About the Klipsch WA-2
Connect your Klipsch powered subwoofer to your sound system wirelessly
Put your Klipsch subwoofer anywhere you want with the WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit. This simple, two-piece plug-and-play kit adds wireless audio capability to select Klipsch subwoofers in seconds. Plug your sub into a nearby wall outlet, connect the small wireless receiver to the proprietary "WA Port" on the back of the sub, connect the transmitter to your receiver and power, and you're done. The transmitter sends wireless audio signals from your receiver to the sub, so you won't have to worry about running interconnect cables across your floor.
- plug-and-play kit adds wireless audio capability to select Klipsch subwoofers, including the SW-110, SW-112, SW-115, SW-308, SW-310, and SW-311
- includes wireless transmitter with power adapter and subwoofer receiver
- transmitter connects to the line-level or LFE outputs on a receiver or preamp
- receiver connects to the proprietary "WA Port" on compatible Klipsch subwoofers
- wireless range: approx. 50 feet
- transmitter: 3-1/16"W x 1-1/16"H x 4-5/8"D
- receiver: 2-5/16"W x 3-3/4"H x 1"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1011669
What's in the box:
- Wireless transmitter
- Wireless receiver
- AC power adapter (with attached 6' DC cord)
- 15" Stereo RCA cable
- Owner's Manual
More details on the Klipsch WA-2
Wireless Subwoofer Kit: The Klipsch WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit is designed to add simplistic wireless capability to select powered subwoofers. The Klipsch WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit consists of two components; a wireless Transmitter & wireless Receiver. The WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit makes adding a powered subwoofer to a new or existing speaker system much easier, because it replaces the need for a separate subwoofer cable that traditionally must be connected between the receiver and the powered sub. Now, you can easily place your powered subwoofer where it both sounds and looks best in the room since you're not restricted by an audio cable.
Compatibility: The Klipsch WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit is compatible with select Klipsch, Energy, Mirage, and Jamo brand powered subwoofers that have a "WA-Port" on the rear-panel. Compatible subwoofer includes (as of 7/24/2012):
- Klipsch: SPL-100, SPL-120, SW-110, SW-112, SW-115, SW-308, SW-310, & SW-311
- Energy: ESW-M6 & ESW-M8
- Mirage: MM-6, MM8
- Jamo: Sub 800
Note: Up to four WA-2's can be used simultaneously.
Wireless 2.4GHZ Communication: The Klipsch WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit (WA-2) operates wirelessly over the 2.4GHz frequency range with a wireless transmission range of up to 50'. Because of its advanced automatic channel selection technology, the WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit does not interfere with, nor has interference from any other wireless systems in your home (such as your wireless network or wireless phone system).
Automatic Pairing: The two-piece kit, composed of a transmitter and a receiver, conducts a simple automatic pairing process that syncs the transmitter and receiver the first time they are used; after that, your compatible powered sub is automatically activated when ready for use.
Two-Piece Kit: The Klipsch WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit consists of two components; a wireless Transmitter & wireless Receiver.
- Wireless Transmitter: The wireless Transmitter is fitted with stereo RCA jacks that connect to your home theater receiver's LFE/subwoofer output port (via the included 15" audio cable; Y-adapter maybe required). You will also need to connect the Transmitter's external power supply to an AC wall outlet for power.
- Wireless Receiver: The wireless Receiver features a proprietary 4-pin connector which plugs into the "WA-port" of your compatible powered subwoofer. There are two keyhole slots on the wireless Receiver which allows you to mount the unit to the back of your powered sub. The proprietary 4-pin "WA-port" connector provides audio signal to your powered sub and power for the wireless Receiver.
Gain Control: The transmitter's input gain control compensates for varying output levels of different home theater receivers, allowing maximum performance with any system.
- Frequency of Operation: 2.4GHz ISM band
- Channel Selection: Automatic
- Signal Range: 50'
- Frequency Response: 15-150Hz (+0/-3dB)
- Transmitter: 3.0625" (w) x 1.0625" (h) x 4.625" (d)
- Receiver: 2.3125" (w) x 3.75" (h) x 1.0" (d)
7 questions already asked