About the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-600M
Classic Klipsch bookshelf sound
Classic Klipsch bookshelf sound
Klipsch Reference Premiere speakers have earned rave reviews from Crutchfield customers for years. The RP-600M is the largest bookshelf speaker in the new Reference Premiere lineup, and continues the company's pedigree of ultra-efficient, high-performance sound. These attractive bookshelf speakers feature a 6-1/2" spun-copper woofer for punchy bass and powerful midrange, and Klipsch's signature 1" horn-loaded tweeter for smooth, detailed highs.
Each Reference Premiere RP-600M bookshelf speaker features a horn-loaded tweeter for ultra-smooth highs.
Hybrid horn technology for dynamic performance
Horn technology is one of Klipsch's long-standing hallmarks. Flared openings in the speaker cabinet project sound waves toward your listening area and prevent them from simply spilling out in all directions. This design reduces reflections that can color the sound, and boosts dynamics and efficiency for powerful, "front row" sound that remains crystal-clear at all volume levels.
Klipsch's Tractrix® horn features a circular throat around an advanced titanium diaphragm tweeter that transitions into a square 90º x 90º mouth. This unique shape provides a cleaner, more efficient transition of sound waves into your listening space. The result is a wide listening "sweet spot" with precise placement of instruments and vocals.
A horn that enhances bass, too
Take a look at the back of these speakers and you'll find that instead of the conventional round port tube found on many speakers, Klipsch uses a Tractrix horn-shaped opening for smoother, more efficient airflow in and out of the cabinet. The resulting decrease in air turbulence makes for cleaner, more powerful bass with reduced port noise and low-frequency distortion.
Because these speakers are rear-ported, I recommend pulling them away from your wall or the back of the bookshelf to give them room to "breathe."
Bi-amp or bi-wire for even better sound
On the back of each speaker you'll find two sets of speaker input terminals. These let you bi-amp or bi-wire your RP-600Ms to get the best sound out of them.
- 1" LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix horn
- 6-1/2" Cerametallic cone woofer with rigid and lightweight voice coil
- frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS (400 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing Tractrix port
- magnetically attached grilles for a clean, streamlined look
- ebony vinyl finish with scratch-resistant design
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 8"W x 15-3/4"H x 11-7/8"D
- weight: 16 lbs. each
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1065804
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles (installed)
- 8 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- 4 Terminal jumpers (installed)
- User Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Information
More details on the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-600M
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Power Range||up to 100|
|Frequency Response||45-25k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||22-26|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Horn-Loaded Tweeter: The Klipsch RP-600M bookshelf loudspeaker features a 1" Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with a Hybrid Tractrix Horn for exceptional high frequency response, detail, and dispersion. Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-600M bookshelf speakers are aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
- Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter: The titanium tweeter diaphragm's light weight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters. A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction. Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound. A ceramic magnet housing provides premium performance,
- Hybrid Tractrix Horn Technology: This redesigned 90°x90° Hybrid Tractrix Horn utilizes a circular horn throat paired to a square horn mouth to further improve high-frequency response and extension, while enhancing imaging and dynamics. The Hybrid Tractrix Horn's compressed molded silicon face adds high frequency damping to reduce harshness and horn resonance for a smoother frequency response with improved detail - creating a clean and natural sound. Klipsch also utilizes computer modeled phase plugs that act as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
6.5" Cerametallic Woofer: The RP-600M bookshelf loudspeaker utilizes a 6.5" Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofer. Cerametallic consists of extremely light, rigid materials that can hold shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency. The Klipsch Cerametallic cone is matted to a dual-layer, copper-wound voice coil for exceptional conductivity. The 6.5" woofer is housed in a non-resonating, stamped-steel basket that's secured to a large magnet motor for exceptional efficiency and low distortion.
Rear Tractrix Port: The rear Tractrix port of the RP-600M bookshelf loudspeaker is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofer, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion and turbulence even at the lowest frequencies. Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port. Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
MDF Cabinet: The Klipsch RP-600M bookshelf speaker features a MDF cabinet with a scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl that seamlessly integrates into almost any room or decor. The enclosure's reinforced MDF construction reduces cabinet vibration for less audible coloration and improved sonic accuracy. The MDF enclosure also features a satin painted baffle with a scratch resistant design for an elegant look without the grille.
Acoustically Transparent Grille: The Klipsch RP-600M bookshelf loudspeaker comes with a removable, black cloth grille that is magnetic and acoustically transparent. This strong magnetic grille provides protection and a sleek aesthetic look to compliment your home's decor.
Dual Binding Posts: The Klipsch RP-600M is fitted with two sets of sturdy binding posts allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the bookshelf loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Mounting Options: The Klipsch RP-600M can be placed on a speaker stand, bookshelf, table, or other flat surface. The bookshelf loudspeaker comes with self-adhesive rubber feet to secure the speaker in place and prevent any damage to your stand's or shelf's surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speaker.
Note: There are no included brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to wall-mount the speaker.
Application & Placement: The Klipsch RP-600M bookshelf loudspeaker can be used in a dedicated stereo application or in a home theater application as front and/or rear speakers.
- Front Placement: For optimum performance in a stereo application or as front speakers in a home theater application, Klipsch suggests placing the loudspeakers 6' to 15' apart. They may also be toed-in slightly for better stereo imaging. The listening position should be about 1 to 1.5x the distance separating the speakers.
- Rear Placement: When used as surround speakers in a home theater setup, the loudspeakers should be placed approximately 2' above the listening position. Typically this will be approximately 5' to 7' above the floor. The surrounds should be placed on the walls directly adjacent to the listening position. Another option would be on the wall behind the listening position.
Reference Premiere Series: The Klipsch Reference Premiere series utilizes a redesigned hybrid 90°x90° Tractrix Horn, a vented LTS titanium tweeter, Cerametallic woofer construction, and Tractrix geometry port technology for sound that will envelope you and blow you away. The Reference Premiere series by Klipsch consists of a variety of floorstanding, bookshelf, center, and surround speakers (all sold separately). Click on the Accessories Tab to find more Reference Premiere series speakers for your home system.
Optional Powered Sub: For bigger & deeper bass response, pair the Klipsch Reference Premiere series loudspeaker with one of Klipsch's powered subwoofers (sold separately - click on Accessories Tab).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked