About the iDatalink ADS HRN-RR-GM5+ Interface Harness
iDatalink's ADS HRN-RR-GM5+
iDatalink's ADS HRN-RR-GM5+
This iDatalink ADS-HRN-RR-GM5+ harness from iDatalink allows you to connect a new car stereo in select 2006-up GM vehicles, working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls, your factory amp, and your safety warning chimes, along with OnStar® and factory Bluetooth, if present.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your GM radio's wiring plugs, and your new car stereo. The harness now includes the option of speaker-level outputs to your amp via included plug-in adapters. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness. The package also includes a plug-in remote speaker which reproduces all factory warning chimes and turn signal clicks.
Keeping your factory features with an iDatalink-ready car stereo
If you're buying a compatible iDatalink-ready car stereo, you'll enjoy the outstanding performance of your receiver, plus seamless touchscreen control over most of the factory features in select GM-built vehicles. You'll also be able to display engine performance data and other vehicle info on your receiver's screen.
Installation note: This interface harness must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR module to connect a new car stereo to your GM vehicle.
- allows installation of a new receiver in select GM vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls, OnStar, safety warning chimes, and your factory amp
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood and Pioneer receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-GM5
What's in the box:
- GM vehicle harness (for use with Maestro RR interface)
- High-level front speaker harness
- Low-level front speaker harness
- High-level rear speaker harness
- Low-level rear speaker harness
- Camera/Sub/Center RCA harness
- Warning chime module
- Two 4-Pin connectors
- 4-pin to 2-pin jumper harness
- OBDII harness (pre-connected to main harness)
More details on the iDatalink ADS HRN-RR-GM5+ Interface Harness
iDatalink HRN-RR-GM5+ Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM5+ installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select GM vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer; or other brand of aftermarket head unit.
- Click here for a list of compatible GM vehicles.
- Click here for a list of compatible aftermarket radios.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR or RR2 with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Factory Features: When installing select Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, & Pioneer in-dash receivers which contain an iDatalink serial port, the HNR-RR-GM5+ harness along with the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 interface module allows you to retain the following GM factory features (if applicable).
- Steering Wheel Controls
- OnStar Service & Bluetooth Hands-Free
- Analog & Digital Amplifier with Turn-On, Fader, DSP, and Gain
- Satellite Radio (external tuner only)
- Factory installed backup camera
- RAP & Warning Chimes (external chime module included)
- Rear Seat Entertainment (requires AVGM5 harness; sold separately)
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, only steering wheel control, OnStar, Bluetooth Phone, amplifier turn-on, and Rear Seat Entertainment (requires adapter) are retained.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HNR-RR-GM5+ harness.
- Performances Gauges
- Vehicle Information (TPMS, Doors, Check Engine)
- On-Screen Parking Sensor Display
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM5+ vehicle harness includes two Molex connectors which plug into your GM factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are four multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module. In addition there are two 4-pin connectors which plug into the included high-level (speaker-level) or low-level (RCA) front and rear speaker harnesses. There is also audio/video harness with a molex connector on one end that plugs into the vehicle and a center-channel RCA output connector, mono-sub RCA output connector, and back-up camera RCA output which plug into the corresponding jacks on your aftermarket head unit. In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker (if using high-level leads), and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-GM5+ harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness.
Note: When using the HRN-RR-GM5+ installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module.
13 questions already asked