About the Klipsch Reference R-34C
When you're watching the latest Hollywood blockbuster, you want to feel like you're sitting in the front row of a movie theater — where you can hear all of the dialogue and sound effects as if you were in the picture. The Klipsch R-34C delivers, thanks to a horn-loaded tweeter and four copper spun 3-1/2" woofers. It's the perfect low-profile center channel to anchor your Reference surround sound system.
Build a complete Reference system
Combine the R-34C with other Klipsch Reference speakers for a complete home theater system.
Bookshelf speakers: Klipsch R-41M and Klipsch R-51M
Surround speakers: Klipsch R-14S
Floor-standing speakers: Klipsch R-610F, Klipsch R-620F and Klipsch R-820F
Powered subwoofers: Klipsch R-10SW and Klipsch R-12SW
- frequency response: 82-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS (400 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum diaphragm tweeter
- four 3-1/2" copper spun IMG woofers
- bass-reflex enclosure with dual forward-firing Tractrix® ports
- removable grille offers a clean, streamlined look
- durable textured wood grain vinyl finish
- dual gold-plated binding post speaker terminals
- 26-1/16"W x 4-15/16"H x 6-1/4"D (5-1/4"H with supplied rubber feet)
- weight: 13 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1065837
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- Grille (installed)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-34C
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||3-1/2|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Power Range||up to 100|
|Frequency Response||82-21k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-34C center channel loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- 90°x90° Tractrix Horn: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage. Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0" tweeter with a linear travel suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. In addition, Using Kapton (an extremely light and rigid material) in the tweeter suspension provides high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
Quad 3.5" Copper-Spun IMG Woofers: The Klipsch R-34C center channel speaker houses four 3.5" Copper-Spun IMG woofers. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofers are exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
Dual Tractrix Ports: The dual front-firing Tractrix ports are perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofers, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion or turbulence even at the lowest frequencies. The front-firing ports allow the R-34C center speaker to be placed right against your wall or entertainment system without effecting the bass response.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-34C center channel speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-34C center channel speaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent.
Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference series center channel speaker is fitted with sturdy binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Mounting & Placement Options: The Klipsch R-34C can be placed on a speaker stand, TV stand, or shelf. It can also be wall-mounted. The center channel speaker should be placed as close to the screen as possible, preferably directly on top of or below the screen.
- Rubber Feet: The center loudspeaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.3125" to the overall height of the speaker.
- Keyhole Slot: The Klipsch Reference series center channel speaker feature dual keyhole slots on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied).
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of four floorstanding speakers (R-610F/R-620F/R-820F/R-625FA), two bookshelf speakers (R-41/R-51M), two center channel speakers (R-34C/R-52C), and one Dolby Atmos speaker (R-41SA) - all sold separately. The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately).
9 questions already asked