About the iDatalink HRN-RR-CH3 Factory Integration Adapter
iDatalink working with Chrysler
iDatalink working with Chrysler
iDatalink's HRN-RR-CH3 wiring adapter allows you to connect an iDatalink-ready car stereo in select 2007-up Chrysler vehicles, working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls and your factory amp in these vehicles, as well as your warning chimes and retained accessory power.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your factory radio's wiring plugs, and the serial port on your new car stereo. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness.
Keeping your factory features with an iDatalink-ready car stereo
If you're buying a compatible iDatalink-ready car stereo, you'll enjoy the outstanding performance of your receiver, plus seamless touchscreen control over most of the factory features in select Chrysler-built vehicles. You'll also be able to display engine performance data and other vehicle info on your receiver's screen.
Installation note: The HRN-RR-CH3 adapter must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR module to connect a new iDatalink-compatible car stereo to your Chrysler-made vehicle.
- allows installation of a new receiver with iDatalink port in select Chrysler vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls and factory amp
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood and Pioneer receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-CH3
What's in the box:
- Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep installation harness (for use with Maestro RR interface)
- OBDII harness
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-CH3 Factory Integration Adapter
Installation Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-CH3 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat, and Ram vehicles with a 52-pin radio plug when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat, and Ram vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-CH3 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately). This installation harness will not work with aftermarket head units that do not feature an iDatalink Serial Port.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR (ADS-MRR) will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR or RR2 with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-CH3 installation harness.
- Steering Wheel Controls
- Analog or Digital Amp with Turn On, Fader, Gain , & Speed Compensated Volume
- RAP (Retained Accessory Power)
- Vehicle Settings within compatible aftermarket radio
- Factory Cluster with song/artist/album information and clock display
- Climate control and display
- RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment)
- Front & rear parking sensor display & chime
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood. JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-CH3 installation harness.
- Performances Gauges
- Vehicle Information (TPMS, Doors, Check Engine)
- On-Screen Parking Sensor Display
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-CH3 installation harness contains a Molex connector which plug into your factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are four multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module. In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-CH3 harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness.
Note: When using the HRN-RR-CH3 installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module.
5 questions already asked