About the iDatalink HRN-RR-HO2 Factory Integration Adapter
iDatalink working with Honda
iDatalink working with Honda
iDatalink's HRN-RR-HO2 wiring adapter works in conjunction with their Maestro ADS-MRR module (required, sold separately), allowing you to connect a new iDatalink-ready car stereo in select 2008-up Honda vehicles. With your iDatalink-ready car stereo, you'll enjoy the outstanding performance of your receiver, plus seamless touchscreen control over most of the factory features in select Honda vehicles, including the use of your steering wheel audio controls, factory amplifier, aux input, Bluetooth®, and backup camera, plus your lane watch camera and secondary vehicle display (if equipped). You'll also appreciate the additional features added by the adapter, including the ability to view performance gauges and other vehicle information on your radio's screen.
Maestro module required
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module and your factory radio's wiring plugs. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness.
Installation Note: The HRN-RR-HO2 adapter must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR module to connect an iDatalink-ready car stereo to your Honda vehicle.
- allows installation of a new iDatalink-ready car stereo in select Honda vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls, factory Bluetooth, and aux input, plus factory amp and secondary vehicle display (if equipped)
- also retains your Honda backup camera and lane watch camera (if equipped)
- displays engine data and vehicle info onscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-HO2
What's in the box:
- Vehicle harness
- Sub-out harness
- Camera harness
- OBD II harness
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-HO2 Factory Integration Adapter
Honda Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-HO2 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Honda vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a a list of compatible Honda vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-HO2 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately).
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR or RR2 with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, JVC, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-HO2 installation harness.
- Factory Amplifier
- Aux Input
- Steering Wheel Controls
- Secondary Vehicle Display (if equipped)
- Multi-Angle Backup Camera with Parking Guidelines (multi-angle control and parking guidelines only supported by specific Kenwood and JVC radios)
- Lane Watch Camera (your compatible iDatalink Maestro receiver will need a second camera input for the Lane Watch Camera feature to be retained; includes specific Kenwood, JVC, and Sony radios)
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-HO2 installation harness.
- Selectable Performance Gauges
- Vehicle Information such as Battery Voltage Display, Read/Reset Check Engine Codes, and Door Open Status/Warning
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-HO2 installation harness contains three Molex connectors which plug into your factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are four multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module. In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-HO2 harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness. In addition, stereo RCA connectors connect to your aftermarket head unit's front, rear, and sub pre-outs. There is also a composite video jack and a 3.5mm minijack to plug into your aftermarket head unit's rear-panel camera input and Aux input.
Note: When using the HRN-RR-HO2 installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module.
4 questions already asked