About the iDatalink KIT-CHK1 Factory System Adapter
Install a new radio in your Jeep
Install a new radio in your Jeep
You bought a 2014-up Jeep Cherokee — it's a great vehicle, but its dashboard makes it difficult to upgrade the factory radio. The iDatalink KIT-CHK1 (along with the Maestro ADS-MRR module, sold separately) gives you everything you need to install an iDatalink-ready double-DIN (4" tall) stereo and wire it up to your Jeep. You'll also retain these handy features on your Jeep:
- both USB ports and your aux input
- steering wheel audio controls
- backup camera (if equipped)
- amplifier (if equipped) including fader and speed compensated volume
- parking assist chimes
This package allows you to view your climate control display on the new radio's screen (for models with factory 8” screen). You'll also be able to check performance gauges, plus read and reset engine codes on the screen. The kit includes silver and bronze trim rings to match your vehicle's factory trim.
- allows you to install an an iDatalink-ready double-DIN radio in your Jeep (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- silver and bronze trim rings match your vehicle's factory trim
- ADS-MRR module required (sold separately)
- retains factory amplifier, steering wheel controls, backup camera, USB ports, aux input, and parking assist chimes
- climate control display shows up on the new radio's screen
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- does not retain Uconnect
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KIT-CHK1
What's in the box:
- Dash kit
- Vehicle harness
- 2 Brackets
- USB/Aux module
- 2' USB harness
- 7" USB harness
- OBDII harness
More details on the iDatalink KIT-CHK1 Factory System Adapter
Jeep Cherokee Integration Dash Kit & Vehicle Harness: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-CHK1 consists of an integration dash kit and vehicle harness designed specifically for select 2014-up Jeep Cherokees (all trim levels, including Sport). In combination with the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) , the KIT-CHK1 lets you replace the factory radio of your 2014-up Jeep Cherokee with a compatible Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer aftermarket head unit equipped with an iDatalink Serial Port.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible aftermarket radios with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-CHK1 requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately) and the download of a vehicle specific firmware from iDatalink's Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac).
Retained Features: The follow factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and KIT-CHK1 installation package.
- Factory Amplifier: Retains factory amplifier (if equipped) with amplifier turn-on, speed compensated volume, digital fader, DSP settings, and gain adjustment.
- Steering Wheel Controls: Retains factory steering wheel controls with two functions on each button for standard and expanded radio functions.
- Climate Control & Vehicle Settings: Climate control & display are offered on the aftermarket radio, as well as access to modify vehicle settings.
- Backup Camera w/ Park Assist: Retains the factory backup camera with parking guidelines. Plus, retains park assist chimes and distance display on screen.
- USB/Aux Ports: Retains both factory USB (type-A) ports and the one factory Aux (3.5mm) input.
Note: The KIT-CHK1 does not retain U-Connect.
Navigation Outputs: To make installing an aftermarket navigation receiver easier, the KIT-CHK1 provides Parking Brake, Foot Brake, Reverse Gear, & VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense) output wires.
Extra Features: The follow extra features are retained when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and KIT-CHK1 installation package.
- Selectable Performance Gauges
- Tire Pressure & Battery Voltage Display
- Read/Reset Check Engine Codes
- Door Open Status &Warning
Factory Fit & Finish Dash Kit: The KIT-CHK1's dash kit features a factory grade fit & finish to match the contour and color of your Jeep Cherokee's dash. The dash kit will fit select Double-DIN Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, & Pioneer aftermarket radios with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?