Cambridge Audio Minx S212-V3
2.1-channel speaker system (Black)
Our take on the Cambridge Audio Minx S212-V3 by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Big stereo sound from a tiny system
The Minx S212-V3 system was designed for hi-fi sound with a low-profile look. We've been surprised time and again by Cambridge Audio's Minx Min satellites — you get so much sound from such tiny speakers. We think you'll be impressed by the accuracy, detail, and realism you get from the two Minx Min 12 speakers in this system, which measure just over 3" cubed. And the matching 200-watt subwoofer measures just 9" cubed, delivering big bass without eating into your living space. Whether you're looking to maximize your music or movie experience or add depth to your favorite TV shows and sports, the Minx S212-V3 is waiting to show you what you've been missing.
Ultra-compact satellite speakers engineered with passion
Cambridge Audio completely rewrote the rulebook of what's possible from miniature speakers with their BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) driver technology. BMR drivers use a flat speaker surface that combines the traditional "pistonic" movement of speaker cones with a "bending-wave" movement to create sound. It's what allows the Minx Min 12s to produce a much wider frequency response than other comparably sized speakers. You'll also experience a much broader sound dispersion across your entire room. Plus, the compact, acoustically damped cabinets offer extreme rigidity, so you hear pure, clean sound no matter how intense your music or movies get.
Awesome bass from a hideaway sub
The matching Minx X201 subwoofer uses a 6-1/2" forward firing driver made of a single piece of super strong, aerospace-grade aluminum for amazing punch and attack. It's paired with dual passive radiators that add some serious mid-bass boost. Cambridge Audio's software engineers specially designed the sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) in this sub, allowing it to pump out sensational bass from such a compact enclosure.
Speakers that fit your lifestyle
Naturally, you want your speakers to fit into your home, rather than having to design your living space around your system. That's why the compact Minx Min 12 satellites include a keyhole slot wall mounting bracket. They can also be swivel-mounted to your wall, placed on stands, or positioned on a tabletop using optional hardware.
- includes two Minx Min 12 satellite speakers and a Minx X201 subwoofer
- system frequency response 36-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity 86 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- scratch-resistant high-gloss lacquer finish
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 3 years subwoofer amp and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Minx Min 12 satellite speakers:
- recommended amplifier power: 25-200 watts
- 4th generation 2-1/4" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) full-range drivers with improved dispersion for a wider soundstage
- larger magnet structure than previous generation for greater efficiency
- acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminum cabinet
- removable binding post terminals accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, or banana plugs
- included keyhole slot wall-mounting bracket
- screw hole for use with optional pivoting wall-mounting bracket, floor stand, or tabletop stand
- weight: 0.95 lbs.
- 3-1/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 3-11/16"D
Minx X201 subwoofer:
- 200-watt RMS amplifier
- 6-1/2" front-firing woofer and dual 6-1/2" passive radiators
- single-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum cones move air with incredible efficiency
- continuously variable 50-200 Hz crossover
- specially designed DSP (digital signal processor) for big bass from a small enclosure
- adjustable phase control
- line-level/LFE subwoofer inputs and outputs
- auto on/off mode
- weight: 11 lbs.
- 8-1/4"W x 8-5/8"H x 10-1/16"D
What's in the Box:
- Powered subwoofer
- Subwoofer grill (installed)
- 6' AC power cord
- 2 Satellite loudspeakers
- 2 Speaker grilles (installed)
- Two 6mm screws (pre-installed)
- 2 Keyhole slot adapters
- 8 Rubber pads
- Satellite Speaker Installation Guide
- Powered Subwoofer Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|Midrange Size (inches)||2.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6.5|
|Frequency Response||36-20k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||31-36|
|Parts Warranty||5 Yrs spkr/3 Yrs amp|
|Labor Warranty||5 Yrs spkr/3 Yrs amp|
BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) Technology: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN12 satellite speaker features a single 2.25" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) driver. The Cambridge Audio BMR driver utilizes patented 'bending wave' principles normally seen in advanced flat-panel speakers, combined with piston-movement (backwards and forwards) like in a traditional speaker design. This type of design provides the Minx satellite speaker with a much wider frequency response and deeper and more powerful bass frequencies, plus incredibly spacious sound. The BMR driver design also adds value by delivering a much broader sound dispersion across the entire room, avoiding the typical "sweet spot" pitfall, for a more enveloping sound.
Acoustically Damped Cabinet: The MIN12 satellite speaker employs an acoustically damped thermo-polymer cabinet to prevent distortion caused by resonance and vibration. Its acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure delivers greater detail and accuracy.
Binding Posts: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN12 satellite speaker is equipped with a pair of binding post terminals. The binding post terminals will accept bare-wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and spade-connectors. The satellite speaker's binding post terminals can be removed to allow use of banana plugs (single only). The binding post terminals simply pull out of the back of the speaker, which allows access to banana connector inputs.
Mounting Options: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN12 satellite speaker can be table-top mounted, wall mounted, or placed on a floor-standing speaker stand.
- Table-Top Mount: The Minx MIN12 satellite speaker comes with four self-adhesive rubber feet to simply place the speaker securely on a table or shelf. There is also an optional Minx Table-Top Stand (779MTSA, sold separately) available, which allows placement on a desk, table, or shelf.
- Wall Mount: The MIN12 features a rear-mounted 6mm threaded insert which allows you to wall-mount the speaker using the included keyhole-slot adapter, the Cambridge Audio Minx Wall Bracket (779MPWM, sold separately), or other optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately).
- Speaker Stand: The 6mm threaded insert on the back of the satellite speaker can be used to attach the speaker to the Cambridge Audio Minx Floor Stands (779MFSB, sold separately).
200W Amp w/ DSP: The Cambridge Audio X201 powered subwoofer is equipped with a 200 watt (RMS) amplifier with digital signal processing. Cambridge Audio's software engineers have designed a sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to provide real-time control of equalization and dynamic range processing for the maximum possible performance while preventing drivers overloading or distorting. This allows the Minx X201 powered subwoofer to handle more power and play louder.
6.5" Woofer + Dual 6.5" Radiators: The Cambridge Audio X201 powered subwoofer uses a front-firing, one-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum 6.5" cone woofer powered by the built-in 200W amplifier and twin side-firing, one-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum 6.5" auxiliary bass radiators. The X201 powered subwoofer uses an ABR system rather than having either an enclosed box (which would require even more power) or a ported design (which would require a bigger cabinet). The result is an extremely efficient and powerful active subwoofer housed in a tiny cabinet.
Controls: The Minx powered subwoofer offers complete rear-panel control of volume, crossover frequency, and phase.
- Volume Control: The Cambridge Audio X201 powered subwoofer has a rear-panel rotary volume control to adjust the volume of the subwoofer relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Crossover Frequency: The X201 powered subwoofer offers a continuously variable low-pass filter, adjustable from 50-200 Hz.
- Phase Adjustment: The powered subwoofer's phase adjustment allows you to adjust the subwoofer's phase between 0° to 180°. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass performance.
Connections: The Cambridge Audio X201 powered subwoofer is fitted with stereo RCA inputs and outputs.
- RCA Inputs: The powered subwoofer has gold plated left & right RCA line-level inputs for use with receivers having a subwoofer or stereo preamp output that do not contain their own low-pass crossover. The left channel RCA input doubles as the LFE input, if your receiver has an LFE output and a built-in low-pass crossover.
- RCA Outputs: The powered subwoofer's gold-plated left & right RCA line-level outputs allow you to connect (daisy-chain) a second powered subwoofer.
Auto On/Off: The X201's Auto On/Off feature will switch the powered subwoofer On and Off automatically by signal detection.
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.