About the iDatalink KIT-MFT1
Install a new radio in your Ford truck
Install a new radio in your Ford truck
Your 2011-up Ford is a great vehicle, but its dashboard makes it difficult to upgrade the factory radio. The iDatalink KIT-MFT1 factory system adapter (along with the Maestro ADS-MRR module, sold separately) gives you everything you need to install an iDatalink-ready double-DIN (4" tall) car stereo and wire it up to your Ford vehicle with its "My Ford Touch" radio. This package retains your amplifier and backup camera (if equipped), along with your steering wheel audio controls.
iDatalink to the rescue
The package includes a replacement media hub which provides 2 USB ports, a HDMI jack, and a 3.5mm AUX input. You'll also retain the fader control and full functionality of your factory amplifier, as well as your rear-seat entertainment system (if present). You can set up gauges on your new car stereo's touchscreen to check engine performance and other vehicle data, such as tire pressure, battery voltage, and "door ajar" warnings, and you'll even be able to check the engine codes when a warning light comes on. The module also allows you to access the vehicle's factory settings to control customization options for lighting, door locks, and other features.
- allows you to install an iDatalink-compatible, double-DIN radio in your Ford truck
- also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module
- includes dash kit, wiring harness, and other wiring
- includes replacement media hub with 2 USB ports, HDMI jack, and 3.5mm AUX jack
- retains Ford steering wheel audio controls, backup camera, and factory amp
- works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- retains control of factory customization options for lighting, door locks, and other features
- factory amp fader control and DSP
- retains rear-seat entertainment system
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KIT-MFT1
What's in the box:
- Radio panel
- 4 Brackets
- Wiring harness
- Backup camera harness
- USB/HDMI/Aux adapter (attached 6' extension cables)
- USB/HDMI/Aux adapter bracket
- Panel cover
- 4 Pan-head machine screws
- 4 Counter-sunk machine screws
- 8 Pan-head course-threaded screws
- Quick Start Guide
More details on the iDatalink KIT-MFT1
MyFord Touch OEM Integration Dash Kit & Vehicle Harness: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-MFT1 consists of a dash kit, vehicle harness, and adapters designed specifically for select 2011 to 2019 Ford Edge, Expedition, Explorer, F-Series, Flex, Fusion, Mustang, Taurus model vehicles equipped with Ford's MyFord Touch factory radio. In combination with the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately), the KIT-MFT1 lets you replace your compatible Ford vehicle's MyFord Touch radio with an aftermarket Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer receiver equipped with the iDatalink Serial Port.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible 2011 to 2019 Ford vehicles with the MyFord Touch radio.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible aftermarket radios with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-MFT1 requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately) and the download of a vehicle specific firmware from iDatalink's Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac).
Dash Kit: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-MFT1 includes a black ABS trim-panel and four sturdy metal brackets to mount a compatible double-din Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer receiver equipped with the iDatalink Serial Port.
Wiring Harness: The KIT-MFT1 includes a wiring harness which inserts into the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 interface module (sold separately), plugs into your vehicle's factory radio harness, and hardwires to the aftermarket radio harness of your compatible Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer receiver. The installation harness contains two Molex connectors which plug into your Ford vehicle's factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are two multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 interface module (sold separately). There are also front and rear RCA jacks that plug into the corresponding RCA jacks on your compatible Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer head unit.
Backup Camera Harness: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-MFT1 also includes a backup camera harness which consists of a male composite video RCA jack that will plug into your iDatalink compatible Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer receiver's composite video camera input in order to retain your vehicle's factory backup camera and parking guide lines.
USB/HDMI/Aux Module: The KIT-MFT1 comes with a media module that consists of two USB Type-A ports, one HDMI input, and one 3.5mm Aux input. The USB/HDMI/Aux module replaces the factory media module and installs in the dash to provide easy access to your compatible iDatalink receiver's rear-panel USB, HDMI, and Aux inputs (all input types are not applicable to all compatible iDatalink receivers). The media module features an attached 6' extension cable with male USB, HDMI, a 3.5mm jacks that plug into the corresponding input jacks on the back of your iDatalink compatible receiver.
Touchscreen Control & Display: Together, the KIT-MFT1 and iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2, provide climate control and display, access and modification of vehicle settings, as well as selectable performance gauges and vehicle information through a compatible iDatalink receiver from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, and Pioneer.
Retained Factory Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and the KIT-MFT1 installation package.
- Factory Amplifier & Subwoofer
- Steering Wheel Controls
- Climate Control and Display on Radio
- Reverse Camera, Parking Guidelines, Park Assist Chimes, and Distant Display
- MultiView Camera Control for factory Front, Backup, and Cargo cameras (radio must have 2nd camera input); 360-Degree Camera is retained in 2015-up vehicles.
- Multi-Contour/Massaging Seats (Kenwood/JVC radios only)
- Access and Modification of Vehicle Settings
- Warning Chimes
Extra Features: The following extra features are provided when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and KIT-MUS1 installation package.
- Selectable Performance Gauges
- Tire Pressure Display
- Battery Voltage Display
- Door Open Status and Warning
- Read/Reset Check Engine Codes
Navigation Outputs: The KIT-MFT1 provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Foot Brake, Parking Brake, and a Reverse Light output to make installing an iDatalink compatible navigation and multimedia receiver simpler and less time consuming.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked