About the Klipsch Reference R-41M
Classic Klipsch sound at a great value
Classic Klipsch sound at a great value
I own a pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers. I love them for good reason: they sound great. I also love the classic look of a horn-loaded tweeter above a burnished copper-colored woofer. This pair of compact, affordable R-41Ms continues the Klipsch tradition of crafting high-quality speakers that offer powerful, lifelike sound.
The horn-loaded tweeter — a hallmark of the Klipsch brand — produces clear, detailed highs. Each speaker's copper spun 4" woofer delivers solid midrange and bass response. And binding post wire terminals offer easy, secure wire connections. Make these speakers part of a two-channel music system that doesn't take up much shelf space. Or use a pair of R-41Ms as the front channels of a compact surround sound speaker system.
Build a complete Reference system
Add more bass to the R-41Ms with a matching subwoofer, or team them with other Klipsch Reference speakers for high-impact home theater.
Bookshelf speakers: Klipsch R-51M
Center channels: Klipsch R-34C and Klipsch R-52C
Surround speakers: Klipsch R-14S
Floor-standing speakers: Klipsch R-610F, Klipsch R-620F and Klipsch R-820F
Powered subwoofers: Klipsch R-10SW and Klipsch R-12SW
- frequency response: 68-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- power handling: up to 50 watts RMS (200 watts peak)
- 90° x 90° Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix® horn with 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) aluminum diaphragm compression tweeter
- 4" copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofer
- bass-reflex design
- rear-firing port provides fast, efficient airflow from the cabinet for clear, powerful bass
- removable grilles offer a clean, streamlined look
- durable wood grain vinyl finish
- binding post speaker terminals
- 5-3/4"W x 11-1/16"H x 7-15/16"D
- weight: 7 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1065838
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (installed)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Quick Setup Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
More details on the Klipsch Reference R-41M
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||Tractrix Horn|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.0|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4|
|Woofer Composition||Copper-spun IMG|
|Power Range||up to 50|
|Frequency Response||68-21k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||26-31|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The R-41M bookshelf loudspeaker features Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix Horn technology mated with a 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, for impressive high-end response and greater extension, enhanced imaging and powerful dynamics.
- 90°x90° Tractrix Horn: The square Tractrix Horn delivers a 90° (w) x 90° (h) dispersion pattern for a broader sound-stage. Klipsch exclusive Tractrix horn technology ensures that the speaker's high frequency energy is aimed at the listener and reduces artificial reverb or filtering caused by indirect sound bouncing off of walls. Using this proprietary focused technology provides clarity, dynamics, and detail for your movies and music
- LTS (Linear Travel Suspension): Behind each horn lies a 1.0" tweeter with a linear travel suspension. Klipsch exclusive Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performances. In addition, Using Kapton (an extremely light and rigid material) in the tweeter suspension provides high efficiency and improve resolution and detail.
4" Copper-Spun IMG Woofer: The Klipsch R-41M bookshelf speaker houses a single 4" Copper-Spun IMG woofer. The Copper-Spun IMG (Injection Molded Graphite) woofer is exceptionally light while being extremely rigid - providing remarkable low frequency response, with minimal cone breakup and distortion.
Flared Port: The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker features a rear-firing port that is perfectly matched to the cabinet and drivers. The port is precisely flared to minimize turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch R-41M bookshelf speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch R-41M bookshelf speaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent.
5-Way Binding Posts: The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker is fitted with sturdy 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The 5-way binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single or dual), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Mounting Options: The Klipsch R-41M can be placed on a speaker stand, bookshelf, table, or other flat surface. It can also be wall-mounted.
- Rubber Feet: The bookshelf loudspeaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.3125" to the overall height of the speaker.
- Keyhole Slot: The Klipsch Reference series bookshelf speaker feature a single keyhole slot on the back of the cabinet for wall-mounting the speaker without any additional wall-mount bracket (mounting screws not supplied).
Application & Placement: The Klipsch R-41M bookshelf loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- Front Placement: For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- Rear Placement: When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the loudspeakers should be placed approximately 2' above the listening position. Typically this will be approximately 5' to 7' above the floor. The surrounds should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position. Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Series: The Klipsch Reference series consists of four floorstanding speakers (R-610F/R-620F/R-820F/R-625FA), two bookshelf speakers (R-41/R-51M), two center channel speakers (R-34C/R-52C), and one Dolby Atmos speaker (R-41SA) - all sold separately. The Klipsch Reference series line-up of loudspeakers sound great in stereo and home theater applications.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately).
The Klipsch Reference R-41M replaces these items
10 questions already asked