About the Sound Ordnance™ B-8P
Meet Dominic DeVito
I'm energized by music and reliable directions, so car GPS and audio are my bailiwicks.
I've been a writer here at Crutchfield since 2006. My specialties have been car audio, GPS navigation, and radar detectors, which I've covered basically since day one. In 2008 I started shaping local print advertising for our retail stores in central Virginia. This introduced me to even more ways that Crutchfield connects with our customers and community.
I'm a huge fan of live music, and have been since my high school days. Once I was in college, I started following my favorite bands around the country, and still do today.
Those travels gave me a deep appreciation for reliable navigation. I remember the days of paper maps and printing directions from websites all too well. I've been tracking the evolution of dedicated portable and in-dash GPS navigation since I started here. I still see these devices as highly beneficial even as many people rely on their smartphones for guidance.
In the meantime, I've worked at several record stores and served as a DJ for a community radio station for over 20 years, allowing me to form bonds with other music lovers and fans of great sound. I used to write record and concert reviews for a handful of blogs and local publications, and you can find more of my writing in the book Schools That Rock: The Rolling Stone College Guide.
More about Dominic
- Started at Crutchfield in 2006
- Completed our thorough in-house Advisor training, learning about the ins and outs of our various products
- Attends dozens of vendor training events each year
- Authored dozens of Crutchfield articles and hundreds of car audio and pro audio product presentations
More from Dominic DeVito
The Sound Ordnance B-8P powered bandpass sub comes ready to add some dynamic thump to your ride — just wire it up for power and secure it in your trunk or cargo area. This rugged box houses an 8" sub that delivers plenty of firepower, thanks to its polypropylene cone, treated foam surround, and stamped steel basket. The B-8P's built-in amplifier powers the sub with 80 watts RMS for surefire response, and you can use the variable low-pass filter and phase control to tune the bass barrage for your vehicle.
The handsome bandpass enclosure features 5/8" medium-density fiberboard construction for enduring strength, while a clear acrylic window lets you see the woofer in action. Inside the chamber, four LED lights provide visual enhancement to go along with your bass. The durable black carpet cover protects the B-8P and your vehicle from nicks and scrapes. And the Sound Ordnance logo gives you the added assurance of a 3-year warranty to go with your investment.
- powered bandpass subwoofer
- 8" woofer
- built-in 80 watts RMS amplifier (160 watts maximum)
- acrylic front window
- frequency response: 46-150 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover (70-200 Hz)
- variable phase control (0-180°)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- 10-gauge wiring kit required (sold separately)
- dimensions: 14-7/8"W x 11-1/8"H x 14-7/8"D1 x 10-1/8"D2
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B-8P
What's in the box:
- Amplified subwoofer featuring an 8" subwoofer in a bandpass enclosure
- 7.5 amp ATO fuse (installed)
- Owner's manual
- Warranty information
This thing thumps, especially for only a little 8" 80watter. Won't be heard coming down the block, but will vibrate your seats, and mirrors on less than half power. Have it installed in the trunk of my 2002 Prius.
Billy from Kenai
More details on the Sound Ordnance™ B-8P
Features & specs
|Connector Type||RCA/Spring term|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||80 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||160 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Overview: The B-8P amplified subwoofer features an 80-watt RMS (160 watts max) amp and an 8" sub housed in a bandpass enclosure. The inside of the sealed chamber is illuminated by four white LEDs, which can be set to turn on when the subwoofer is powered on.
- Level: rotary dial to set the amplifier gain control
- Phase: rotary dial to set the subwoofer phase; 0° to 180°
- Frequency: rotary dial to control the low pass crossover frequency; 70 to 200 Hz; the crossover slope is 6 dB/octave
- Illumination: on (when the sub is on) /off
- Power: power, ground, and remote inputs are on a screw terminal strip; each is 0.35" wide
- Line Input: stereo RCA jacks
- Speaker Input: spring terminals for speaker-level input
111 questions already asked