can setup, browse, explore, and control HEOS system right in the palm of your hand, from anywhere in your home. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android device must be connected to the same home wireless (WiFi) network as the AV receiver and your entire HEOS system. The HEOS app consists of 4 control screens.
- Settings: The "Settings" screen enables you to connect one or more HEOS speakers, receivers, amplifiers, and/or pre-amplifiers to your home's wireless network.
- Rooms: From the app on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can select which rooms you want playing. You can play the same music in multiple rooms by grouping rooms together, or you can listen to a different source in each room.
- Music/Sources: You can select what music and which source you want to listen to from the app. Choose from online music services like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.; your music library on your Apple iOS or Android device, Windows PC/DLNA server, or USB thumbdrive; and analog inputs; as well as Bluetooth on the HEOS AVR. You can also select music from Playlists you've created, Favorites you've saved, and your recent listening History.
- Now Playing: The "Now Playing" screen displays song, artist, and album information; along with Album Art. You also get basic playback controls like Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track, plus Volume controls Up/Down and Mute. In addition the "Now Play" screen functions unique to the selected online music service or music library.
Alexa Compatible: HEOS and Amazon Alexa customers can now enjoy the convenience of Alexa voice control plus high-quality wireless home audio. In addition to controlling your HEOS components with the HEOS app on your mobile device or tablet, you can now control them with Amazon Alexa voice technology and an Amazon Alexa device (such as the Echo or Echo Dot, sold separately). Your HEOS components and the Alex-enabled devices must be on the same network. Voice control features include -
- Alex voice commands include Volume (up/down, specific volume number, & mute); Playback (Play, Pause, Stop, Next, Previous, Resume); and Power on/off. The HEOS Bar and HEOS AVR even support HDMI switching (1-4) through Alexa voice command.
- You can group your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app with an Alexa-friendly name. Once they are grouped, Alexa voice commands will control the group as a whole. If you want to play audio content from only one HEOS-enabled device in the group, you must ungroup the device within the HEOS app.
- You are able use voice commands to search for songs, albums and artists and even podcasts and internet stations from HEOS & Alexa compatible music apps - like Amazon Music, Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Spotify Connect, & SiriusXM.
Google Assistant Support (via firmware update): Ask your Google Home, the Google app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 4.4+), or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control HEOS content across your listening environment. Once you start music in the HEOS app, you can ask the Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks, and more. Once you have grouped your HEOS-enabled devices using the HEOS app, you can use the Google Assistant and voice commands to control a group of HEOS devices as a whole. Make sure the unit has the latest HEOS software and firmware update installed.
- A firmware update (scheduled for 2019) will allow you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to queue up music services, power on/off devices, switch inputs and more.
- Click here for more info on Google Assistant for HEOS.
MultEQ Editor App: Download the MultEQ Editor App onto your Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 4.0+ devices for further sound customization and detailed tuning to more precisely tailor the sound to your room and personal preferences. This app lets you view the speaker detection results to check correct installation, view before and after results of the Audyssey calibration making it easy to identify room problems, edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes, adjust the EQ frequency adjustment range for each channel pair, switch between 2 high frequency roll-off target curves, enable/disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother, as well as save and load calibration results.
IR Remote: The Marantz SR5013 comes with an IR remote for wireless operation of the AV receiver. It also supports HDMI-CEC and Smart TV Control.
- HDMI CEC: HDMI CEC allows you to link operation of the receiver with other audio/video components (like your TV, Blu-ray player, or satellite/cable box) that are connected via HDMI. Linked functions include Power On/Off, which turns the receiver On or Off when you power on or off an HDMI CEC connected component; and Source Switching, which automatically switches the receiver to the input of the HDMI CEC component that has begun playback. The HDMI CEC function can be disabled, if your prefer. Not all HDMI CEC compatible devices will function in the same way.
- Smart TV Control: You can even control the Marantz SR5013 with your Smart TV remote via an HDMI connection and the HDMI CEC functionality associated with your Smart TV. Simply set "HDMI Control" to ON in the receiver, then set "Smart Menu" to ON and begin controlling the SR5013 with your TV's remote. The Smart Menu home screen provides you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR's setup menu and four Smart Selects (or "Quick Selects").
Custom Integration: The Marantz SR5013 provides advanced remote connectivity and control features often required for custom home integration and theater applications using premium control systems. These features include Remote In/Out, Flasher In, DC Trigger Out, RS-232C port, and IP (web) control.
- Remote In/Out: These RCA input/output connectors allow you to connect the SR5013 to a Marantz component equipped with remote control (RC-5) terminals.
- Flasher In: This 3.5mm input is used to control the SR5013 from an external key-pad (sold separately).
- DC Trigger Output: The DC trigger output (3.5mm) allows you to connect an external device so it can be turned on by the SR5013.
- RS-232C: The RS-232C port is to be used in conjunction with an external controller to control the operation of the unit by using an external device. The RS-232C port may also be used in the future to update the operating software of the unit so that it will be able to support new digital audio formats.
- IP (Web) Control: IP or web control allows you to operate the receiver from a web browser on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
On-Screen Menu w/ Setup Wizard (via HDMI): With the on-screen graphical display that combines large clear text and colorful icons, plus the Marantz Setup Assistant, setup is both simple and quick, letting you easily make all necessary adjustments and settings to quickly and easily optimize the SR5013 for your particular speaker configuration and source equipment. When you control the sound volume, the volume level is displayed on the screen, and when you switch the input source, the name of the input source is displayed. The on-screen menu display can only be output to your TV via HDMI.
- The on-screen menu and setup assistant is required for initial setup and is only available through the receiver's HDMI output.
- The on-screen menu is only supported by the main HDMI monitor output.
- The video being played will not appear in the background of the menu when the menu is operated during playback of 4K, HDR, or 3D video; or if the video aspect ratio is not 16:9 or 4:3.
Smart Select: On the SR5013's front-panel, you'll find four Smart Select buttons that let you quickly choose from the most popular input sources; the ergonomically designed remote also includes Smart Select function buttons. With Smart Select, the SR5013 remembers not only your preferred inputs but also your preferred audio settings, so you can enjoy precisely tailored sound with each one.
Gapless Playback: Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. Compatible with FLAC, WAV, ALAC, and DSD music files via USB or DLNA.
Input Name & Delete: You can change the display name (up to 12 characters) of a selected input source. If an input isn't being used, you can delete it from the display so you don't have to scroll past it when you change sources.
Lock Functions: To prevent accidental operation of the AV receiver, you can disable operation of the buttons on the front-panel. You can also disable the receiver's IR sensor to prevent accidental operation of the receiver from the remote control. You can even disable operation of only Zone 2 from the remote control.
Timers: The Marantz AV receiver features a programmable Sleep Timer and Auto Standby function.
- Sleep Timer: This function allows you to automatically set the power to standby after a predetermined amount of time has passed; set the sleep timer up to 120 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Auto Standby: The unit enters standby mode automatically when no commands are sent to the unit for the set time (15/30/60 minutes). Before it enters the standby mode, "Auto Standby" is displayed on the front-panel display of this unit and the on-screen menu.
Smart ECO Mode: This receiver is equipped with a Smart ECO Mode function that allows you to enjoy music and movies while reducing the power consumption during use, Smart Eco Mode adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level selected to reduce power consumption.
Personal Memory Plus: For each input, the receiver automatically memorizes the settings for input mode, surround mode, HDMI output mode, audio delay, etc. When the input source is switched, the settings last used for that source are automatically recalled. The surround parameters, tone control settings, and playback levels for the different output channels are memorized for each surround mode.
Protection Circuit: This is a function to prevent damage to components within the power supply when an abnormality such as an overload, excess voltage, or over-heating occurs. In this unit, the power indicator blinks and the unit enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked