About the Marantz TT42P
Marantz's TT42P turntable makes it easy to breathe new life into your record collection. It offers both 33-1/3 or 45 rpm playback speeds with the flick of a switch so you can enjoy your LPs and 45s for years to come. Marantz even includes a 45 rpm adapter for added convenience. This 'table's sturdy base and belt-drive design minimize the vibrations that can compromise sound quality. The included moving magnet cartridge delivers smooth, detailed sound, and comes pre-mounted for quick and easy setup.
Automatic playback with manual control
This turntable gives you convenient fully automatic operation, with auto-return and shut-off. A cueing lift lever also lets you manually raise the tonearm and place it precisely on any track you wish without the risk of scratching your records. The included detachable dust cover helps keep your 'table clean between uses.
Comes with a handy built-in phono preamp
The TT42P features a built-in preamp for hassle-free connection to a system that lacks a dedicated phono input, such as those that include many of a number of modern home theater receivers. Simply plug the turntable into any normal line-level input (just as you would a CD player) and you're ready to play vinyl.
- aluminum platter
- belt-drive system with DC servo motor ensures accurate speed and rumble-free sound reproduction
- built-in preamp for playback with audio systems lacking phono input
- fully automatic operation
- manual lifter mechanism
- moving magnet cartridge included
- removable dust cover
- attached RCA audio cable
- heavy base construction
- speed selector: 33-1/3 rpm & 45 rpm
- frequency range (with included cartridge): 20-18,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 65 dB
- 16-9/16"W x 5-3/16"H x 14-1/4"D
- weight: 11.9 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years (60 days on cartridge and stylus)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TT42P
What's in the box:
- Turntable chassis
- AC power adapter (with attached 6.5' DC cord)
- Felt pad
- Dust cover
- 2 Hinges
- 45 Adapter
- User Guide
- Important Note
More details on the Marantz TT42P
Overview: The Marantz TT-42P is a fully automatic, high quality turntable with DC servo belt-drive, low-coloration tone arm, built-in preamp, and transparent dust cover. The TT-42P is the ideal answer to your need for a high performance source component for analog records.
Built-in Phono Preamp: Because many audio receivers do not feature a dedicated phono input, the TT-42P comes with a built-in phono input circuitry. This allows you to plug the TT-42P into any line level audio input (the same type of input you would use for a compact disc player) for easy, plug-and-play enjoyment of your vinyl collection.
Fully Automatic: The Marantz TT-42P turntable features full automatic operation for easy & comfortable operation that protects the stylus from damage. The turntable offers automatic start, plus automatic tone-arm return & stop.
Low Noise DC Servo Motor: The Marantz TT-42P full automatic turntable employs a DC Servo motor belt-drive system (with rubber belt & metal bearings) to ensure accurate speed & rumble-free sound reproduction.
33-1/3 & 45 RPM: The TT-42P offers two speed selection playback in both 33 1/3 & 45 rpm (adapter included).
MM Cartridge: The Marantz turntable's MM cartridge (Audio Technica AT91) is compatible with a vast majority of the amplifiers & receivers.
- This turntable offers a pre-adjusted/pre-set counterweight that is designed to work with the included MM cartridge. The counterweight cannot be adjusted as it is fixed into position, so swapping out the cartridge for a different one, or fine tuning using a force gauge is not possible.
- A replacement stylus is available from Audio Technica (Model: ATN-91) and can be purchased if there is a need to replace the one that originally comes with the turntable.
Attached Stereo RCA/Ground Cables: The Marantz TT-42P is fitted with an attached 44" stereo RCA cable & 35" ground wire.
- Platter: 11.968"
- RPM: 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB
- Wow & Flutter: +/- 0, 10; 0.07%
- Overall Weight: 11.9 lb
Tone Arm Section:
- Effective Length: 8.307"
- Overhang: 0.767"
- Offset Angle: 26°
- Tangential Tracking Error: 0.15°/cm Radius
- Tracking Force: 25mN (22.5-27.5 mN)
Cartridge (Audio Technica AT91):
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Output Voltage: 3.5mV
- Vertical Tracking Force: 2.0g
- Input Sensitivity: 5mV, 1 kHz
- Output Level: 240 mV/1 kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.01%
- RIAA Equalization (30 Hz-15 kHz): +/- 0.5 dB
- Power Consumption: ca. 5mA
2 questions already asked