About the iDatalink HRN-RR-VW2 Interface Harness
iDatalink plus VW
iDatalink plus VW
iDatalink's HRN-RR-VW2 interface harness allows you to connect an iDatalink-ready car stereo in select 2016-up Volkswagen vehicles, working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls in these vehicles. You'll also gain the ability to assign secondary functions to your steering wheel audio controls.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your Volkswagen's radio's wiring plugs, and your new car stereo. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness. It also provides the navigation outputs you'll need if you're connecting a multimedia receiver.
Once the new receiver has been installed, you'll be able to set up gauges on its screen to monitor engine performance, tire pressure, and other functions. You can even send navigation information from your new receiver to the multi-function display in your VW's instrument cluster.
Installation note: The HRN-RR-VW2 harness must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR module to connect a new car stereo to your Volkswagen vehicle.
- allows installation of a new iDatalink-ready receiver in select Volkswagen vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls
- displays engine performance data and other vehicle data on touchscreen
- displays radar info onscreen with select radios and detectors
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-VW2
What's in the box:
- Volkswagen installation harness (for use with Maestro RR interface)
- OBDii harness
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-VW2 Interface Harness
Volkswagen Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-VW2 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Volkswagen vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Volkswagen vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-VW2 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately).
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR (ADS-MRR) will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR or RR2 with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-VW2 installation harness.
- Multi-Function Display (Metadata, Caller ID, Navigation Guidance) - if vehicle equipped
- Steering Wheel Control
- Factory Amplifier & Sub
- Aux Input & Backup Camera
- Dynamic Parking Guideline Overlay and Front Camera Auto Control (aftermarket radio must have a front or two camera inputs)
- R.A.P (Retained Accessory Power) & Park Assist Chimes
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-VW2 harness.
- Performances Gauges
- Vehicle Information (Doors, Check Engine)
- On-Screen Parking Sensor Display
- Navigation Info on Multi-Function Display (Kenwood only)
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-VW2 installation harness contains one large Molex connector which plug into your factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are four multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module. In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-VW2 harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness.
Note: When using the HRN-RR-VW2 installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module.
3 questions already asked