About the iDatalink HRN-RR-GM3 Interface Harness
iDatalink working with GM
iDatalink working with GM
iDatalink's HRN-RR-GM3 interface harness allows you to connect an iDatalink-ready car stereo in select 2014-up GM-made vehicles, working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls, your OnStar® system with its Bluetooth® capability, your factory backup camera, and your warning chimes. Plus, you'll be able to assign secondary functions to your steering wheel audio controls.
Keep in touch with your truck
You'll be able to set up gauges on your receiver's screen to monitor engine performance, tire pressure, and other functions. In addition, you will retain full access to your factory vehicle customization options on your new radio's screen.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your vehicle's radio's wiring plugs, and your new car stereo. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness.
Satellite radio note: Your satellite radio tuner is built into your factory radio, so this harness can't retain that feature. To keep SiriusXM working, you'll need a satellite radio tuner and an adapter to connect your vehicle's satellite radio antenna to that tuner.
Installation Note: The HRN-RR-GM3 harness must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR module to connect a new iDatalink-compatible car stereo to your GM vehicle.
- allows installation of a new receiver with an iDatalink port in select GM vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls and warning chimes
- retains OnStar (with Bluetooth), factory backup cam, vehicle customization options
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-GM3
What's in the box:
- Vehicle harness
- Backup camera harness
- External chime module
- OBDII harness
- Jumper harness
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-GM3 Interface Harness
GM Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM3 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select GM vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible GM vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
- This harness is only compatible with select Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, & Pioneer in-dash receivers that feature an iDatalink serial port for the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface Module. Not compatible with any other brand of aftermarket car stereo.
- The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM3 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately).
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR or RR2 with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Amplifier Bypass: If your GM vehicle features a factory amplifier, the factory amp cannot be retained and must be bypassed or replaced with an aftermarket amplifier.
Retained Factory Features: When installing select Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, & Pioneer in-dash receivers which contain an iDatalink serial port, the HNR-RR-GM3 harness along with the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 interface module allows you to retain the following GM factory features (if applicable).
- Steering Wheel Controls
- OnStar Service & Bluetooth Hands-Free
- Backup Camera
- Turn Signals & Warning Chimes (external chime module included)
- RAP (Retained Accessory Power)
- Access & Modify Vehicle Settings
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine (using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HNR-RR-GM3 harness.
- User Selectable Gauges
- Vehicle Information (Tire Pressure, Battery Voltage, Engine Codes, Door Open Status)
- Park Assist (Chimes & On-Screen Display)
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM3 vehicle harness includes two Molex connectors which plug into your GM factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are four multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module. There is also a composite video RCA connector which plugs into the backup camera input on your compatible aftermarket head unit. In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-GM3 harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness. The external chime module will plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 interface module.
Note: When using the HRN-RR-GM3installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?