About the Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000
Treat yourself to impressive center channel sound
Treat yourself to impressive center channel sound
The ProCenter 2000 is the top-of-line center channel speaker in Definitive's ProCinema series. This compact, versatile speaker reproduces crystal-clear dialogue and true-to-life sound effects — perfect if you do more home theater than music listening.
High-tech drivers for rich sound
Dual 5-1/4" woofers produce robust midrange and bass frequencies, which are turbocharged by 5-1/4" bass radiators at both ends of the cabinet (see more photos). This clever design doubles the lower-midrange radiating area without increasing the size of the enclosure. A 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter produces extended highs that reveal nuance and subtle detail without a trace of edginess.
Compact, easy-to-place speaker
You can place the ProCenter 2000 on a shelf using the included leveler foot, or mount it on your wall using the threaded inserts. This speaker is voice-matched with Definitive's complete ProCinema series, and can be paired with any ProCinema surround or subwoofer. To create a high-performance ProCinema system, pair the ProCenter 2000 with four ProMonitor 1000 satellites and a ProSub 1000.
Did you know?
Your new speakers will probably sound better after several weeks of use than they do right out of the box. That's because the material surrounding the woofers will loosen up, allowing the drivers to move more fully. Definitive Technology estimates a break-in period of 24 to 48 hours of playback before the speakers will deliver optimum sound quality. For more information and helpful tips, check out this article from Definitive's website about conditioning your speakers.
- video-shielded for safe placement next to any TV
- frequency response 42-30,000 Hz
- sensitivity 91 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- handles up to 250 watts
- 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter
- dual 5-1/4" BDSS bass/midrange drivers pressure-coupled to two 5-1/4" bass radiators
- non-resonant PolyStone cabinet
- 5-way binding posts
- gloss black finish
- adjustable leveler foot
- 17" W x 6-5/8"H x 6-7/16"D
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NDLA
What's in the box:
- Black center-channel speaker
- Removable cloth grille (installed)
- 2 Plastic inserts
- Owner's Manual
- Online Product Registration card
More details on the Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||---|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Frequency Response||42-30k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Overview: The Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 video-shielded center-channel speaker utilizes state-of-the-art components (BDSS driver coupled with a pressure-driven planar low-frequency radiator, a pure aluminum dome tweeter, a uniphase crossover network, and a non-resonant PolyStone cabinet with low diffraction construction) in order to achieve the most lifelike sound possible in your listening room. As much as 75% of a movie's soundtrack is played by the center-channel loudspeaker making it arguably the most important speaker in a home theater system. The ProCenter 2000 loudspeaker is ideal for use as a center-channel speaker in conjunction with Dolby Surround Sound Pro-Logic and Dolby Digital decoding.
Pressure Coupled Radiator Design: The ProMonitor center-channel speaker provides clear, high-definition sound by pressure-coupling Definitive's exclusive BDSS technology drivers to two equal-sized mid/bass radiators cleverly placed on the sides of the center-speaker. This technique doubles the lower-midrange radiating area of the speaker without increasing the size of the enclosure. The result is a warm and life-like sound.
BDSS Technology: Definitive Technology's Balanced Double Surround System (BDSS) driver offers a wide-bandwidth accurate frequency response, broad dispersion, low distortion, and detail retrieval; so you hear more the music with greater accuracy and enjoyment. BDSS drivers incorporate the following design features.
- Balanced Double Surrounds: The speaker's balanced double surrounds support the cone at two points to provide better mechanical stability for longer, more linear excursion, and improved damping to suppress parasitic cone resonance.
- Mineral-Filled Polymer Cone: The ProCenter 2000 features a deeply drawn mineral-filled polymer cone engineered using sophisticated 3D modeling techniques for wide range performance.
- Waveguide: The cone's integrated waveguide smoothes off-axis response for broad, even dispersion and better imaging.
- High Temperature Voice Coil: The driver's high temperature, oversized, lightweight vented voice coil offers improved power handling and quick transient response. The voice coil is also lengthened to increase linearity and lower distortion.
- Magnet Structure: The driver's magnetic system is optimized by finite element analysis to maximize magnetic flux in the gap for high efficiency and linear excursion.
- Die-Cast Alloy Basket: The die-cast alloy basket minimizes ringing and vibration while the open area minimizes back wave reflection.
Drivers: The Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 features two 5-1/4" BDSS driver coupled to two side-firing 5-1/4" pressure-driven planar low-frequency radiators, and a 1" pure aluminum dome tweeter.
Break-In Period: The ProCenter 2000 loudspeaker will sound good right out of the box; however, an extended break-in period of 20-40 hours or more of playing is required to reach full performance capability. The break-in period allows the suspensions to work in and results in full bass, a more open midrange, and smoother high frequency reproduction.
Non-Resonant PolyStone Cabinet: The Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 uses a non-resonant PolyStone cabinet with low diffraction construction. The speaker cabinet is available in a high-gloss black or white finish. The speaker's cabinet features a removable cloth grille.
Binding Posts: The ProCenter 2000 is equipped with a pair of gold-plated, 5-way binding posts to attach your receiver's speaker wire.
Mounting: The Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 can be mounted on a stand or shelf; or even wall-mounted. The ProCenter 2000 has two threaded inserts (1/4"-20) on the back, which can be used with a pair of optional Definitive Technology ProMount brackets (735PMT90, sold separately) or other manufacture wall-mount bracket (sold separately) to mount the ProCenter 2000 on the wall.
Placement: The Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000 can be placed above or below your television.
Angle Adjustment: The ProCenter 2000 loudspeaker has a simple built-in device which allows you to adjust the vertical angle of the speaker. There is an adjustable rubber-foot on the bottom-rear of the speaker cabinet. when you set the center-channel speaker down, the speaker will lean back and rest on this foot. By varying how far you screw in-and-out the foot, you can adjust the vertical angle of the speaker. It is recommended that you aim the center-speaker so that it aims directly towards the height of the listeners' ears.
10 questions already asked