About the iDatalink HRN-RR-CH1 Factory Integration Adapter
iDatalink meets Chrysler
iDatalink meets Chrysler
iDatalink's HRN-RR-CH1 wiring adapter allows you to connect a new car stereo in select 2007-up Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Mazda, Mitsubishi, and Volkswagen vehicles, working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls and your factory amp in these vehicles.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your factory radio's wiring plugs, and your new car stereo. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness.
Extra functionality with an iDatalink-ready car stereo
With select iDatalink-compatible radios from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, and Pioneer (see the ADS-MRR module for specific models), you'll also be able to retain the use of your Uconnect system, including voice command.
Got a Rear Seat Entertainment system?
If you want to keep the factory Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) system, you can add iDatalink's ADS-HRN(AV)-CHR01 adapter (sold separately) to send audio and video from your new touchscreen receiver to the factory monitor.
Keeping your factory features with an iDatalink-ready car stereo
If you're buying a compatible iDatalink-ready car stereo, you'll enjoy the outstanding performance of your receiver, plus seamless touchscreen control over most of the factory features in select Chrysler-built vehicles. You'll also be able to display engine performance data and other vehicle info on your receiver's screen.
Installation note: The HRN-RR-CH1 adapter must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR module to connect a new car stereo to your Chrysler-made vehicle.
- allows installation of new receiver in select Chrysler vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls and factory amp in select vehicles
- retains Uconnect with voice command and the factory satellite radio with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood and Pioneer receivers
- works with iDatalink ADS-HRN(AV)-CHR01 adapter to retain use of Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) monitor
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood and Pioneer receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-CH1
What's in the box:
- Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep installation harness (for use with Maestro RR interface)
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-CH1 Factory Integration Adapter
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-CH1 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mitsubishi, and Volkswagen vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer; or other aftermarket head unit.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility:Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-CH1 installation harness.
- Steering Wheel Controls
- uConnect for USB & Bluetooth (Phone/Music) *does not support Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
- Analog or Digital Amp with Turn On, Fader, & Gain
- Rear Seat Entertainment (requires iDatalink's HRN-AV-CH1 AV installation harness)
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, only steering wheel control, amplifier turn-on, and rear seat entertainment (adapter required) are retained.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-CH1 installation harness.
- Performances Gauges
- Vehicle Information (TPMS, Doors, Check Engine)
- On-Screen Parking Sensor Display
- Navigation Info on EVIC Display (Kenwood only)
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-CH1 installation harness contains two Molex connectors which plug into your factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are five multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module. In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-CH1 harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness.
Note: When using the HRN-RR-CH1 installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module.
16 questions already asked