About the PSB SubSeries 150
Great bass from a space-saving design
Whether you stand it up, lay it down flat, or mount it on the wall, PSB's space-saving SubSeries 150 will deliver deep, powerful bass that makes your movies, music, and video games come alive.
Great bass from a space-saving design
Let's face it, no matter how much you dress them up, a lot of subwoofers are big boxes that tend to dominate the room they live in (often to the chagrin of significant others). PSB has an attractive, great-sounding alternative to the "big box" approach — the SubSeries 150. This powered subwoofer's sleek, high-gloss black cabinet not only blends in nicely with virtually any décor, its versatile low-profile design gives you some cool installation options to better fit your needs and your room.
Up high, down low, or out of sight
Need to conserve valuable floor space? No problem. Use the handy included bracket to mount the SubSeries 150 discretely on almost any wall in your room. PSB also included feet that let you stand the sub up vertically for convenient placement beside a sofa or chair. Still need to save more room? Simply lay the subwoofer down flat and slide it under an end table or couch for a completely stealthy installation.
Powerful and easy to connect
The SubSeries 150 might be small, but it still rocks hard like a PSB. Its custom-designed 6-1/2" woofer is paired with an efficient, cool-running 100-watt amplifier for tight, accurate low-frequency sound. You get an adjustable volume control, plus controls for setting the crossover frequency and phase to ensure a perfect sonic match with your main speakers and your room. A Low Frequency Effects (LFE) input accepts the subwoofer connection from your A/V receiver, plus an LFE output makes it easy to connect a second sub for even more bass thrills.
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- 100-watt RMS amplifier (200 watts peak)
- 6-1/2" front-firing polypropylene woofer
- frequency response: 26-150 Hz (±3dB)
- continuously variable 50-150 Hz crossover
- variable phase control (0-180°)
- LFE (Low Frequency Effects) input for connection to a home theater receiver's subwoofer output
- line-level LFE output for connection to a second subwoofer
- auto on/standby
- can be placed upright (with included feet) or flat with driver facing up to save space
- wall-mountable (bracket included)
- high-gloss black finish
- 17-1/8"W x 10-7/8"H x 3-7/8"D
- weight: 13.3 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 1 year electronics
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SubSeries 150
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Mounting feet
- Wall-mount bracket
- Quick Start Subwoofer Guide
- Limited Warranty sheet
- Important Safety Instructions
More details on the PSB SubSeries 150
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||6 1/2|
|Preamp-Level Inputs||LFE, Stereo RCA|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-150Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||100|
|Frequency Response||26-150 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
PSB SubSeries: The PSB SubSeries 150 powered subwoofer is designed to provide the flattest possible frequency response, full bass extension, low distortion, and high output. The PSB SubSeries powered subwoofer is perfect for music and movie soundtracks.
Class D Discrete MOSFET Amp: The PSB SubSeries 150 powered subwoofer employs a custom-designed Class D discrete MOSFET amplifier rated at 100W RMS/200W Peak. The built-in digital amplifier features an automatic varying switching frequency that maintains maximum efficiency and low THD under all conditions. The Class D amplifier also incorporates proprietary limiting circuitry preventing audible overload while remaining true to the dynamics of your music or movie sound track. This circuitry combines peak limiting circuits that hold amplifier signal swing to the point just short of the amplifier's clipping, with compression circuitry that will reduce the amplifier's gain.
6.5" Woofer: To compliment the powerful Class D amplifier, the SubSeries 150 uses a front-firing 6.5" polypropylene cone woofer with rubber surround, high-temperature voice coil and vented pole piece. The woofer is designed to reduce mechanical noise and prevent harsh sounds at extreme excursion.
Top-Mounted Controls: Three rotary control knobs (volume/crossover/phase) are provided on the top-panel of the powered sub for setup.
- Volume Control: The rotary volume knob controls the output level of the powered subwoofer, relative to the volume of the other speakers in the system.
- Low-Pass Crossover: The low-pass crossover adjusts the high-frequency roll-off of signals sent to the subwoofer. The control is continuously variable from 50 Hz to 150 Hz, and allows you to precisely match the subwoofer's bass production with your system's main left & right stereo speakers.
- Phase Dial: The phase dial allows for the adjustment of the phase of the subwoofer in relation to the speakers used in the system; from 0 to 180 degrees.
Inputs & Outputs: The PSB SubSeries 150 powered subwoofer offers LFE and stereo RCA inputs, as well as LFE and stereo RCA outputs.
- LFE/Stereo Inputs: A LFE or stereo RCA input is provided for connecting your receiver. You can use a single RCA cable to connect the LFE (low frequency effects) Output of your receiver, preamplifier, or integrated amp. Since the LFE output is filtered on the receiver/preamp/amp, the subwoofer's variable low-pass filter is bypassed. If your receiver or integrated amplifier has preamp outputs, or if you are using a preamplifier without a designated LFE output, the preferred connection is to use a stereo RCA cable plugged into both left and right inputs. In this case, you will use the powered sub's low-pass crossover.
- LFE/Stereo Outputs: A LFE or stereo RCA output is provided for daisy-chaining another powered sub. The LFE output is filtered by the powered sub's built-in low-pass crossover, while the stereo RCA outputs are unfiltered and full-range.
Flexible Mounting Options: The SubSeries 150 powered sub can stand up vertically or horizontally for placement behind or beside a sofa or chair. You can also lay the powered sub down and slide it out-of-sight under a couch or end table. You can even wall-mount the SubSeries 150 using the included wall-mount bracket. Dimensions are as follows based on mounting application.
- Vertical (w/ feet): 17.5625" (w) x 11.0" (h) x 5.625" (d)
- Horizontal (flat on back): 17.5625" (w) x 4.8125" (h) x 10.6875" (d)
- Wall-Mount (w/ bracket): 17.5625" (w) x 10.3125" (h) x 4.8125" (d)
Auto On/Off: The powered subwoofer features a main power switch on the back panel. When switched to On, the subwoofer is initially in stand-by mode, awaiting the presence of an audio signal. When the signal is received, the subwoofer turns on automatically. When no signal is detected, the sub's amp will automatically turn off after approximately 15 minutes. In the Off position, the subwoofer will not power up. A green LED, located on the front panel between the control knobs, will glow when the subwoofer is active (it will glow red when off).