About the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD
Fill your vehicle with bass, not equipment
Fill your vehicle with bass, not equipment
Want to put some bass in your vehicle without a lot of fuss? Sound Ordnance's B-8PTD powered subwoofer is the latest version of the B-8PT, one of our all-time best-selling compact powered subwoofers. Sound Ordnance built this new version to perform even better than its predecessor, putting a cool-running 125-watt amp and a rugged aluminum 8" sub in an extremely compact, solid ABS plastic enclosure,so you get years of bass satisfaction. This all-in-one unit frees you from having to deal with a separate sub, amp, and enclosure, saves you cargo space, and simplifies your wiring requirements. Whether it's mounted under your car seat or in an out-of-the-way location in the cab of your truck, this little workhorse will surprise you with its impressive bass and its ability to mesh perfectly with the rest of your system.
Big bass from this tough little sub
A 125-watt RMS Class D amplifier powers the sub and lives on a compact circuit board mounted inside the enclosure. The sub's stiff 8" aluminum cone holds its shape even when playing hard, helping to keep the lowest notes clean, and ensuring a long life for the sub. You can adjust the low-pass filter, variable phase control, and bass boost to get the B-8PTD sounding perfect in your vehicle. Preamp- and speaker-level inputs allow convenient connection to just about any system, even a factory stereo.
Good design helps
The B-8PTD's tough outer casing of molded ABS plastic serves as the sub's sealed enclosure and can withstand some pretty extreme internal pressure changes with no reverberating or buzzing. Sound Ordnance conveniently located the neat, clean, easy-to-understand controls on one side, opposite all the connections, so you won't get tangled in wires as you tune your bass. The control knobs and switches aren't recessed, so you can make adjustments by hand, without the need for a tiny screwdriver.
- powered subwoofer with heavy-duty ABS plastic enclosure
- 8" woofer with aluminum cone
- built-in Class D amplifier (125 watts RMS/250 watts peak)
- frequency response: 40-200 Hz
- variable low-pass crossover (80-200 Hz)
- variable phase control (0-180 degrees)
- bass boost control (0dB to +10dB)
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- auto turn-on switch (works with most speaker wire input connections)
- wired remote control included
- 10-gauge wiring (not included) recommended
- dimensions: 9-1/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 13-5/8"D
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # B-8PTD
What's in the box:
- Amplified subwoofer
- Two 15A ATO fuses (1 installed)
- Wired remote bass control
- 14' Remote cable (RJ-14 plug on both ends)
- 8" Speaker input harness
- 2 Mounting clamps (4" x 1")
- Two 6" x 3/4" Self-adhesive "Hook" strips (half of the Hook and Loop combination)
- Seven 3/4" self-tapping screws (to secure mounting clamps and wired remote)
- 4 Self-adhesive foam strips (two 3/16" wide and two 1/4" wide)
- Owner's manual
- Mounting feet instructions
- Warranty information
Awesome ! Getting ready to purchase another one for my other vehicle .
David from Goochland , Va
Can this be mounted upright or does it have to lay flat?
I mounted horizontal, but it looks like it could be placed vertical as well.
More details on the Sound Ordnance B-8PTD
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||125 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||250 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Overview: The B-8PTD amplified subwoofer features a 125-watt RMS (250-watts max) amp and an 8" sub housed in a rugged, compact enclosure designed to fit in tight spaces.
Wired Remote Control: The wired remote puts control of your subwoofer output level within easy reach. The remote can be mounted using the attached double sided tape or the included self-tapping screw. The dimensions are:
- Width: 1-3/16"
- Height: 1-1/4"
- Depth: 1-7/8" (2-1/2" including the knob)
Mounting: The subwoofer, with its height just over 3", can be mounted flat under a seat in the passenger compartment of many vehicles. Two mounting clamps are included to secure the subwoofer to a flat surface.
- Auto: amp turns on when a signal is present on the speaker-level input
- Remote: amp turns on when 12 volts is applied to the remote terminal
Level: rotary dial to set the amplifier gain control
Bass EQ: bass boost; rotary knob, 0 to 10 dB @ 67Hz
Phase: rotary dial to set the subwoofer phase; 0° to 180°
Frequency: rotary dial to control the low pass crossover frequency; 80 to 200 Hz
Power: power, ground, and remote inputs are on a screw terminal strip; each is 0.35" wide
Line Input: stereo RCA jacks
Speaker Input: Molex jack for the included harness
Remote: 4-pin RJ-14 jack for use with included remote cable
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
115 questions already asked